Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
JCurwen3

Default Unkillable and Unaging

EDIT: Meant to title this "Unkillable and Aging". Sorry for confusing title.

What happens if you have any level of Unkillable, but no Unaging... and you age to the point where you have a 0 in any one of the 4 stats?

It seems like with Unkillable 1, you can die, you just need to be destroyed (-10xHP). So the answer here might be you die from aging as anyone else would. Or, alternatively, once all your stats are 0. I'd like to have an answer for this one.

With Unkillable 2 and 3, it feels even less clear. I'm inclined to think it'd be that you just keep on living, even when all stats hit 0, and it's just at that point (or way before that) you just say "not playable", but still not dead. Any ideas?

What if UK 2 or 3 has Reincarnation? Does the answer change then? Do they come back young or old?

Very similar question, what about Extra Life? Any ideas about Extra Life vs death from natural aging?

Last edited by JCurwen3; 01-12-2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: title explanation / correction
JCurwen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
Kilmore

Default Re: Unkillable and Unaging

According to Unkillable (B95), death by old age (reduction to stat of 0) kills an Unkillable character.

I would assume that since Reincarnation puts the character's spirit in a new body, it would be young and vital.

On the other hand, Extra Life would just undo one death from an aging roll. The next one can still do you in.

Last edited by Kilmore; 01-12-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Kilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
Bruno

Default Re: Unkillable and Unaging

Unkillable only interacts with hitpoint damage. Having an attribute reduced to 0 by aging doesn't do HP damage, it just kills you. Ffftp. Dead.

I agree that Extra Life just gives you one "take back" on death from an aging roll. Good luck with the next one.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, extra life, unkillable