Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #11
NineDaysDead
Banned

Default Re: Aging with No Decline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze'Manel Cunha View Post
Well, since you aren't reducing the stats, it looks like an improvement on Longevity, but since you are rolling against actual HT it's a limitation on Longevity.

So I'd call it a +0% modification to Longevity, worth the same 2 points.
I arrive at 2 points from this point of view: Most normal humans will die before their 100th birthday, someone with Extended lifespan 1 [2] + Early Maturation 1 [0] will be an adult at 18, and won't make any aging rolls within the lifespan of a normal human (100 years old), which is what you want, and this costs 2 points. And they get to live a long time after 100 too.

EDIT: Or you could just be a total munchkin and go with Extended lifespan 2 [4] + Early Maturation 2 [0] + Self-Destruct [-10]; Adult at 18, live 200 years without aging rolls, then die in a few days! Total cost -6 points!!!

Last edited by NineDaysDead; 05-17-2011 at 11:12 AM.
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #12
Trachmyr

I too would advocate 2pts, based on Extended Lifespan. Currently I have one race that I use that lives till 80 without degeneration, then dies within a year... I call it a 1pt Perk.

If you actually do the Math on Longevity, it takes about 50 aging checks to loose one level of a stat. That's about age 85 before you loose 1pt in all stats... about age 100 before you loose the second point, and 1 more point of loss every 12.5 years or so... Thus, you get a lot for 2 points.

Unaging is a Red Herring, it's point cost doesn't really compare to the other aging advantages (same for Short Lifespan and Self-Destruct), unless you're in a pretty wierd campaign.
Trachmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #13
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trachmyr
If you actually do the Math on Longevity, it takes about 50 aging checks to loose one level of a stat. That's about age 85 before you loose 1pt in all stats... about age 100 before you loose the second point, and 1 more point of loss every 12.5 years or so... Thus, you get a lot for 2 points.
It's an interesting comparison. With modern (TL8) medical technology, and assuming stats of 10, the guy with the proposed trait could expect to live a healthy, unimpaired life to about the age of 115. By that time, the other guy (also with stats of 10, but with Longevity in place of the proposed trait) would expect to decline by three in each stat.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, limitation, threshold, unaging