Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2021, 06:35 PM   #11
Polydamas

Default Re: Independent Income at later TL stages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
Independent Income has issue even there - it scales oddly with TL, and below TL5 you can't live off even 20 levels of II at the standard of living for the Status expected for your Wealth. At TL5+ you can, and it costs fewer points with each TL. Thus the value of the advantage goes up greatly with TL.
I don't have time for a deep dive into the rules, but I would be tempted to say that a perk [1] means you have to work significantly less (or more flexibly) than the default in your setting, and an advantage worth [5] means you only have to work a few hours a week writing letters to mommy dearest, standing in line to collect your pension, managing royalties with your agent, going drinking with the generous patron who gave you a sinecure, etc. GURPS Worminghall actually has something similar to Brett / Agemegos' preferred solution, Average wealth means a student is supported by their parents in term but has to work in the summer.

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature
Polydamas is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cyberpunk, independent income