Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #781
Vexous

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Interesting. It seems we grew up on the same era of Marvel comics and have similar opinions of its current state. It also seems you've kept this thread alive for 7 years. Well done. Good stuff on the write ups too. Saves me tons of time for my own games.
Vexous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #782
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

FRIGHTFUL FOUR

The Frightful Four is the brainchild of the criminal known as the Wizard, formed as a criminal counterpart to the Fantastic Four (see Fantastic Four; Wizard). To this end, the Wizard recruited the Trapster and the Sandman, both of whom had fought the Human Torch on at least one occasion (see Human Torch; Sandman; Trapster). Rounding out the Frightful Four was Medusa, who until that point was a relative unknown but whose prehensile hair the Wizard figured would be useful against the Fantastic Four (see Medusa).

The Frightful Four began by breaking into the Baxter Building and taking the Fantastic Four's mailman, Willie Lumpkin, prisoner, then issuing a public challenge to the Fantastic Four to come rescue him (see Lumpkin, Willie). The two teams clashed, and all but Medusa were captured and taken into custody. Medusa later released the Wizard from prison, and the two are believed to be plotting the release of the other members.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:21 AM   #783
Phantasm

and updated the Human Torch.

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #784
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
and updated the Human Torch.
If there aren't too many, can you post the changes that were made for the obsessive-types here? :}
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:02 PM   #785
Keiko
Banned

To the OP:

I'm still reading through it but this is really impressive work. I hadn't considered GURPS for a Supers game but you may very well change my mind.
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #786
Refplace

The Human Torch should probably have Varaiabl, +5% on his ranged missile attack, jet too.
Also he has no temp tolerance that I saw.
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:47 PM   #787
Infornific

Re: the Human Torch

Sorry to be pedantic, but technically you're not supposed to combine Talents and Wildcard skills. It just looks weird. Why does he have Mechanic! as a Wild Card skill, or is this version supposed to be an absolute wizard at fixing anything? Mechanic! just seems overkill.
Infornific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #788
Culture20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infornific View Post
Why does he have Mechanic! as a Wild Card skill, or is this version supposed to be an absolute wizard at fixing anything? Mechanic! just seems overkill.
That's what he's like in the more modern comics. Starting out, he only focused on hot-rods (pun intended by Stan Lee?), but he pretty quickly started repairing any engines, even ones Reed designed for space ships like the Pogo Plane.
Culture20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #789
Infornific

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture20 View Post
That's what he's like in the more modern comics. Starting out, he only focused on hot-rods (pun intended by Stan Lee?), but he pretty quickly started repairing any engines, even ones Reed designed for space ships like the Pogo Plane.
Got it, but Mechanic! (compared to Inventor! in Supers) is a bit narrow for a Wild Card skill. I think keeping Artificer and adding appropriate Mechanic skills as he comes across them makes a little more sense.
Infornific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:53 PM   #790
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infornific View Post
Got it, but Mechanic! (compared to Inventor! in Supers) is a bit narrow for a Wild Card skill. I think keeping Artificer and adding appropriate Mechanic skills as he comes across them makes a little more sense.
I've been treating Mechanic! as covering all specialties of Mechanic, Armoury, and Electronics Repair, but not Engineer. Not sure what else it'd cover, to be honest. It's a bit narrow when compared to some other wildcards, but I'm hesitant to load up with a ton of skills and somehow miss one that could be crucial. Other than making an overall Mechanic (all specialties) (IQ/H) skill, I'm not sure how else to cover it.

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men