Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-24-2023, 12:08 PM   #1
oma

Default New GURPS resources

Seeing the recent news about RPG shake-up and various threads about how GURPS is not worth a great deal of investment beyond the status quo, I wonder why SJ Games does not open the door for others to create?

Gaming Ballistic created VTT tokens for monsters which has been a godsend for me and I want MUCH MUCH more of this virtual content. If creating this content is not cost effective for SJ Games to do, then why would they be concerned about other people doing it? If they are already planning on NOT making money on an idea, why not let others in the marketplace go ahead and produce these things?

Douglas Cole seemed to cover himself financially with this project, and yet reading about it, it feels as if it was not easy for him to convince SJ Games to allow the project. At some point I would think that if I don't want to produce something I should be willing to let others do it.

I do not understand the value in locking down an idea just because I am not interested in bringing it to fruition.

License someone to make more VTT content. Or just leave us alone to use GURPS how we want. If SJ Games is not planning on exploiting it for further growth, let it go and let the fan base carry it forward. Who knows? That may even sell more books.

I don't understand the industry that well, but if someone has a good reason why I can't have premade tokens with GURPS stats on them I would love to understand it. I hate having to build my own stuff. I'd much rather pay someone to do it for me. Up to now, Gaming Ballistic is the only thing I see out there. I'd like more please.
oma is offline   Reply With Quote