Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-27-2021, 04:38 AM   #1
scc

Default Bunch Of Fungeon Fantasey Stuff

OK, first up are three new Talents, the first two, along with Pickaxe Perchant, get added to the Knight template. The third goes on the Scout template in place of Outdoorsman. Swordborn could on go the Swashbuckler template, but I've never really gotten how their different then Knights (so the stuff I'm putting this together for isn't going to use them) plus their the perfect fit for someone who knows how to use every weapon, yet they can't.

Spear-Carrier 5 points/level
Polearm, Spear, Spear-Thrower, Staff, and Thrown Weapon (Spear).
Reaction Bonus: Low ranking members of any organization.

Swordborn 5 points/level
Broadsword, Main-Gauche, Shield, Shortsword, and Two-Handed Sword.
Reaction Bonus: Anyone who likes swords.

Woodsman 10 points/level
Bow, Camouflage, Hiking, Naturalist, Navigation, Survival, Stealth, Tracking, and Traps.
Reaction Bonus: Anyone who lives or works in the wildness.

Next up a new Advantage that I'm building a class around:

Living Magical Battery 5 points
You are a living, this has several upsides and a downside. When you support Wizardly Ceremonial magic you always count as if you have the Knows The Words perk, allowing you to contribute 2 energy points. You can cast the spell Lend Energy at IQ on Wizards to restore energy lost to spell casting or other magical activities, you also know Restore Energy at IQ. You can chose to sustain any spell cast on you or your equipment yourself, removing it from the Wizard you cast it's list of spells on. And finally you may purchase Energy Reserve (Magical) to supply all of this. The downside is that there is on (known) mortal method by which you can obtain Magery or any other spellcasting Talent.

Yeah, it's a mainly NPC Advantage for spell casting assistants, variants exist for (Evil) Cleric, Demonologist, Necromancer, and Shaman. Core feature of what amounts to a first level prestige class for (Un)Holey Warriors, Knights, Scouts, and Thieves. Has access to a unique, body guard form of Higher Purpose.

Last, but not least, is a 50 point Adventuring Academy Graduate template.

By the end of character creation each character must have at least 1 point in each of these skills as they are critical to your surrival.
Stealth
Climbing
Hiking
Riding
Gesture
Knife or Staff
Throwing
Holdout
Observation, Scrounging, or Search†
Acting, Administration, Carousing, Diplomacy, Disguise, Fast-Talk, Intelligence Analysis, Interrogation, Intimidation, Merchant, Propaganda, Research, Savoir-Faire, Sex Appeal, or Streetwise†
†All Skills on these lists should also be considered to be under the At Least One Per Team group

These next groups also include skills that are critical to survival, but only when applied to the whole team and the group indicates how many people should them, talk with your teammates over who take what:

At Least Two Per Team:
First Aid
Traps
Detect Lies
Survival

At Least One Per Team:
Forced Entry
Architecture
Masonry
Current Affairs
Lockpicking
Naturalist
Navigation
Fishing
Occultism

You may chose to spend a single point on any of these skills:
Acrobatics
Alchemy
Animal Handling
Brawling or Boxing
Camouflage
Carpentry
Crossbow or Sling
Diagnosis
Escape
Fast-Draw*
Forgery
Hazardous Materials (Magical)
Heraldry
Hidden Lore*
Jeweler
Knot-Tying
Leadership
Lifting
Lip Reading
Packing
Pharmacy
Poisons
Prospecting
Running
Shadowing
Skiing
Strategy*
Swimming
Tactics
Teamster*
Thaumatology
Tracking
Urban Survival
Weather Sense
Writing

You may take five of these perks:
Equipment Bond
Exotic Equipment Training
Weapon Bond
Deep Sleeper
Clothing Shticks (Cloaked, High-Heeled Heroine, Sartorial Integrity)
Influence Shticks, all
Standard Operating Procedure
Cutting-Edge Training
Dabbler
Off-Hand Training
Extra Option
Rules Exemption
Secret Knowledge
Special Exercises
Unusual Training
scc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 11:07 AM   #2
Tymathee

Location: I'd rather be alone than be with people who make me feel alone.
Default Re: Bunch Of Fungeon Fantasey Stuff

Architecture is a great skill for DF, especially on Wizards who can just drop a point or two to have a good skill level with it right away. It's also essential to have if they know the Shape Earth spell.

Swashbucklers are the definitive high-skill Sword Guy, and are especially good at dungeon parkour and other cinematic stunts. By combining that high skill with incredible mobility and speed, they're the true combat monster above and beyond what all the other professional templates bring to the table. Knights, who'd naturally complain about being forever outshined by the Swashbuckler in combat, will want to capitalize upon their more commandeering aspects (Leadership/Strategy/Tactics). Yes, besides combat their best niche is hireling management in combat.

Honestly I'd prefer to strip the Knight of their commandeering skills and slap them on the Wizard. They'd make better use of them with that big brain power IQ. Especially appropriate if they're a Lich PC (which reminds me, that might be another character I've made that I could showcase on the forums...)!
Tymathee is offline   Reply With Quote