Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-23-2020, 09:21 AM   #11
Tom Mazanec

Default Re: Furry Worlds

May need some standard technique if there are no popular culture forms of the animal. Pangolins might be "Manis" and platypuses could be "Ornithorhynchus", after the genus name?
Tom Mazanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 09:26 AM   #12
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
Bucky - Furries innnnnnnn spaaaaaaace!
Alternatively, McCloud, although the pronunciation risks confusion with timelines featuring immortals decapitating each other.

EDIT: Related, an all-fox timeline might be named Inari.

Last edited by Varyon; 12-23-2020 at 09:36 AM.
Varyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 09:33 AM   #13
Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
Bucky - Furries innnnnnnn spaaaaaaace!
PIGS... IN... SPACE!!!
Old 12-26-2020, 09:23 AM   #14
Tom Mazanec

Aesop-6
Roger Bacon starts Scientific Revolution, followed in a couple centuries by an Industrial Revolution, then a Biological Revolution a couple more centuries later.
By the 20th Century Uplifts and bioroids have erased the line between human and animal.
This would have to be approached almost as carefully as Caliph. Physical tech not as advanced as Caliph (TL 10) but biological tech is TL 11 edging into TL 12.
Old 12-29-2020, 01:53 PM   #15
Tom Mazanec

Zoboomafoo - Lemurs
Clothahump - Turtles
Mudge - Otters
Old 07-14-2021, 08:02 AM   #16
Tom Mazanec

Aesop-7
This would be a good one for a campaign where you suspect the TL is Furry, say where the Aesop worlds have a certain location in one of those other dimensions. It would superficially look normal, and the world at large is just starting to realize what is happening.
Apologies I am doing this on my iPhone and can’t link, but it is the webcomic UTC: Urgent Transformation Crisis. In a world like ours there is an Academy for scientific prodigies. And their science fair/ senior thesis projects in genetics go rather wrong… they are in the process of being changed into animals.
Problem might be how a TL8-TL9 world has adolescents who come up with TL12 biotech, but that should be par for the course for Infinite Worlds.
Old 07-15-2021, 08:00 PM   #17
Tom Mazanec

OK I got a new desktop, so
here is the link:

https://www.catomix.com/utc/
Old 11-23-2022, 08:56 AM   #18
Tom Mazanec

Couple more good Furry Parallels in Webcomics.

https://www.twindragonscomic.com/archive/
c1999 one out of a thousand babies start being born with anthropomorphic elements. There is a range of degree...a snake hybrid (as they are called) might just have scaley cheeks, a kangaroo hybrid might look 'feral' and just be able to talk.

https://antibunny.net/archive/
An incident turns rabbits intelligent. They are still small but can walk upright and talk (and manipulate). UPDATE: Incident seems to involve escape of genetically engineered pair.

Correction: Based on cast picture. The snake hybrid has other scales and a lower half serpentine like a lamia or naga, but with legs. But I think the point still stands for others.

Last edited by Tom Mazanec; 11-24-2022 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Learned additional information for correction
Old 11-23-2022, 09:28 AM   #19
Varyon

Unfortunately, I cannot recall the name of it, but there at least used to be a webcomic in a setting where human children get a pet to bond with when they're very young, and when they come of age they are magically combined with it; I think only such bonded people are generally capable of magic (but as I don't think there were any still-human adult characters in the comic, this was largely a moot point), in addition to gaining attributes associated with the animal (and of course their appearance basically being a humanoid version of the animal).
Old 11-06-2023, 03:48 AM   #20
Tom Mazanec

The webcomic Twin Dragons makes a good furry world, able to get a Aesop number. Around Y2K one out of a thousand babies were born as hybrids…anthropomorphic animals. About one out of a thousands of these are mythical… the protagonists are boy girl twins who are about 14 years old and look like lizard men. But can breathe fire.
Hybrid City is a sanctuary city for hybrids and is the main setting, located in the NYC area.
Sorry I can’t link…doing this on an iPhone in rehab from being hit by an SUV as I was crossing the street.