Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-31-2011, 08:19 PM   #71
Icelander

Default Re: Tactical reloads of shotguns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figleaf23 View Post
This is my understanding as well. Although there would seem to be a half-way between the two -- if you can retrieve and handle two shells from your pouch with which to double-load, why couldn't you retrieve two at a time to single-load?
Note that as of Tactical Shooting, the Double-Loading technique does apply to weapons with internal magazines.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:24 PM   #72
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
How would fast draw and various techniques let me change this?
For every single weapon in GURPS and when you game out second by second, Fast-Draw (Ammo) allows you to eliminate the seconds needed for Readying the shells, hence, reducing the time by 1 second per shell.

In an odd little aside for shotguns and lever-action rifles with internal magazines, Fast-Draw only subtracts 1/3 of a second per shell or cartridge. This, however, does not apply when loading them one or two at a time.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Needless to say, no player ever declares his intention to load a shotgun in eight seconds when he could do it second by second in four.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:41 PM   #73
Icelander

Default Doubles from Pulp Guns vs. doubles from High-Tech

Really, though, the questions about reloading time of shotguns with internal magazines have been asked and answered. Addressed in Tactical Shooting, too.

The reason that this thread popped up again is that I had a new question about shotgun reloads, namely what is put forth in this post.

That is, what is the feature of the Colt 1878 shotgun that makes it as fast to reload as other shotguns with automatic ejectors?

Also, some double shotguns in Pulp Guns are faster to reload than any that appear in High-Tech. Are these the result of some particular technologies that are unique to the weapons in Pulp Guns? If so, did any other shotguns exist before 1900 with the same technology?

I'm particularly interested in a heavy double, 10G or even 8G that is as fast to reload as the Greener F35 Far Killer, but is not an expensive foreign luxury import. Did a typical Parker shotgun with automatic ejectors in 10G have Shots 2(3i) or Shots 2(2i)?
Old 06-01-2011, 12:14 AM   #74
Kalzazz

Well, I was curious about this particular shotgun (solely because I now have one)
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #75
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Well, I was curious about this particular shotgun (solely because I now have one)
Well, of course. I wasn't saying that your question was illegitimate. Only that, well, the authors of High-Tech have already answered a similar question and I doubt they'll enlighten us any further. If they do, great.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:33 AM   #76
Icelander

I wonder if the reduction from (4i) to (3i) and (3i) to (2i) is part of a new notation scheme, much like the errata for revolver reloading times in High-Tech.

If so, are there any shotguns in High-Tech that ought to have their Shots stat altered?

Tags
gun-fu, guns, high-tech, reloading, shotguns