Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-22-2015, 12:38 AM   #11
Onkl

Default Re: GURPS Cards

If you don't mind filling them out by yourself, check out my Kit Cards:

Kit Cards v0.9

Or the weapon cards I made for SEALS in Vietnam

SEALs in Vietnam Kit Cards

I've also tried to make "Drama Cards" but failed utterly

Drama Cards
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:21 AM   #12
wmervine4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkl View Post
If you don't mind filling them out by yourself, check out my Kit Cards:

Kit Cards v0.9
You know what would make these Kit Cards awesome, in my opinion? If they were fillable PDFs. I'm averse to writing stuff out by hand because my penmanship leaves something to be desired, plus I find it much more time consuming that typing. Anyway, just an idea. :-)
wmervine4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 02:07 AM   #13
Onkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmervine4 View Post
You know what would make these Kit Cards awesome, in my opinion? If they were fillable PDFs. I'm averse to writing stuff out by hand because my penmanship leaves something to be desired, plus I find it much more time consuming that typing. Anyway, just an idea. :-)
Yeah, about that... I've InDesign 6 and in there, you can't really automate the process of creating these form-fillable fields and thus I won't do it. It's just too much work to post-process the exported PDF every time I change something.

But yeah, it would be a good idea if my old InDesign could do it. Sorry!

Cheers

Onkl
Old 10-23-2015, 04:23 AM   #14
foxanik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkl View Post
Yeah, about that... I've InDesign 6 and in there, you can't really automate the process of creating these form-fillable fields and thus I won't do it. It's just too much work to post-process the exported PDF every time I change something.

But yeah, it would be a good idea if my old InDesign could do it. Sorry!

Cheers

Onkl
First - great work! I'm using it in my games and it's just wonderful.

Secondly - if you don't have anything against it I could try to make those PDFs fillable, just waiting for your approval to edit them.

EDIT: Okay, I made them (not all cards, but most of them), if Onkl finds it wrong to post it I'll remove link, but for the time being here it is: http://speedy.sh/ZbPjX/Kit-Cards-v0.8-fillable.pdf

Last edited by foxanik; 10-23-2015 at 07:22 AM.
foxanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:11 AM   #15
Onkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxanik View Post
First - great work! I'm using it in my games and it's just wonderful.

Secondly - if you don't have anything against it I could try to make those PDFs fillable, just waiting for your approval to edit them.

EDIT: Okay, I made them (not all cards, but most of them), if Onkl finds it wrong to post it I'll remove link, but for the time being here it is: http://speedy.sh/ZbPjX/Kit-Cards-v0.8-fillable.pdf
Sir, you are welcome to improve what I have done in any way you seem to find appropriate. Thank you very much!

Cheers!

Onkl
Old 10-26-2015, 12:02 PM   #16
wellspring

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyschad View Post
A quick search of "Spell Cards" in the forums returned no results, but I can't believe I'm the first person to want to purchase card decks for:

1) Spells. For each of my mages to have their own deck of spells, color-coded by college, would help a lot.

2) Combat. I've used the free "combat cards" and that's ok, but an expanded deck that contained martial arts maneuvers would be nice.

3) Bestiary/NPCs. Having *various* decks for different genres would be cool. Imagine a "Deck of Orcs" packaged with suggested back-story and Cardboard Hero figures numbered to match the cards. A Dungeon Deck could contain all kinds of Icky Things. Various decks could be custom-mixed by the GM to allow for effortless random encounters.

4) Conditions. Whereas #3 covers "man vs. man", #4 covers "man vs. nature". Storms, Fires, Floods, Plagues, Air leaks, mechanical malfunction... This deck too would be separated by genre.

I'm sure others can chime in with ideas.

It would be nice to see GURPS products on the store shelves again!

--Thanks!
First, major props to Onkl for producing a great resource!

Second, I totally agree that this would be a great play aid. Many of the conditions especially would be much easier to use if they're written onto cards that the GM can slap down on a PC or NPC. Similarly, combat maneuvers make it immediately apparent what the rules will be for a particular action.
wellspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:15 AM   #17
Highland_Piper

I missed this when it came around. I've been working on an expanded Combat Card system and for the main weapons for my players. They enjoy using the Combat Cards. I've made some blank cards that are fillable forms so they don't actually have any GURPS data on them, you would have to fill them out yourself.

Check it out HERE

NPC Fillable Note Card 6x4

NPC Moster Cards with HP & FP dials!

These are on again, off again projects for me. I'm currently working on Ranged Weapon Cards with a dial to keep track of Ammo built into the card.
GURPS Mega Dungeons DFRPG Facebook Page
Highland_Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:44 AM   #18
Highland_Piper

Just an update

I've now got blank Combat cards you can fill in yourself in the pdf and then print off.
  • Attack
  • Concentrate
  • Do Nothing
  • Defence
  • Move
  • Technique
  • Condition

Find them HERE

Working on Spell/Power/Psi cards now
Old 06-30-2017, 07:19 PM   #19
SolemnGolem

This is some really impressive work! I'm bookmarking this page and coming back later once my color laser printer is fixed. :)
SolemnGolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:24 AM   #20
Highland_Piper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolemnGolem View Post
This is some really impressive work! I'm bookmarking this page and coming back later once my color laser printer is fixed. :)
Thanks. I could use some suggestion for Spell/Power/Psi cards. The thread is HERE