Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-01-2017, 06:26 AM   #1
Anders

Default Cyberworld + Action

I'm thinking about venturing out of my comfort zone and look at Cyberpunk. I have the old GURPS Cyberworld and Cyberpunk books so the campaign will be set in the dystopian future of 2043.

Do you think Action series would make a good source to mine for inspiration when it comes to templates, setting switches, etc.?
Old 05-01-2017, 10:38 AM   #2
rkbrown419

Default Re: Cyberworld + Action

Well Pyramid 3-21 referenced Action 2 Exploits to create some streamlined netrunning rules. So it would help understand that better.
Mostly though it depends on what kind of game you want to run. Many of the templates can be used, although you'll want to up the point totals to account for starting with cyberware. Exploits has several ways to streamline the game. It mostly suits a charge into the fray guns blazing play style though. If your players prefer a more cautious thoughtful aproach to facing obsticales it's probably a poor fit.
rkbrown419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:05 PM   #3
Phantasm

If I was starting a cyberpunk game, I'd consider using the Action! series as a starting point. As rkbrown mentioned, Action! 2: Exploits can help streamline a lot, and definitely look at the Netrunning Pyramid.

I'd also pull out Ultra-Tech for their cybernetics.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:20 PM   #4
Anders

Ultra-Tech is a must. I didn't know about the Pyramid, but I've bought it and it looks great. Thanks a lot for the tip.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:24 PM   #5
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Ultra-Tech is a must. I didn't know about the Pyramid, but I've bought it and it looks great. Thanks a lot for the tip.
You probably want Pyramid #3/51 as well, since it has expanded cybernetic implants and bionics.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:34 PM   #6
bloftin2

I'm 3 games into a cyberpunk campaign (working on episode 4 now). I using 4e, Ultratech 4e, and a few things from Cyberpunk 3e. As per earlier suggestion on this thread, going to check out Pyramid 3-21 for streamlined netrunning.
bloftin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:24 AM   #7
rkbrown419

If you use GCA there's a file I made a while back that could help found here. I think it makes it a bit easier to do custom cybernetics with correct point costs.
rkbrown419 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, cyberworld