Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-31-2021, 02:04 PM   #41
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Mix and Match 2021 (66 Combos)

combination 20: The Corruption of Hlifborg
20) Dungeon Fantasy Encounters 4: Ring Fort and Dungeon Fantasy 23: Twists

Hilborg was established to fight back the darkness, to keep the forces of chaos and death at bay, to be a bastion protecting the innocent. But the darkness has struck back in its own insidious way: what it could not destroy with its hordes, it now ensnares with temptation. Townsfolk are being kidnapped for sacrifices. Graves have been robbed, presumably to create undead monstrosities. That's inside the fort, outside of the fort, the villagers who once relied on the fort for protection now speak of it in a tone of fear, seeing it draw as much evil as it keeps away.

Heroes have arrived at hlifborg. Or at least, great men. But the great are not always good...

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 05:12 PM   #42
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
combination 20: The Corruption of Hlifborg
20) Dungeon Fantasy Encounters 4: Ring Fort and Dungeon Fantasy 23: Twists

Hilborg was established to fight back the darkness, to keep the forces of chaos and death at bay, to be a bastion protecting the innocent. But the darkness has struck back in its own insidious way: what it could not destroy with its hordes, it now ensnares with temptation. Townsfolk are being kidnapped for sacrifices. Graves have been robbed, presumably to create undead monstrosities. That's inside the fort, outside of the fort, the villagers who once relied on the fort for protection now speak of it in a tone of fear, seeing it draw as much evil as it keeps away.

Heroes have arrived at hlifborg. Or at least, great men. But the great are not always good...
Now I either want to play this or write it.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 09:14 PM   #43
Inky

Nice! Don't go near the ring fort!
Old 09-01-2021, 01:30 PM   #44
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Combination 21: Templar's Secret
21) Dungeon Fantasy Encounters 4: Ring Fort and Action Adventure 1: Templar's Gold

During the Wizard's war, the city of Raphael was almost leveled by fighting between Megalos and Al Wazif. No building was sacred, and old strongholds were causually leveled by the mighty magics employed. The PC's have recently received letters from the journal of a Mage they know well, with hints at an impossible treasure: a way to direct the banestorm. This treasure is under the ruins of a fort that once defended Raphael.

But the PC's are not the only ones seeking this marvel. Someone else is on their trail, who seems to know a little more about this hidden marvel and its involvement with the templar order. They'll need a little bit of research to find it, and a lot of skill to keep it once they arrive at the ruined fort that houses it.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 09-03-2021, 01:58 PM   #45
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Combination 22: The Alchemist's Notes
22) The Green Madonna and Infinite Worlds: The Osiris Worlds

A brilliant alchemist has been working on his latest concoction far away from the spying eyes of his colleges in alexandria: his self-imposed exile was in a small town on the red sea. Unfortunately, his community was targeted by pirates, and his notes have been spirited away to the coasts of arabia. One of the pirates is trying to profit off of the strange notes, seeking aid from persian experts, but is running into trouble as rivals of the alchemist try to recover the notes, employing their strange devices and secrets. Not to mention a lovely but devious woman trying to play all the sides off of each other...

The Green Madonna constantly asks of me the question:
"where in this setting can we stick raiding pirates?"

Its a fair question, and a good one, I think.
And we're over a third of the way through, with multiple entries for every pdf!

Old 09-07-2021, 01:36 PM   #46
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Combination 25: The Grissom Papers
25) The Green Madonna and Space Atlas: Grissom

A pirate raid in the Grissom system has recovered a number of valuable items and one exceptionally curious one: a data-pad that has some strange scientific data on it and is wrapped in some cryptography that marks it as valuable to the aspiring pirate. Some xenoarchelogists are coming aboard the Issac Newton to analyze the documents for potential sale.

The documents have been kept in a pirate infested hive of scum and villany, and that has security issues. BuAstro is tracking down the documents, and they've tracked it back to the pirate hive, were anything goes...

Last edited by ericthered; 09-08-2021 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-08-2021, 11:52 AM   #47
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Combination 26: Green Madonna in the Wild Blue
26) The Green Madonna and How to Be a GURPS GM: High-Powered Origins

In outer reaches of the wild blue, floating admid the rocks of is a hive of scum and villany, a dastardly port where pirates are more or less welcome. The pirate flamemaster Hugo the dwarf has obtained secret documents he hopes to make a fortune after. But he has run afoul of trouble, for he has become tangled in the web of the lightweaver Lady Champange. The Steelbender Santiogo and his men seek the statue in which the documents are hidden, and In a city of pirates, there is no shortage of those of mystic birth who may be hired by one side or the other.

Yes, this is set in/inspired by the lady blackbird setting. I felt that it fit a pirates game with powers better than using the historical carribean. If you want, combine it with #16. We'll see if I end up using it again...

Old 09-09-2021, 09:08 AM   #48
Christopher R. Rice

Nice. Very nice.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 03:41 PM   #49
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

combination 27:
27) The Green Madonna and Encounters: The Mysterious Airfield

An rather dimunuative art collector has reached out to the PC's: he has recently purchased a green statue with a rather sketchy chain of procurement, and now he's running into trouble. Some shadowy government agency is after the statue, for some unknown reason. They will claim its a matter of national security ... and they are acompanied by a young boy with a curiously peircing stare.

The government agency, is of course, the rouge agency operating out of Venus field, chasing after a statue with mysterious paranormal properties. The young boy is the telepath Jasper. They have a young and pretty daughter of a rather eccentric researcher that the art collector contacted who has been working with them, but now she's turned on them, unaware of the resources they can throw after her and the Greed Madonna. Of course, if you think that makes her an innocent civilian, she's liable to fool you too.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:24 PM   #50
Christopher R. Rice

I also like this one. :-D

It's like the plot of a pulp movie.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote