Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 08-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #11
Racer

Default Re: Stuff I felt should exist....

[QUOTE=DSumner]Okay, here's a couple of my home brew goodies. I'll add more later.

Caseless Ammo – 2x cost, ½ weight of normal ammo. Available for MG, VMG, and AC.

[QUOTE]
According to one of the State-of-the-Art articles in ADQ 7/2 (?) most MG , VMG etc ammo is already caseless . The only exception being ammo for older HVMGs in Military use , but this would have little effect on game dynamics . If Tech level 8 is equipment is available in a campaign , MG etc ammo can be reduced in weight by 25% - so I would stick with this limit if you do want use your rules , 50% is too much .

Last edited by Racer; 11-07-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:53 AM   #12
Jeffr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner
Which one of the 5e books are they listed in? All I have is Division 5, Set 3. and the Div. 5 Vehicle Guide. I may pick up the Arena book, and the Div. 15 set 2 sometime in the near future.
The Surge Rocket is in the Arena Book. Basically, if you get hit you are in deep doo doo: for one full second your power plant shuts off, you have a penalty to all maneuvers, and a penalty to all to-hit rolls.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:21 PM   #13
DSumner

Here's few items for use by pedestrians.

GRENADES

Flame Cloud Grenade - $120. Creates a standard Flame Cloud counter.

Fragmentation Grenade - $35. Does 1d+3 damage to all pedestrians and exposed cyclists in a 2” burst radius. No damage to vehicles.

Mini-Grenades: $20, ½ grenade equivalent, 2 hits damage, ¼ blast radius. No damage to vehicles.

Sleep Gas Grenade - $150, Creates a colorless, odorless 1/2" X 1” cloud that lasts for 10 seconds. Unprotected pedestrians, and cyclists, must roll once per turn, every turn they are in the cloud. Multiple rolls don’t produce cumulative results – Just apply the worst results rolled so far.

1-2 Character is unconscious for 10 minutes.
3-5 Character is unconscious for 5 minutes, and can do nothing for the next 3 minutes.
6 Character is -6 to hit with any weapon and can only crawl 3 spaces per turn.

PERSONAL WEAPONS

Pepper Spray - $35, 1/2 Grenade Equivalent, 5 to hit, $35, shots 5. Pepper Spray is only usable at point blank range. Point black bonuses do not apply.

1-3 Character is -2 to hit with any weapon for 1 minute.
4-5 Character is -6 to hit with any weapon and can make no HTH attacks for 1 minute.
6 Character -6 to hit with any weapon and can only crawl 3 spaces per turn for 30 seconds.

Auto Shotgun - 2 Grenade Equivalent, 3 hits damage, 6 to hit, $175, shots 10, CPS 5, Loaded Cost $225.

Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW) - 4 GE (15 lbs.), 1d3 damage, 7 to hit, $500, shots 25, CPS 10, Loaded Cost $750. Extra magazines are 2 GE (3 lbs.) each. Full damage to vehicles.

MINES

Bounding Anti-Personnel Mines: $60. 1D6+3 to all pedestrians and exposed cyclists in a 2” burst radius. No damage to vehicles. 1 grenade equivalent. When triggered, Bounding AP Mines fire a small canister of steel ball-bearings into the air. The canister detonates spraying the surrounding area with its contents.

“Toe Popper” Anti-Personnel Mines: $20. 2 hits damage to pedestrians. 1/4" blast radius. ½ grenade equivalent. “Toe Popper” AP mines are small explosive charges designed to wound or maim their targets.

ACCESSORIES

Weapon Light: $50. Adds one grenade equivalent to any weapon it's attached to. Weapons Lights may be used at night, or in any unlit area, to illuminate targets up to 4” away. When used, they eliminate all nighttime targeting modifiers. Weapon Lights may also be used to blind a target, following the same guidelines as vehicle searchlights. Weapon Lights may be attached to any pistol, rifle, shotgun, sub-machinegun, gyroslugger, or SAW.

Last edited by DSumner; 03-15-2010 at 02:47 AM.
DSumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:18 PM   #14
josephrey

Location: on the road!! check out www.chingchingwong.com to see where we currently are. :)

Quote:
Caseless ammo is still packed in a magazine. It's a litte complicated to explain. Caseless ammo replaces the metal shell casing with a solid propellant that burns up when the round is fired. The metal casing is a large chunk of the round's actual weight. I hope that helps.
aaaaahh, ok. i was picturing 'magazines' when you said 'case.' got it.

thanks.

:)

i can shoot you a PM, or you could ask the questions here. those weapons are planned for a PBEM, so any open crits on how they might work, price, etc., would be great to get from everyone/anyone before the game starts.

if you'd rather not, i'll PM you.

j
josephrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:20 PM   #15
josephrey

Location: on the road!! check out www.chingchingwong.com to see where we currently are. :)

oh, and there's no mention about what happens once the ammo is ejected. i doubt it creates a hazard. it's probably similar to driving over a Sponge Bob lunch box or something.

and i suppose that if someone where to pick it up, it'd be re-usable.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #16
josephrey

just got back from a little trip, and sent you a PM.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:02 AM   #17
DSumner

And a few more items to play with.

MUNITIONS

Micro Rockets: To hit 9, ¼ space, 2 hits damage, CPS 35, WPS 10.

High Velocity Grenade Launcher Ammo: 1d+2 damage, CPS 35, WPS 5, 1" Burst Radius. Available for GL and AGL.

Mag Shot Hi-Density Gauss Ammo: CPS 2x normal, WPS1.5 x normal, +1 point per die damage.

DROPPED SOLIDS

Acid Mines (AM): CPS 75, WPS 5. Any vehicle detonating an Acid Mine will have its tires and underbody coated with a caustic brew of highly corrosive chemicals, which inflicts 2 hits damage to both the tires and under body for 1d6 turns.

DROPPED GASES

Acid Cloud Ejector (ACE): 1 hit damage, $2,000, 100 lbs., 1 DP, 2 spaces, 10 Shots, CPS 50, WPS 5, Loaded Cost $2,500 weight 150 lbs. Loaded magazine costs $550, weighs 65 lbs. When fired an Acid Cloud Ejector creates what appears to be a normal ½" x 1" cloud of mist (smoke), that lasts for 3 turns. Any vehicle, or pedestrian, passing through the cloud is coated with a highly corrosive solvent, that will inflict 1 hit to the pedestrian, and/or every exposed vehicle component, and armor location, every turn they're in the cloud, and then for an additional 1d6 turns after passing through the cloud.

Note: Special thanks to kjamma4, for suggesting the name ACE.

DROPPED LIQUIDS

Corrosive Solvent: Corrosive Solvent, or Acid Spray, CPS 5x normal, WPS normal. Any standard Oil Jet, Fluid Gun, or Oil Discharger can use Corrosive Solvent. Corrosive Solvent can not be mixed with other oil ammunition in the same magazine. A loaded magazine costs $675, weighs 65lbs. Creates what appears to be a standard ½”x1” oil counter. Any vehicle tire coming in contact with any part of the counter suffers 1d-1 tire damage each turn it’s in contact with the counter.

DEFENSIVE

Laser Inhibiting Aerosol: CPS 2.5x normal, WPS 2x normal weight. Looks and works like a normal smoke screen, but completely blocks all laser fire. Available for SS, HDSS, and GS.

Laser Safe Windshield: $250. Protects the vehicle's occupants from the effects of Blinding Lasers.

Misc...

Thunderkit Power Plant: $4,000, Weight 275lbs, 3 Spaces, 7 DP, 1,500 Power Factors.

Last edited by DSumner; 07-03-2022 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Editing the cost of the ACE
Old 09-05-2006, 06:58 AM   #18
TechOgre
MIB

We've seen a lot of modifications on what the armour could do (e.g. fireproof, laser reflective, etc.) but I don't recall any changes to the efective weight of armour. So, here they are, fresh from the labs:

Foamed Aluminium Armour (FA Armor) - Base Metal Armour Cost X 2, Base Metal Armour Weight X 0.5. FA Armour is treated as as metal armour with one exception, non-explosive weapon hits remove a point of FA Armour on a 5 or 6. Explosive weapon hits remove a point of FA Armour on a 4 or 6.

High Density Plastic Armour (HD Plastic Armour) - Base Plastic Armour Cost X 1.5, Base Plastic Armour Weight X 0.8. Treated like normal plastic armour, only each damage roll of 1 leaves a point of armour. It acts like metal armour that loses a point of armour on a roll of 2 to 6. Explosive weapons always remove amour.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:25 AM   #19
kjamma4

Quote:
Acid Spray Mister
I had thought of something like this in the past that I thought should be called Acid Cloud Ejector (ACE). I thought this would be good for an Uncle Albert's - When you're in trouble, this is your ACE in the hole!
kjamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:02 PM   #20
DSumner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjamma4
I had thought of something like this in the past that I thought should be called Acid Cloud Ejector (ACE). I thought this would be good for an Uncle Albert's - When you're in trouble, this is your ACE in the hole!
Did you ever bother to work out stats for the ACE? If so, I'd like to take a look for them, and see how they compair to he ones I came up with for the Acid Spray Mister. Any of you guys tried using any of this stuff? Also, any of you guys interested in seeing some vehicle desingns using some of these?