Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 04-07-2007, 07:54 PM   #31
DSumner

Default Re: Stuff I felt should exist....

Exothermic Foam: Burn modifier 2, burn duration 2. CPS 3 x normal. WPS normal. ExoFoam looks and acts just like regular Sticky Foam and can be loaded into any standard Sticky Foam Sprayer or Discharger. Any vehicle coming into contact with the counter will have its tires coated with a chemical gel that causes its tires to heat up, and spontaneously combust. Each full turn a vehicle spends in contact with a Exothermic Foam counter, or each additional counter of Exothermic Foam crossed, adds an additional burn modifier of 1 to the vehicle’s tires. The chemical's effects begin to dissipate after 10 seconds, with the gel’s burn modifier dropping by 1 for every 5 seconds of time elapsed, after the initial 10 second "burn", until it becomes inert. Pedestrians coming into contact with the foam suffer 1 hit every turn they are in contact with a counter.

Last edited by DSumner; 02-25-2013 at 08:38 PM.
DSumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:35 PM   #32
Parody

ExoFm: What's the Duration of the Burn Modifier once it's on a vehicle? If it's supposed to work on a vehicle like it does on the ground (BM 3 Dur 60, then BM 2 Dur 60, then BM 1 Dur 60), then it's probably way too powerful. (Compare to High-Temp Flaming Oil.)

Also, it should probably be considered a volatile ammunition.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:05 PM   #33
DSumner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody
ExoFm: What's the Duration of the Burn Modifier once it's on a vehicle? If it's supposed to work on a vehicle like it does on the ground (BM 3 Dur 60, then BM 2 Dur 60, then BM 1 Dur 60), then it's probably way too powerful. (Compare to High-Temp Flaming Oil.)
I'll play around with it a bit more, and post any mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody
Also, it should probably be considered a volatile ammunition.
It's stored as a binary agent, so it won't explode.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:20 AM   #34
kjamma4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner
It's stored as a binary agent, so it won't explode.
Don't have my books handy, but is Stickyfoam also a binary agent? If not, I would question the use in a regular Stickyfoam sprayer.
kjamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:46 PM   #35
Parody

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjamma4
Don't have my books handy, but is Stickyfoam also a binary agent? If not, I would question the use in a regular Stickyfoam sprayer.
Yeah it does, actually. I forgot that's how they described it.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:59 AM   #36
Racer

Racing Power Plant : $10,000 , 1,250lbs , 7 Spaces , 14 DP , 4,000 Power Factors .

Last edited by Racer; 11-08-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:45 PM   #37
ehos

I love the Smart Mines idea.

Any anti-ramplate ideas?
ehos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:19 PM   #38
DSumner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehos
I love the Smart Mines idea.

Any anti-ramplate ideas?
Thanks, but no ram plate ideas. I revised the descriptions of how some of the stuff I originally posted works, and If I get around to it, I'll post them here.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:37 PM   #39
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner

Thunderkit Power Plant: $4,000, Weight 275lbs, 3 Spaces, 7 DP, 1,500 Power Factors.
I feel that should be another Cycle/Trike powerplant between this and the Super trike PP . Also if were a fair bit heavier and more powerful , it would be more in keeping with the 'Thunder Cat' type PP .

How about :
Heavy Duty ( or Sports ) Trike Power Plant: $4,000 (see below) , Weight 300lbs, 3 Spaces , 7 DP , 1,400(?) Power Factors .
And :
Thunderkit Power Plant: $7,000(+) , Weight 500lbs(?) , 4 Spaces , 9 DP, 2,400(?) Power Factors .

The HD/Sports Trike PP will be able to power a X-hvy Trike w/X-hvy Chassis upto it's max load : All other land vehicles have a Electric PP that can do that job , but when Trikes got chassis mods even a Super trike PP w/SCs & PCs wasn't up to it on a 4,200lb X-hvy Trike !!! It was also ridiculously expensive !
I would also like to see the Super Trike PP come down to $2,500 , to bring it into line with other bike PPs - it's been on the 'market' for 20+ years , so would be a bit cheaper by now , I'd think . In this case the HD/Sports Trike PP could come down to $3,500 .

Needs tweaking , but what do you lot think ?

Last edited by Racer; 11-11-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:22 AM   #40
DSumner

I'm deployed to the "sand box" right now, so I don't have any CW material, other than what's on my lap top. So I really can't compare them to other cycle/trike engines. But, if anyone else wants to take a crack at tweaking my stuff, feel free. One of the reasons I posted all this stuff was to see if it could be fined tuned and work within established game mechanics. Anyone want to take a crack at playtesting these engines and posting a little feed back?