Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2021, 09:09 PM   #731
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Gathika casts essential food and rests (14) 11.
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:14 PM   #732
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

She also casts watchdog (14) 7, and continues to rest (she also eats).
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:56 PM   #733
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Bain takes his meal of the day.

Then he sets up a few traps to prevent the enemies, and covers them with camouflage:

Traps (12) 10… success.
Hide: 3D6 → 10(1 +5 +4)
Camouflage (12) 7… success.
Hide: 3D6 → 7(3 +1 +3)

He rolls observation and makes watch from a vantage point (6 yards of height, 4 yards of distance), camouflaged and ready.

Observation (12) 5… success.
Hide: 3D6 → 5(2 +1 +2)
Camouflage (17) 7… success.
Hide: 3D6 → 7(1 +3 +3)

Bain also estimates the trip's lenght (destination: town)
Navigation (14+2) 16… success.
Hide: 3D6 → 16(6 +5 +5)

Finally, the soldier roll to boost Vic's carousing/request aid:
Soldier (12) 10… success.
Hide: 3D6 → 10(2 +3 +5)
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 10:04 PM   #734
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Rolled 12 on carousing (sl 11 with Bain’s help) Hopefully the good mood improves the peoples perception.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 07:26 AM   #735
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Finally, the soldier roll to boost Vic's carousing/request aid:
Soldier (12) 10… success.
Hide: 3D6 → 10(2 +3 +5)
Please, in the future, make sure your Soldier is actually relevant before you roll it. I suggest you re-read the skill's entry in the book and memorise what it actually applies to.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 12:41 PM   #736
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
Please, in the future, make sure your Soldier is actually relevant before you roll it. I suggest you re-read the skill's entry in the book and memorise what it actually applies to.
Relax my friend, I understand the skill.

Perhaps I have to explain myself better:

Parting from the IC, Bain is taking the soldier roll to provide the villagers with details about the party's previous encounters; he is sharing his experience so they can make a more educated choice. He wants to stress the fact it is dangerous to behave like sheep.

In other words, Bain is just reporting the highlights of his "patrols"; reporting is quite a standard thing for a soldier, and the roll is there for such purpose.

On the other hand, whether doing this grants Vic a bonus to carousing (who is working along Bain's lines to request the villagers to take arms) is something else, you have final say on that, and I respect it.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:33 AM   #737
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Alright, but the former captives probably won't be persuaded to fight.

Now, are you going to stay at the Caves or start heading back to the Keep tomorrow?

BTW, random encounter.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:54 AM   #738
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Gathika did Watchdog
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 09:28 AM   #739
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Have we actually asked them to pick up weapons and follow us around with them without fighting? Like say, the horse (mule?) and cart? Or have we only tried to get them on the front lines?

Telrith will try to fast talk them into following the party around and "Guarding" the wagon.

"You don't actually have to guard the wagon, you just have to stand around it with weapons and armor. They won't actually trust you to be effective at guarding the wagon, so they'll protect the wagon, and thus, protect you. They should head back to town in a few days, and we'll probably find food for the journey in the meantime. You'll be safer behind us than you will on the road home: we've never made a trip without being attacked."

I rolled an 8! that's a success by 4.


Where does the attack take place, what time is it, and what was the party doing?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:43 AM   #740
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

@Ericthered

I read the conflict is that the peasants don’t want to pick the swords and follow us. I understand they do not have to fight, only for self-defense.

I am pretty sure we can hold the line.

I also agree with the party in that one of them has to join us in the front-line, I do not trust these people, so for me it is a deal-breaker. If the peasants agree to follow us and “send” one of them to the front-line, then your fast-talk roll is worth a shot.

Right now, we are in the middle of the night.

----------------------------------------------------------

Gathika casts sunlight 14/13. She warns her friends first, then she casts it. It is successful.
Now the monsters that are in the darkness will be dazzled (they have to roll HT AFAIK).
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, fantasy, magic, martial arts

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.