Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2021, 05:43 PM   #1
corwyn
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Default Zombies

I'm starting a zombie game soon and looking for content I can add.

I have:
Horror
Zombies
Zombies day one
War of the Dead(a Savage Worlds setting/campaign which will be the core campaign

Anything else significant? Were there any dedicated zombie pyramids? There were some horror ones, I think.
__________________
MiB 7704

Running: DF RPG/Steampunk
Playing: DF RPG Wytchworld (homebrew fighting the armies of the Ice Queen)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:15 AM   #2
Juan
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Default Re: Zombies

Pyramid issue:

http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...ash-92-zombies

The Dead reign series by Palladium has good ideas too.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:48 AM   #3
corwyn
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Default Re: Zombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
Pyramid issue:

http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...ash-92-zombies

The Dead reign series by Palladium has good ideas too.
Looks cool. Not for this game but I have some new ideas when I get back to Nordlund.

Palladium, though. Haven't been a fan of anything they have done since TMNT. Is it any good?
__________________
MiB 7704

Running: DF RPG/Steampunk
Playing: DF RPG Wytchworld (homebrew fighting the armies of the Ice Queen)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:24 AM   #4
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2
 
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The deep dark haunted woods
Default Re: Zombies

I would also recommend any of the books of the All Flesh Must Be Eaten RPG by Eden Studios. It covers all possible genres of the Zombie RPG phenomenon, some of which I honestly had never heard of before. It's quite impressive how versatile the genre can be.
__________________
"When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power."
- Sam Starfall from the webcomic Freefall
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:30 AM   #5
Juan
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Default Re: Zombies

Palladium, though. Haven't been a fan of anything they have done since TMNT. Is it any good?[/QUOTE]

Well, the system is the one you already know (with clases and levels and so) and the book organization is not the best.

That said there are very good ideas and specially book Seven: In the face of death and books 2, 3 and 6 un the series are good reads with lots of content you could use. PDF are on sale on drivethrurpg.com now and then.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:15 AM   #6
Polydamas
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central Europe
Default Re: Zombies

Possibly GURPS After the End or GURPS 3e Undead? Or GURPS 3e Voodoo? There is the necromancy-focused setting for Yrth.
__________________
"It is easier to banish a habit of thought than a piece of knowledge." H. Beam Piper
Polydamas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:12 PM   #7
J. Edward Tremlett
 
J. Edward Tremlett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Lansing, MI
Default Re: Zombies

I'll second All Flesh Must be Eaten.
__________________
It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the Living God (Heb. 10:31)

"Or the light that never, never warms" (Boc. 6:55)

Read SPYGOD

Buy my stuff.
J. Edward Tremlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:40 PM   #8
Plane
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Default Re: Zombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
I'm starting a zombie game soon and looking for content I can add.

I have:
Horror
Zombies
Zombies day one
War of the Dead(a Savage Worlds setting/campaign which will be the core campaign

Anything else significant? Were there any dedicated zombie pyramids? There were some horror ones, I think.
GURPS Magic does have a Zombie spell amongst the expanded Necromancy college.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 05:30 PM   #9
corwyn
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Default Re: Zombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydamas View Post
Possibly GURPS After the End or GURPS 3e Undead? Or GURPS 3e Voodoo? There is the necromancy-focused setting for Yrth.
ATE, definitely; forgot to mention that one. I got most of my templates from there, cut down to 100 pts. plus Clergy and a journalist. I want it to be relatively realistic, walking dead level. It will start pre-plague.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
GURPS Magic does have a Zombie spell amongst the expanded Necromancy college.
Not planning any magic at all; if I do it will be subtle. Secret Magic, possibly subtle divine stuff if someone plays a priest.
__________________
MiB 7704

Running: DF RPG/Steampunk
Playing: DF RPG Wytchworld (homebrew fighting the armies of the Ice Queen)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 05:36 PM   #10
corwyn
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Default Re: Zombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 View Post
I would also recommend any of the books of the All Flesh Must Be Eaten RPG by Eden Studios. It covers all possible genres of the Zombie RPG phenomenon, some of which I honestly had never heard of before. It's quite impressive how versatile the genre can be.
No adventures, right?

How much content is there for a modern non-supernatural game that isn't in GURPS Zombies and ATE?
__________________
MiB 7704

Running: DF RPG/Steampunk
Playing: DF RPG Wytchworld (homebrew fighting the armies of the Ice Queen)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.