Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:51 AM   #1
sgbeal

Default Free Ogre/GEV-compatible counters

Hi, all,

First, the good part:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...GdmSU9XZEFzVlU

(Achtung: unfortunately requires a Google account. i will eventually set up zipped exports on another site.)
(Tip: use the Preview mode (the button near the top/right containing 4 small squares) to _greatly_ simplify viewing the graphics.)

And now the details...

A bit stirred up by activities related to the recent Ogre Kickstart project, this weekend i was able to tap into my inner muse and crank out (in about 24 hours of non-stop work) over 100 custom counters for Ogre and any other games with similar counters (they were created for a custom game). Many are just slight variations of one another (e.g. different weapon placement or round vs sharp corners), but there's well over 50 distinct models, including 35 cybertanks (suitable for use as Ogres, though they have a different look than the originals because the Ogre look is trademarked by SJG). Of the 35 cybertanks, there are currently about 14 different basis chassis, and each chassis then has several variations (i especially like the 013 and 014 series). The infantry graphics were contributed by Francisco J. Cestero, i just converted them to SVG. (Many of the other new graphics were inspired by/based upon graphics Francisco had created for use with Ogre over 10 years ago.)

They're all drawn in the classic black/white silhouette style used by most tabletop counter-based games, and are in SVG format, so they're fully scaleable, colorizable, and customizable.

Any gamers who send a Google Drive share request will get added to the folder's list, and will automatically get any changes/additions synced to their gdrive.

Have fun!
sgbeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
Pilgrim

Default Re: Free Ogre/GEV-compatible counters

I've got a google account and its throwing up on me.
Have you considered 4shared?
Old 05-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
sgbeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I've got a google account and its throwing up on me.
Have you considered 4shared?
There appears to be a problem with gdrive - i'm also having problems from time to time today. The good news is, though: we now have 51(!!!) custom cybertank counters.

An alternate link which might work better (or not at all):

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B...GdmSU9XZEFzVlU
Old 05-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
FireHorse

Even if you already have a "Google Account," you also need to have the "Google Drive" application installed for that link to work properly. It's free though, and you get 5GB of storage space just for signing up, so…
FireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
Toltrin

Do you want me to create some printable sheets of this one? Vote on how many of each unit can be placed on a 8" x 10" sheet.
Toltrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:10 AM   #6
sgbeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHorse View Post
Even if you already have a "Google Account," you also need to have the "Google Drive" application installed for that link to work properly. It's free though, and you get 5GB of storage space just for signing up, so…

i don't have an extra app installed for GDrive (there isn't one for Linux) and it works fine for me using Chrome and Firefox as long as i log in. If i don't log in, the above links don't work for me.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:13 AM   #7
sgbeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toltrin View Post
Do you want me to create some printable sheets of this one? Vote on how many of each unit can be placed on a 8" x 10" sheet.
i'd be thrilled to see anyone do anything with these graphics, especially create countersheets and whatnot. At some point will port over my old countersheet-generation perl scripts to automate this process, but those scripts need to be adapted for SVG inputs (this is my first foray into SVG).
Old 05-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #8
Toltrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbeal View Post
i'd be thrilled to see anyone do anything with these graphics, especially create countersheets and whatnot. At some point will port over my old countersheet-generation perl scripts to automate this process, but those scripts need to be adapted for SVG inputs (this is my first foray into SVG).
No automation here, I did each by hand using Photoshop and Visio Pro.
Toltrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #9
sgbeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toltrin View Post
No automation here, I did each by hand using Photoshop and Visio Pro.
Well, i can only praise the quality of your work - you obviously love what you do, and that is (in my experience) the greatest part of doing it. i am, by NO means, graphically gifted nor talented, but i have discovered (sometime in the middle of just over 200 tries) that i can do relatively decent silhouette-style counters.

:-D
Old 05-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #10
sgbeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbeal View Post
For those who are having problems with Google requiring a login and then not showing you the folders, if you will email your googlemail account name to me (sgbeal googlemail com) i will be happy to add you to the permissions list.

Tags
ogre/gev counters