Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-07-2022, 09:05 AM   #1291
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post

Great idea brother Telrith, I appreciate your gumption. I will HOLD THE LINE with you and our brothers. Maybe there is some magic that can crush our new enemies? Something that affects the area?
"My best area attack spell does not work underground."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 12:57 PM   #1292
Hide

Bain whispers to the party:

I will attack. Once I shoot (Vicious, Telrith) make a line in front of me. Gathika, hold your spell to dazzle the enemies, Mihrimah stays behind me… BTW, do you see Kinclad?

Let us raid this maze of flesh and dust.

Bain positions himself 5 yards away of the targets, aims for 2 seconds and delivers a surprise AOA determined with DWA. Then he attacks a third target (on his regular turn), it is a critical hit! The ambush has the intent of doing a multi-kill leveraging on the fact the targets stand in a row. All the attacks result in major wounds, this should take out 6 enemies.

Surprise attack:

Shooting DWA 12 (SL, acc, aoa, aim, skull, range: 15, 3, 1, 2, -7, -2.)
Hide: 3D6 → 11(4 +3 +4)
Shooting DWA 10 (SL, acc, aoa, aim, skull, range: 15, 3, 1, -7, -2.)
Hide: 3D6 → 10(3 +1 +6)

Both attacks succeeded!

Damage (2d+4)*4 (2) IMP vs 2 DR from skull.

Attack 1: 6+1+4-1 * 4 = 40
Attack 2: 5+5+4-1 * 4 = 52

Overpenetration (OP) 1

Cover DR + OP target DR = DR (both sides) 4, HP/2 (unliving) 5, OP target DR 2 (skull) = 11/2 (divisor) = 5.
Basic damage 1: 10-5, OP damage 5.
Damage to OP target 1 = 5*4 = 20 HP.

Basic damage 2: 13-5, OP damage 8.
Damage to OP target 2 = 8*4 = 32 HP.

Regular attack (normal round):

Shooting BOW 12 (SL, acc, quicks, range: 15, 3, -1, -2.)
Hide: 3D6 → 5(1 +2 +2)
Critical hit! (15) Max normal damage.
Hide: 3D6 → 15(6 +3 +6)
Damage (2d+4) (2) IMP.
Attack 3: 6+6+4 = 16.

Overpenetration (OP) 2

Cover DR + OP target DR = DR (both sides) 4, HP/2 (unliving) 5, OP target DR 2 (skull) = 11/2 (divisor) = 5.
Basic damage 3: 16-5, OP damage 11.
Damage to OP target 3 = 11 HP.
Old 09-07-2022, 07:05 PM   #1293
ajardoor

(OOC: skeletons are Unliving and DR 2, Unnatural, Speed 8.00, HP 11, Dodge 11, Parry/Block 10. zombies are Speed 6.00, Unnatural, HP 17, Unliving and DR 2, Dodge 8, Parry/Block 9.)

(OOC: Combat time has started. The undead enemies are going to attack the PCs with Weirdness Magnet, BTW. Bain, did you remember to roll for fast draw and readying?)

Bain's arrows destroys two undead's heads, ripping them off their shoulders. The arrows keep going, hitting another two walking dead and wrecking them too. His next shot tears into another, and the hostile behind it.
Old 09-08-2022, 09:35 AM   #1294
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
(...) BTW. Bain, did you remember to roll for fast draw and readying?)
Since we had the chance to make preparations in advance, I assumed we had time for things like readying the first/surprise attacks off-combat. In case you need such rolls, I posted them in the log (they were succesful). But I did make the fast-draw/ready after the DWA (the one that was not "off-combat").

Quote:
Bain's arrows destroys two undead's heads, ripping them off their shoulders. The arrows keep going, hitting another two walking dead and wrecking them too. His next shot tears into another, and the hostile behind it.
Nice!
Old 09-08-2022, 11:30 AM   #1295
vicious Violence

During the surprise round, Vic gets in formation, sword at the ready, behind one of the Elementals. He will wait until an enemy gets within reach 2 to attack.

Brother Telrith, perchance any spell to collapse the ceiling?or make a hole underneath the beasts?
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 03:33 PM   #1296
PumpkinLorica

Gathika gets ready to use her weapon and her magic and gets into the position Bain suggested.
I'm ready to attack guys Sibiribi (ノ≧∀≦)ノ ‥…━━━★
Sunlight: 18 ∑(゚Д゚)
Gathika makes darkness for all: 15
2 hex área in monster location

Last edited by PumpkinLorica; 09-08-2022 at 05:26 PM. Reason: .
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 06:15 PM   #1297
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Since we had the chance to make preparations in advance, I assumed we had time for things like readying the first/surprise attacks off-combat. In case you need such rolls, I posted them in the log (they were succesful). But I did make the fast-draw/ready after the DWA (the one that was not "off-combat").
(OOC: good. I was asking about the non-surprise attack (the third shot), really. You did not need to roll for the surprise, you prepped the arrows before hand.)

Vic feels a shiver go down his spine.
Gathika's spell goes off flawlessly.

(OOC: Telrith (what are the elementals do?), Kinclad, please post...the enemy will get a chance to act next turn and you'll all need to be ready.)
Old 09-09-2022, 10:01 AM   #1298
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Telrith is in the line. he is all-out defending (block). As he has the sheild wall perk, this lets him block for others.

Sullyfur is either right behind him or next to him where Kinclad may or may not be. The other elementals are behind those two, with Ruby most available if a gap in the line needs to be plugged.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 04:59 PM   #1299
ajardoor

(OOC: if Kinclad's player doesn't post soon, we're retconning him out, pretending he is not here.)
Old 09-15-2022, 07:27 AM   #1300
ajardoor

TURN 1

The six skeletons who weren't destroyed or severely harmed by Bain try to advance towards the party, but the 2-yard-radius darkness makes it difficult for them. They Move forward at random with spears in their hands, unable to locate their attackers.

Mihrimah stays by Bain's side, waiting on him to tell what she should do or to see if any undead come into range of her fists.

The 8 zombies then Move forward, axes in hand, but they are lost in the darkness just like their skeletal fellows.

(OOC: Bain's turn.)

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic