Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-23-2021, 01:10 PM   #1
Alden Loveshade

Default GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves interview

I -- and one of my characters in the coming GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves -- have been interviewed! You can read the interview and comment at https://wyrmflight.wordpress.com/202...itanias-court/
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 02:43 PM   #2
Emerikol

Default Re: GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves interview

Glad to hear the book will cover a variety of tropes. Sounds like it's really expansive which it would have to be to fill an entire book.
Emerikol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 04:34 PM   #3
corwyn

Is this a one-off or a series? If the latter, what is the prognosis for frequency?

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 07:45 PM   #4
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Glad to hear the book will cover a variety of tropes. Sounds like it's really expansive which it would have to be to fill an entire book.
The book covers a number of types of GURPS-playable elves, and at least touches on various elf extremes. Of course no one book could cover everything elven! So a good portion of it is giving ideas and sources to create your own elves and elf-related campaigns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
Is this a one-off or a series? If the latter, what is the prognosis for frequency?
It is intended to be the first of the Fantasy Folk series, largely inspired by GURPS Fantasy Folk for Third Edition. I unfortunately don't know how frequently books will be released, but I can say there's a rumor that more are in the works!
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:46 PM   #5
corwyn

Cool, I can hardly wait for Bales and Exalted Horses.

Old 06-24-2021, 01:13 AM   #6
RyanW

This one goes up to elven.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:46 AM   #7
Emerikol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
The book covers a number of types of GURPS-playable elves, and at least touches on various elf extremes. Of course no one book could cover everything elven! So a good portion of it is giving ideas and sources to create your own elves and elf-related campaigns.
This is all I need as I am invariable going to tweak things for each campaign I create. World building is my hobby and I play some rpg campaigns on the side ;-). A sufficient number of variations though makes customization easier so glad to hear you will be providing a lot of different archetypes.
Emerikol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 12:58 PM   #8
corwyn

How much value will there be for those of us, like me, who have already converted FF to 4e?

Old 06-24-2021, 01:19 PM   #9
Tymathee

Location: I'd rather be alone than be with people who make me feel alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
How much value will there be for those of us, like me, who have already converted FF to 4e?
The benefits appear to include largely expanded fluff for elven races (I would hope so, being its a whole book dedicated to elves!), and it looks like there's going to be some guidelines for modifiying/creating new elven races with elven fantasy tropes in mind. This is just speculation going off of what I've read from the article and what Alden's already mentioned, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what's really in the book. :)
Tymathee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 01:59 AM   #10
Crystalline_Entity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
The book covers a number of types of GURPS-playable elves, and at least touches on various elf extremes. Of course no one book could cover everything elven! So a good portion of it is giving ideas and sources to create your own elves and elf-related campaigns
This is now on my "instant-buy" list. Am I right in interpreting this as saying the book is at least partly a design-an-Elf toolkit (for those who want mythological Elves, or Tolkienesque Elves, etc) as well as covering the varieties previously statted up in GURPS (e.g. those from DF3)?
Crystalline_Entity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
elf, elves, fantasy folk