Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2022, 07:47 AM   #34
pmpappas

Default Re: New List of Munchkin Bookmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloewe View Post
The very unofficial Munchkin Bookmark Bookmark of my Dragon Con Costume

2021 Dragon Con exclusive

Is this a real one?
Below is an excerpt from a message by the creator of the bookmark. Solely because I don't want to be the cause of that person being inundated with messages requesting bookmarks, which absolutely goes against the rules of the Swag-N-Seek group referenced below, I'm not going to list their contact info. For those of you who know or learn who the creator is, I respectfully request you do the same.

"The story behind the VERY Unofficial bookmark is fairly simple. A group of my friends who were all attending Dragon Con, and who enjoy playing Munchkin together decided to make Munchkin themed costumes. We knew that Steve Jackson was going to be a guest, so we were excited to meet him as well.

My costume was a mash-up of a few cards, Knight Sweats and Board of Education. Because I also like to participate in Dragon Con Swag-n-Seek, a Facebook group dedicated to acts of kindness through small gifts/swag, I wanted to make a swag item themed to my costume to hand out. Thus the idea was born.

While at the convention, we attended one of Mr Jackson's panels and he was as expected: awesome and funny. I gave him a bookmark and he kindly signed my comically large, horned helmet that was made from a paint bucket. He was a very good sport about my silly swag bookmark. He even signed one for my friend."

"Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater." - Andrew Hackard
pmpappas is offline   Reply With Quote