Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 06-11-2018, 05:55 PM   #11
tbeard1999

Default Re: Starleader Assault Reimagined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Smith View Post
I have used GURPS Space for game conventions, and I have used a High Tech TFT version for a Zombie Apocalypse campaign I once ran. As my TFT high tech rules have developed, I tend to use them more.

Warm regards, Rick
Yeah, I can’t say enough good things about GURPs supplements in general. In particular, I consider GURPS Space to be indispensable (each edition was excellent and better than the previous one).
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:41 PM   #12
DarkPumpkin

I would LOVE to see a mini-box sci-fi TFT expansion. While the niche/idea is the same, I don't think that Starleader Assault will enter into the equation.
DarkPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:18 PM   #13
JLV

Given that Starleader: Assault was really wasn't at all like Melee, I can't see anything Steve chooses to do along those lines being a problem. I just don't think he'll choose to do it -- at least not until TFT outpaces Munchkin as his primary money maker... ;-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:21 PM   #14
Rick_Smith

Hi all,
The name Starleader Assault is copyrightMetagaming, so some new name will have to be invented. But I would be interested in a set of high tech rules for TFT.

That said, TFT is focused on fantasy. If you want TFT Space, TFT Gunslingers, , TFT Psionics, TFT Modern, TFT as a generic rules set, I think that you will be disappointed since SJG is already supporting GURPS. I can't see SJG having a lot of incentive to support those products.

Warm regards, Rick.

Last edited by Rick_Smith; 06-13-2018 at 06:25 AM.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:53 AM   #15
zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Smith View Post
Hi all,
The name Starleader Assault is copy-write Metagaming, so some new name will have to be invented. But I would be interested in a set of high tech rules for TFT
You can't copyright a name. You can trademark it though. I'm guessing that Metagaming doesn't own any trademarks anymore. It's possible that some other person or group owns the trademark it though.
zot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:29 PM   #16
michaeltaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by enelsonmo View Post
When I played it, it was similar but distinctly different than the system used in Melee and Wizard. I thought it was ok but not as much fun as tft.
I actually like the combat system in Starleader: Assault better!
michaeltaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:19 PM   #17
JLV

Then you'd LOVE a copy of Cityfight from SPI back in the early '80s! ;-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:08 AM   #18
KevinJ

Someone, I don't remember who, did several TFT inspired games in several genres including western and sci-fi. They are like, but not like TFT and as games they are passable. I think they could have been better, but what do you want for free?
Old 06-21-2018, 04:18 AM   #19
Chris Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJ View Post
Someone, I don't remember who, did several TFT inspired games in several genres including western and sci-fi. They are like, but not like TFT and as games they are passable. I think they could have been better, but what do you want for free?
That was Dark City games. They created the TFT inspired rules for their programmed adventure modules.
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:26 AM   #20
KevinJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rice View Post
That was Dark City games. They created the TFT inspired rules for their programmed adventure modules.
That's the place. You can get the stand along rules as well and they are OK for what they are designed for.