Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-29-2023, 11:27 PM   #1
galata13

Default Pukachu’s Bad Stuff

Hello!

I’ve been playing Munchkin for a while now (even though I’m not an expert) and in my last games I’ve stumbled upon a kind of “glitch” and I wanted to know which is the solution or if I’m just understanding the rules wrong.

In the Pukachu’s Bad Stuff it says: Projectile vomiting attack! Discard your whole hand.
I find that this Bad Stuff is even worse than dying since you need to discard your whole hand and you can’t get new cards (which practically leaves you stranded). Even when you die, which should be the worst thing that happens, you get new ones after a turn.

This is also the case with King Tut which says: “Lose all your items and all the cards in your hand”. With the Platycore: “Either discard your whole hand or lose 2 levels” (at least that one gives you an option) and with the Lawyers where you give a card to every player and then “discard the rest”.

I understand not getting a new hand in situations where you lose all your cards because you used a lot of them (that’s your problem) or when you use the magician ability (that’s a choice) but in this case I don’t find it makes sense.
After 8 turns without cards I found myself wanting to die just to get new ones.

I know people have wondered about a similar problem with other cards such as “Insurance Salesman” but in that case it states that you “lose all you have”.
And from what I understand “all you have” are the items in play, not from your hand. But in those particular cards I mentioned before I don’t know the solution cause it clearly refers to cards “in your hand”.

Love this game and this is the only time I haven’t find an answer on this forum. Hope you can help me out!

Thanks a lot! :)

Ps: maybe I just need to add lose all your hand to the “worst things than dying in Munchkin” list alongside losing levels and the Wight Brothers…

Last edited by galata13; 03-29-2023 at 11:53 PM.
galata13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 12:33 PM   #2
Brf

Default Re: Pukachu’s Bad Stuff

You are only losing your hand, not any of your cards in play. You still keep your race/class and items you are carrying or have equipped.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote