Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-05-2022, 10:35 AM   #71
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I thank him at the end of the journey. I look over the edge of the platform and wonder how far down the clouds are. After that I'll reenter the main tunnel and try to see how much further the main tunnel goes. Maybe there a platform that's lower, perhaps below the clouds.
Geography 9 vs 14.. failure!

Julian can't remember how far way clouds are on earth. These don't seem that different in terms of distance.

about a quarter mile after the home of the mining boys, the tunnel stops, at a different mine site. There is also a platform here, with much the same sight. Its still above the clouds. Julian sees what looks like a few strange looking bird. Then he realizes its the winged people, actually flying, and they're headed for his platform.

Quote:
Then I'll head back up to the lower market (or possibly further) to get something to eat. I'll try to negotiate a little (if only for a one real discount), depending on traffic, I might say something like: "It's the end of the day, who else are you going to sell to?"
Rolling vs Gesture 13 --- 11 +1 to merchant
Rolling vs Linguistics 12 -- 8 +1 to merchant
Rolling at merchant 12 - 4 (worse than broken) +1 +1 = 10 vs 9

Julian finds himself happily able to argue the vendor down to 15 real rather than 1 escado. He is up one escado!

Is this the dough wrap or the rice?

He has skipped the meal at noon and is still feeling hungry.

[/quote]If I happen to head all the way up to the grand market, I might head on to the spring for a sip of water and ask what the "vanishing circle" is. After that I might stop in the dry, well lit area, to make a diary entry, then back down towards the vegetated tunnel. It might be hard walking in the dark but better than getting kicked around.[/QUOTE]
You mean the one with Brog and Ump?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 12:28 PM   #72
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Geography 9 vs 14.. failure!

Julian can't remember how far way clouds are on earth. These don't seem that different in terms of distance.
I'll briefly consider how much I wasted the opportunity I had to study. If I only worked a little harder, I would have been able to remember.

Quote:
about a quarter mile after the home of the mining boys, the tunnel stops, at a different mine site. There is also a platform here, with much the same sight. Its still above the clouds.
Well I was more thinking "let's look down the tunnel" but if it's only a five minute walk...
I guess that's where this tunnel stops? I look around the mine site a little and try to tell if it's still in use or not. I suppose if it's lit it's in use to some extent.
Quote:
Julian sees what looks like a few strange looking bird. Then he realizes its the winged people, actually flying, and they're headed for his platform
Well I don't really want any trouble. I'll wave at them, and start heading back.
Quote:
Julian finds himself happily able to argue the vendor down to 15 real rather than 1 escado. He is up one escado!
Wow, I must be a financial wizard. I thought I'd be up a real.
Quote:
Is this the dough wrap or the rice?
Well the dough wrap is closer, right?
Quote:
He has skipped the meal at noon and is still feeling hungry.
I'll try to get a second at the same price. I'll hold off on eating it until after I let the first meal settle a little.
Quote:
You mean the one with Brog and Ump?
Yes, that one.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 10:06 AM   #73
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Well I was more thinking "let's look down the tunnel" but if it's only a five minute walk...
I guess that's where this tunnel stops?
There are some unlit vegetation tunnels going off the platform as well, but its the end of the wooden tunnel with the lighting
Quote:
I look around the mine site a little and try to tell if it's still in use or not. I suppose if it's lit it's in use to some extent.
Its in full swing, fully staffed and working.

Quote:
Well I don't really want any trouble. I'll wave at them, and start heading back.
The Lawin don't seem acknowledge him as he goes in.

Quote:
Wow, I must be a financial wizard. I thought I'd be up a real.

Well the dough wrap is closer, right?

I'll try to get a second at the same price. I'll hold off on eating it until after I let the first meal settle a little.
closer, but less filling. Yes, an escudo. and now two escudo.

Quote:
Yes, that one.
Julian makes it back to that tunnel. It seems there might be some available space to sleep there.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 04-11-2022, 11:08 AM   #74
TGLS

Quote:
There are some unlit vegetation tunnels going off the platform as well, but its the end of the wooden tunnel with the lighting
Its in full swing, fully staffed and working.
Hm. Are they mining Vasic too? Or something else?

Quote:
The Lawin don't seem acknowledge him as he goes in.
Fine by me. Admittedly the only reason I waved was because I thought they might think it suspicious if someone was hanging about a closed mine.

Quote:
closer, but less filling. Yes, an escudo. and now two escudo.
Eating free? Cool. I guess I'll sleep a little hungry; I need to save money after all.

Quote:
Julian makes it back to that tunnel. It seems there might be some available space to sleep there.
I guess Ump and company have gone back home? Yeah, I'll sleep here.
Old 04-12-2022, 09:57 AM   #75
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Yes, they're mining Vasic as well.

Julian sleeps better than last night, undisturbed by passerby. Its still a very rough bed. That night be dreams of men dumping dirt and rock into an enormous waterfall that ends in a bank of clouds.

When he wakes up, Brog is leaning over him with one of the lighted stones. Julian thinks its morning, but who can tell?

Counting coins and meals, I think he's been paid nine real, and bought four items from vendors with it. He has five real two escado left over. Its been 48 hours, and he's eaten at most four meals (I'm thinking that four vegatable wraps is three meals, and three rice wraps is three meals).

Last edited by ericthered; 04-12-2022 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:29 AM   #76
TGLS

Quote:
Julian sleeps better than last night, undisturbed by passerby. Its still a very rough bed. That night be dreams of men dumping dirt and rock into an enormous waterfall that ends in a bank of clouds.

When he wakes up, Brog is leaning over him with one of the lighted stones. Julian thinks its morning, but who can tell?
I'll first ask: "Is it morning already?"
If not, "Then why are you here?"
Then it's on to curiousity, "Why is dirt dropped into the waterfall? Why not somewhere else?"

Quote:
Counting coins and meals, I think he's been paid nine real, and bought four items from vendors with it. He has five real two escado left over. Its been 48 hours, and he's eaten at most four meals (I'm thinking that four vegatable wraps is three meals, and three rice wraps is three meals).
I see the mistake I made now. I thought the big coins were escudo and the small ones were real. Fantasy world, so it doesn't matter that there were 16 Spanish reales to 1 Spanish qescudo.
Old 04-13-2022, 12:13 PM   #77
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I'll first ask: "Is it morning already?"
The concept of "morning" seems to give you some trouble, but there is some indication that it will soon be time to work.

Quote:
Then it's on to curiousity, "Why is dirt dropped into the waterfall? Why not somewhere else?"
From the gestures and words: "So it doesn't fall on anyone's head"

Brog wants to head out and grab the other boys, and waves that Julian should come with him.

Quote:
I see the mistake I made now. I thought the big coins were escudo and the small ones were real. Fantasy world, so it doesn't matter that there were 16 Spanish reales to 1 Spanish qescudo.
GM confusion here is driving it. You have five large coins, two small ones, and a rumbling in your stomach that claims its owed at least three meals. (counting this next breakfast).

Old 04-13-2022, 02:40 PM   #78
TGLS

Quote:
The concept of "morning" seems to give you some trouble, but there is some indication that it will soon be time to work.
I see. Suppose it figures with the glowy clouds and all.

Quote:
From the gestures and words: "So it doesn't fall on anyone's head"
"What about anyone at the bottom of the waterfall?"

Quote:
Brog wants to head out and grab the other boys, and waves that Julian should come with him.
I'll try to explain. "I'm going to leave earlier. I need to pickup something to eat first."
Unless he's going to protest, it's off to rush ahead to get something to eat.

Quote:
GM confusion here is driving it. You have five large coins, two small ones, and a rumbling in your stomach that claims its owed at least three meals. (counting this next breakfast).
No problem. Maybe it would be best to denote the coins like: 5L 2s.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:12 AM   #79
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"What about anyone at the bottom of the waterfall?"
They could get hurt and maybe march with spears and maybe get money involved somehow.

Quote:
I'll try to explain. "I'm going to leave earlier. I need to pickup something to eat first."
Unless he's going to protest, it's off to rush ahead to get something to eat.
Brog does not insist, indicates he will see Julian at the mine, and lights the way for Julian to make it to the wooden tunnel.

Quote:
No problem. Maybe it would be best to denote the coins like: 5L 2s.
Yeah.

Old 04-14-2022, 08:22 AM   #80
TGLS

Quote:
They could get hurt and maybe march with spears and maybe get money involved somehow.
Hm. So there's a bottom to this waterfall after all I guess. Or maybe there just could be.
Quote:
Brog does not insist, indicates he will see Julian at the mine, and lights the way for Julian to make it to the wooden tunnel.
I guess it's time to race up to the upper market, maybe attempt to negotiate for a lower price on two rice leaves (maybe I could get two for 1L 15s?), and then down to the mine.

Tags
lost in dreams