Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-16-2015, 04:51 PM   #21
weby

Default Re: I think I figured out how to build Supernatural Durability out of spare parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineDaysDead View Post
The claim is made by Kromm.
hmm.. Hidden in a sub quote. So I guess that is his meaning then, but why is it not named that way in the books except as immunity in characters?
Old 08-16-2015, 05:24 PM   #22
Nereidalbel

Default Re: I think I figured out how to build Supernatural Durability out of spare parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by weby View Post
hmm.. Hidden in a sub quote. So I guess that is his meaning then, but why is it not named that way in the books except as immunity in characters?
Might be hidden in the errata.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:41 PM   #23
weby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
Might be hidden in the errata.
No knockout in the errata either. I did also check martial arts and powers.

Only references to mechanics or meaning of knockout was in third edition where a heard hit of HT/2 or more knocked one out without a HT save, it was called knockout. There is no corresponding rule in 4th edition, but the closest is the failed HT rolls(and the big penalties on head hits) causing unconsciousness.

Martial arts does discuss knockout in couple of places with the longer reference boing: "Most kicks use the shin as a striking surface, and the usual targets are the head and body (for the knockout) or the legs (to score a knockdown)"

Again there is no indication of what constitutes a knockout.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:12 AM   #24
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
Again there is no indication of what constitutes a knockout.
Yes, it's not clear from the books, but now we have a Krommquote, so we don't need to debate authorial intent any more.
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:32 AM   #25
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Never dies unless certain conditions are met is Unkillable 2.

Unkillable 2 (Achilles' Heel, Occasional, -30%;Achilles' Heel: Dies if takes 10XHP from 1 attack -??%; Cosmic: Not forced to fall unconscious at -10XHP, +50%; Injury not capped at -(HPx10) -??%; No Regrowth -24%) [??]
Unkillable 2 is more like 'rises after dying; also only dies at a lower HP threshold'. Adding Injury Not Capped seems like a cheat. It's kinda like DR with 'damage decrease is not capped by DR level'.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:08 AM   #26
weby

Quote:
Yes, it's not clear from the books, but now we have a Krommquote, so we don't need to debate authorial intent any more.
Kromquotes are not RAW. If the advantage was meant to be immunity to unconsciousness it should say so and not use "knockout", that is clearly something that should be in errata in that case. But yes, No need to discuss it in this thread.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:20 AM   #27
jeff_wilson
Computer Scientist

Quote:
Kromquotes are not RAW. If the advantage was meant to be immunity to unconsciousness it should say so and not use "knockout", that is clearly something that should be in errata in that case.
There is a slight problem in that errata largely ceased about six years ago, while Krommandments continue to be issued. If anything, they outrank RAW.

The Campaigns of William Stoddard
jeff_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:12 AM   #28
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Unkillable 2 is more like 'rises after dying; also only dies at a lower HP threshold'. Adding Injury Not Capped seems like a cheat. It's kinda like DR with 'damage decrease is not capped by DR level'.
Injury Not Capped is a limitation, without it you can't take more than 10Xhp injury, further damage will have no effect. With it as a limitation you can be pushed infinitely low into the negatives. That's a disadvantage, not a cheat!
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:23 AM   #29
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Injury Not Capped is a limitation, without it you can't take more than 10Xhp injury, further damage will have no effect. With it as a limitation you can be pushed infinitely low into the negatives. That's a disadvantage, not a cheat!
With SD, you can go however low you like, and stay alive. With Unkillable 2, you eventually die and need to wait to resurrect yourself.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:24 AM   #30
weby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_wilson View Post
There is a slight problem in that errata largely ceased about six years ago, while Krommandments continue to be issued. If anything, they outrank RAW.
Having to hunt forums for quotes is hardly the way you are supposed to read a set of rules..

Tags
immunity to subdual, supernatural durability, under the hood