Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-31-2021, 12:18 PM   #581
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

"Lets get these folks home. And this load of armor. This trip won't be as profitable in cash, but we have a lot more information, and a life is surely worth at least as much as a few swords."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 12:38 PM   #582
vicious Violence

Telrith how are we going to feed these “people”? They were given the choice fight. IF THEY DON’T FACE THE DREAD, THERE IS NO BREAD!
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 12:40 PM   #583
vicious Violence

Onward team, to the CAVES!
Old 07-31-2021, 12:42 PM   #584
PumpkinLorica

TO THE CAAAAAVES! I won’t do their bidding uwu

Gathika points towards the caves.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:07 PM   #585
Hide

Bain steps in between the two groups and tells them to calm down. He tries to reason with everybody.

Hey, take it easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
(...) GATHIKA GIVES THEM ONE LAST CHANCE(...)
Gathika, I guess these guys understand they are on their own since they "denied us".
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Lets get these folks home (...)
Telrith, I am not against what you said, but it is not the time. We already decided to leave, but we are headed to the Lizardmen’s den; then we go to the town.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
(...)IF THEY DON’T FACE THE DREAD, THERE IS NO BREAD!
It is as Vic says, you have to work to earn your share of food and protection, and all you have to do is avoid camping when we are not camping, you just got to follow us as you are doing right now (whatever the place). You may try finding some food by yourself, but then who knows if you will survive. You are thinking about the future and running away from the past; but you are neglecting your present. On top of it, you know nothing about the monsters in the caves, you know nothing about the lizardmen and the cultists.

You will have to cross the bridge if you want to go to the other side.
Want revenge against Mendel? Take it on the other side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
(...)The former captives follow the party out of the cave. They start getting ready to journey back to the Keep(...)
As I said, our paths may look the same but our destinations are different. Folks, I know you are shocked by the things you lived. But I already told you this (your evacuation) can’t be achieved without you. We cannot have you sit and wait because you will be killed in a flash by things that span out of thin air (figuratively speaking); there is no safe place at Hell’s Throat.

In other words, we can’t help you if you are not around and can't help you if you deny us.

Want to sit and wait? Give it a try, let's spend a night at Hell's Throat. We all need some rest after all, and you also need time to think things over.

Mark this words, you will count on us ONLY if you call for our help, and if you do give your word to collaborate.

Bain speaks privately to his party and tells them to set the camp up.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:25 PM   #586
vicious Violence

Survival (for setting up camp in a good/safe spot) rolled 8 (success, 15 skill level) Vic will sit with his weapon at hand.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:26 PM   #587
PumpkinLorica

Gathika checks the ex-prisoners to find TRACES of magic HINTING potential monsters in disguise, detect magic (14) 9. Sword in hand. Her stare is STRONG.

/ᐠ≗ᆽ≗ᐟ \
Old 07-31-2021, 09:49 PM   #588
Hide

As Vic gets the camp ready and Gathika & Telrith do “their (respective) thing”, Bain takes his time to determine with Navigation, to estimate the length of their trip to town considering the party and the group of people that “joined”.

With the camp set up (natural fire), and if they decide to stay with the party, Bain invites the villagers to sit at the campfire. Bain (who has +5 to reaction, will combine this with) sharing some food and good tales, has the intention of reaching an understanding between the two groups. Relying on his soldier skill, he tells (makes a brief report) of the things the party has seen since and been through since their arrival to Starhold Keep. He is making a point about the importance of having the villagers stick to the party, combining it with Vic’s carousing.

Tonight, we dine in Hell’s Throat. Here's to all of us now, and to the future!

You know, we have been trough a lot of things since we came here; sometimes I find myself thinking it is hard to believe it’s been a couple of weeks, right Vic?

Then he tells the people he has to go for a moment, leaving them with Vic. In fact, Bain goes to make watch, as he often does.
Old 08-01-2021, 01:37 AM   #589
ajardoor

The trip back to the Keep would still take 2 days.

The former captives and the party make camp just outside the canyon, away from any direct lines of sight, probably safely away from any occupants of the Caves and from wild beasts...hopefully.

As the various peoples settle down, the former captives relax a little. They offer the party some reward if they take them safely back to the Keep, rather than have them fight monsters.

(OC: players, mark off the 3 meals you eat today.)
Old 08-01-2021, 02:17 PM   #590
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
Telrith how are we going to feed these “people”? They were given the choice fight. IF THEY DON’T FACE THE DREAD, THERE IS NO BREAD!
We can go hungry a few days and make it. Besides, they are witnesses of the slaver. And there is no way they can make it back home. We walk away now, and we've as good as killed half of them.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic