Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 01-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
LordHelmet

Default Runtime error '5'

When I try to open a specific character file 'player.gca4' gca responds with the runtime error '5' and crashes.
Until a few days ago there was no problem loading that specific file. All other files are still working.

Any hints where to find the problem?
LordHelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Runtime error '5'

First thought that occurs to me: open the file in a text editor and see if a rogue line-break has gotten into an item somewhere. That isn't supposed to crash GCA these days, but it still might.

Second thought: something else might have gotten badly corrupted somewhere. You might be able to eyeball that, too, if you run across it while looking through the file in the text editor.

Otherwise, you can Zip up and send me the file at gca4 at misersoft dot com and I'll take a look to see if I can find the problem.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
LordHelmet

Default Re: Runtime error '5'

Well, I can't say anything about how the probleme occured or how to solve it. But luckily I had a backup which works perfect. So it obviously was a problem within the file and not GCA itself.
LordHelmet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crash, error message, gca4