Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-23-2018, 04:50 PM   #1
Shaun

Default DF Magic Items for Diffuse character

My new character is an elemental morph, meaning of course that I can morph into different elemental templates. While my homogenous forms can wear a ring, or cloak, my diffuse forms can't really hold on to anything.
Does anyone have ideas for what kind of magic items this character can use?
One thought we had was to use one-shot items, rings with charges, potions, etc. before shapeshifting. Another thought was to create "Ioun Stone" like items that would float around (we're trying to figure out the best way to build these items in DF).

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:16 PM   #2
Nereidalbel

Default Re: DF Magic Items for Diffuse character

I am not aware of anything in the RAW that prevents Diffuse characters from carrying objects. Naturally, some enhancements to Diffuse don't cooperate with carrying things, such as trying to seep through a concrete wall while wearing a set of leather armor to maintain an almost-human form.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:10 AM   #3
Shaun

On that note:
If I take the limitation "Retains Shape", can I then stay in my human shape while still seeping under a door as an air elemental?
Old 10-24-2018, 07:28 AM   #4
Nereidalbel

You'd end up looking more like somebody squeezing under the door, but, yes. Do note that the limitation on what kind of door you're squeezing under would be based on the largest physical object you want to take with you.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:47 AM   #5
Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
I am not aware of anything in the RAW that prevents Diffuse characters from carrying objects.
That's probably why elemental template buy ST down to 0.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:55 PM   #6
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
That's probably why elemental template buy ST down to 0.
Well, the Body of Fire and Air meta-traits have taboo ST 0, but the Elementals in the DF Summoners don't.
That's why my GM's initial inclination is not to let diffuse forms carry anything. And that's why I'm looking for broader feedback from the community.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:45 PM   #7
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Well, the Body of Fire and Air meta-traits have taboo ST 0, but the Elementals in the DF Summoners don't.
That's why my GM's initial inclination is not to let diffuse forms carry anything. And that's why I'm looking for broader feedback from the community.
Normal Diffuse should not prevent you from carrying stuff, as Nereidalbel opined in his first reply. Just *having* Infiltration should not change that, but (IMO) actually using it should require some kind of Enhancement if you want your stuff to come with you, like CCO or maybe Absorptive Change (from Powers p75).
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diffuse, dungeon fantasy