Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 07-27-2018, 07:44 PM   #11
David Bofinger

Default Re: Kicktraq

From the Dungeon Fantasy experience it looks like a classic inverted-U model, the same curve as used to e.g. describe hard drive failures. A bunch of people turn up as soon as it's announced - that's close to exhausted now, and got us to $130K or so. A thin trickle of people turn up as they hear about it, probably by word of mouth. And a final surge from people who hear about it because it's about to close, or who were saving up money to afford it, or who didn't want to join until they knew which stretch goals they were getting, or whatever.

For Dungeon Fantasy the initial surge was maybe a third of the final score. For TFT it will probably be a lot more than that because a lot of our potential buyers are money-rich grognards who shouted, "Shut up and take my money," the moment they heard about it. I'm guessing we'll make close to a quarter of a million, but who knows. Kicktraq refuses even to guess.
David Bofinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:58 PM   #12
Buzzardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPumpkin View Post
We should have a pool on how high the KS will go...I'm predicting $450k.
I was thinking the same yesterday but then spaced it out (it's been some week at work).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kane View Post
Would be cool if there was a small motivation prize for the forum member coming closest to the final total; like getting their Legacy Edition autographed by SJ before it ships... something like that.
That'd be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terquem View Post
I would guess the low $300,000s

I might, maybe, revise that up a bit if a stretch goal or two is announced that really surprises everyone - something no one saw coming
I have a similar estimate. I've been thinking around $320,000. For the sake of the pool, I'll go with $321,000. :)

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 03:54 PM   #13
JLV

Honestly, I'm a little confused by the Kickstarter numbers, now that I've got the leisure to really look at them. For example, we are currently sitting at $35,409. I'm looking and looking at the price points of each pledge, and cannot for the life of me figure out how we got to a dollar value amount like "9." Unless maybe four people are only pledged at $1 each? Anyway, it's a little weird to me... ;-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 04:11 PM   #14
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
Honestly, I'm a little confused by the Kickstarter numbers, now that I've got the leisure to really look at them.
Please remember, supporters can pledge any amount they wish. And with add-ons, it becomes even more challenging to work out the exact numbers without access to the behind-the-scenes system.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 05:46 PM   #15
The Wyzard

Quote:
Honestly, I'm a little confused by the Kickstarter numbers, now that I've got the leisure to really look at them. For example, we are currently sitting at $35,409. I'm looking and looking at the price points of each pledge, and cannot for the life of me figure out how we got to a dollar value amount like "9." Unless maybe four people are only pledged at $1 each? Anyway, it's a little weird to me... ;-)
Some people pledge one dollar so they can see backer-only updates and comment.
The Wyzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:01 PM   #16
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wyzard View Post
Some people pledge one dollar so they can see backer-only updates and comment.
I'm aware. However, this is such an amazing bargain of a kickstarter, I can only encourage them to hop on board; they'll never regret it, that's for sure!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:54 PM   #17
guymc

Quote:
I'm aware. However, this is such an amazing bargain of a kickstarter, I can only encourage them to hop on board; they'll never regret it, that's for sure!
A number of them will do just that, probably at the last minute.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:08 PM   #18
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

It's also possible some people are waiting for paychecks and put the $1 in so they'd get all the updates and be reminded to up their pledge down the road.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 11:22 PM   #19
guymc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
It's also possible some people are waiting for paychecks and put the $1 in so they'd get all the updates and be reminded to up their pledge down the road.
I’ve done that a time or two as well.