Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #11
JCurwen3

Default Re: Curse of Tithonos: Unaging (You age but it doesn't kill you)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineDaysDead View Post
HP 0 means any damage will kill you.
Wrong:
HP is a secondary characteristic of ST.
Thanks for the correction, I missed that aging affected secondary stats as well.

It would still be possible then to have ST 0 from aging and higher than HP 0, if HP had been bought up from ST.

Another interesting case not covered in the rules, I think, is the opposite - what happens to the character with HP sold down from ST? If you have HP lower than ST, you could hit HP 0 before hitting a 0 in any stat due to aging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NineDaysDead View Post
I would charge:

Imunity to Aging for ST, DX or IQ [3]
Imunity to Aging for HT [6]
This seems like a reasonable cost breakdown, thanks.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #12
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCurwen3 View Post
It would still be possible then to have ST 0 from aging and higher than HP 0, if HP had been bought up from ST.
Yes, once ST hit 0 I would apply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging rules page 444
At the GM’s option, you may lose advantages or gain disadvantages of equivalent point value instead of losing an attribute point. For example, your Appearance could decline, or you could gain Hard of Hearing.
Starting with reducing HP and any Lifting and Striking ST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCurwen3 View Post
Another interesting case not covered in the rules, I think, is the opposite - what happens to the character with HP sold down from ST? If you have HP lower than ST, you could hit HP 0 before hitting a 0 in any stat due to aging.
Same as above, every time you fail a roll, lose the ST and 2 points off something else.

But the original point still stands; once your stats get low enough you're not long for this world. Even if you say you can't go lower than 1 in attributes you will soon die; and if you did that I would apply the above rule and say the character still lost points, from lost advantages and gain disadvantages.

Last edited by NineDaysDead; 01-28-2013 at 08:43 AM.
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #13
Fwibos

It rises!

Because a 0 in an attribute is a very bad thing, and not really in keeping with the theme of this curse, why not have it simply be Perk (Cannot lower Attributes below a certain minimum through aging) and Taboo Traits (Raising an attribute lowered by age)?

I mean, there is no set age in which people die of old age in GURPS. Theoretically, one can live forever if their modified HT is 18 and they never crit fail. And even if you don't, it's not the number of years

I think, if I were doing this thematically, I wouldn't let IQ go lower than 9-10. I feel the gods want you to recognize your suffering, but be unable to do anything about it.
I would set minimums as ST 4 DX 4 IQ 8 HT 8. Once you hit the minimums, you begin to suffer disadavantages equal to the

In my game, I sort of have this. If you fail an HT roll and risk losing an attribute, you may instead choose disadvantages equal in cost to represent the aging process.
Word of God and Word of Kromm are pretty much the same thing in my book
Fwibos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #14
Fred Brackin

[QUOTE=Fwibos;1547644]It rises!

Because a 0 in an attribute is a very bad thing, and not really in keeping with the theme of this curse, why not have it simply be Perk (Cannot lower Attributes below a certain minimum through aging) and Taboo Traits (Raising an attribute lowered by age)?

IUOTE]

Not true to the source, The mythological Tithonos dimished not only in normal capcities but even in size and all other capacities until he turned into a cricket. He didn't hang around as an eternal old man.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #15
David Johnston2

That wasn't the curse. That was a second spell cast by a God to let him escape his fate.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, unaging