Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-07-2021, 07:42 PM   #81
Nose66

Default Re: Playing GURPS with the help of FoundryVTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
Also, script macros won't run for players - only for GM (all permissions checked both settings and individual macros). Again, will test a bit more with the update and then GitHub bug if I can't resolve it.
Yeah, that is a weird one. In the issue, paste in your macros so I can try it out in my environment.
Nose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:06 PM   #82
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose66 View Post
Yeah, that is a weird one. In the issue, paste in your macros so I can try it out in my environment.
Posted as a bug. The character sheet issue is fixed with 0.11.9.

Happy to give you access to my environment on the Forge if it helps - PM me if you like.
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 04:27 PM   #83
mehrkat

Just need some suggestions. I have a PC that is a shapechanger. Is there a not crazy complicated way to change the actor over to a changed form with accurate stats.
The best I can come up with would be different actors and just switch them out with the different forms and I'm not sure that would work reasonably smoothly.
Even just a way to easy change way to plop out the different actors with the diff
Old 10-13-2021, 09:20 PM   #84
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrkat View Post
Just need some suggestions. I have a PC that is a shapechanger. Is there a not crazy complicated way to change the actor over to a changed form with accurate stats.
The best I can come up with would be different actors and just switch them out with the different forms and I'm not sure that would work reasonably smoothly.
Even just a way to easy change way to plop out the different actors with the diff
So you can have 2 actors and 2 tokens, both owned by the one player. Have one visible and one invisible. Swap when appropriate. The GM would need to do it (setting visibility, and also making sure the replacement token was in the right place). You can even have things like vision set differently for the different tokens if that's applicable, as well as visually different tokens, and the character sheets would be appropriate for whichever one was active.

You could also allow player import of character sheets so they could swap from one to the other, but that seems more effort and less elegant.
Old 10-14-2021, 09:22 PM   #85
Nose66

v0.11.10 has been released. It should fix the problem with non-English character sheets. The release has a few other things:
OtFs in the chat log from melee and ranged attacks will now contain the "Usage".
The "Usage" column is now clickable to roll the attack (even if it is blank).
It is now possible to replace an attack or skill name with an OtF of the same name (so the name itself will roll the attack/skill), for example, you can replace:
Code:
First Aid/TL3
With:
Code:
["First Aid/TL3"S:"First Aid/TL3"]
So it will be an OtF button (and easier to click on). Next release, I will add this as a system option to occur automatically during import.
Old 10-21-2021, 04:04 PM   #86
mehrkat

Thanks for being willing to answer my random questions.

I would swear I remember an update video where they mentioned we could upload equipment files and set the character sheets where equipment is not updated with the character so we can maintain equipment in Foundry.

The video explained how to make that work but I can't find the correct video and correct spot. Does anyone remember which video this was I think its one of the Videos done by Chris.
Old 10-21-2021, 08:20 PM   #87
Farmer

Quote:

I would swear I remember an update video where they mentioned we could upload equipment files and set the character sheets where equipment is not updated with the character so we can maintain equipment in Foundry.

The video explained how to make that work but I can't find the correct video and correct spot. Does anyone remember which video this was I think its one of the Videos done by Chris.
Maybe this will help - the Guide under Importing into Foundry:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.u97t4dvkn9jo

In the configuration settings for the System Settings, you then have a number of items that relate like "Import: Autosave Foundry Qty/Count", encumbrance and weight and so on.

Hope that helps, but if you find there is a video with more details, I'd be keen to know!

Chris' YouTube channel has many:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-...K2sfwINnqZNVog
Old 10-22-2021, 10:08 AM   #88
Nose66

Quote:
Of course... that is why we are here. ;-)

Equipment has always been a bit of an issue with our Game Aid. Mainly because, "interesting" pieces of equipment usually do other things (like provide attacks), and to correctly calculate the values, we need the character creation tools (CGA/GCS) because we don't want to re-implement that logic in our code.

You have two options... if all you want to do is keep track of the quantity of an item, then as Farmer pointed out, we have the system setting "Import: Autosave Foundry Qty/Count". If this is turned on, the quantity of an item will NOT be reset during imports. This is extremely useful for things like healing potions, or rounds of ammo, etc.

However, if you need equipment that can be transferred between characters, then you need to create a Foundry Item. I created a video about that: https://youtu.be/cOU78-RvXdc

After that video was made, one of our users developed code to import the GCS equipment files into a compendium. If you open the Compendium tab (at the top right of Foundry), and then look all the way at the bottom of the tab, you will see the button "Import Equipment Library". This will read GCS's .eqp files and create Foundry Items for them. Then you can import those items into your game and drag them between characters. etc.
Old 10-22-2021, 10:36 AM   #89
mehrkat

Thats that random memory :)

Thanks I just have to think about whether I would do just as well to just have the items number updatable or crate a new list.

I'll think about which I think is better.

By the way I also found the game aid v0.9.5 that had all the equipment stuff. This and the video referenced explains how to fiddle with items. https://youtu.be/20t6FM41BpQ

Last edited by mehrkat; 10-22-2021 at 03:55 PM.
mehrkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 03:28 PM   #90
mehrkat

Been going through the feature updates currently listening to GURPS Game Aid V0 9 0.

Has enhanced move been added to the flight move? If so is there a way to add it?