Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-12-2022, 12:09 PM   #1161
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"A puff of smoke? that should be doable... give me another charge, as much as you can, and I'll show you."

The puff of smoke is created from nothing... from the energy itself. Its very fast, much faster than the other processes Peter has observed.
Peter tries to copy him, if he fails he won't give up after the first failure!

"Can you do that again, but slower?"
"Give me a little while and I can give you some more energy"
"What if I..."
"Does it feel..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The two look at each other, and something passes between them. Dahlia looks at the dog with a beady eye. Goliath puts his head down to sniff. the crow jumps back and caws, but doesn't fly away. Goliath inches a little close, and Dahlia jumps onto Peter's shoulder and caws a couple more times.
This delights Peter and he will enjoy the company of his friends.

He will hang out with his burgeoning menagerie and Tar Billik and go with the flow of things. He will review the messages he's supposed to remember in his head a few times even if it's all written down, in case the writing experiment is a failure.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 10:06 AM   #1162
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The attempts at learning to conjure smoke their way slow: it takes over two hours to build up a charge for a god to show him how to do it, and he needs his energy full to really try it, so two or three times in a day is about all that he can manage.

Peter doesn't dream that night, so he gets a few more tries at making smoke. He manages to do something that Tar-Billik says is "in the right direction".

Dahlia starts riding on his shoulder, always keeping a sharp eye on the dog.

The night afterwards, he dreams... give me a will roll to stay on target.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 02:51 PM   #1163
the_matrix_walker

Peter fails his Dreaming Roll by 1

3d6 <= 12
3 + 6 + 4 = 13 ... failure
Old 08-23-2022, 02:17 PM   #1164
the_matrix_walker

((oops! You said Will roll, not dreaming... so that is actually a success by one... but I'm fine with sticking with the fail to not change gears on your story))
Old 08-24-2022, 10:07 AM   #1165
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

You were right, it should have been a dreaming roll...

Peter dreams of dinosaurs that night. enormous sauropods lazily moving across the ground. Tyrannosaurs sporting a fine dusting of feathers. Triceratops, ankylosaurus, and hadrosaurs, all bearing the exotic bony markings of their species. Both Pterosaurs and birds in the skies. Smaller dinosaurs in the brush.

He wakes up to cold metal on his cheek. He's on some sort of metal overwalk. down below him are massive clean white tanks. He hears someone, probably a man, groaning as he is beaten. Some yelling in english about "Snoops" and "Your Corpse".

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 08-24-2022, 10:42 AM   #1166
the_matrix_walker

Peter does his best to get his bearings and remain undetected while he investigates his immediate area and tries to find some sort of hiding place and perhaps something to wear while he listens to the assault. He keeps an eye out for something he might be able to use as a weapon to protect himself or rescue the person being assaulted and keeps an eye out for a lighter or some sort of fire source so that he can make smoke for Karana if he can.

'Dinosaurs!?!? Did I dream myself to Jurassic Park!?!?' he thinks to himself...

Then he remembers when writing and inspects himself to see if the ink made the trip.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 08-25-2022 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:56 AM   #1167
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The ink is gone: it didn't make the trip.

The room is very long, longer than a football field, and there is something off about it... but Peter isn't sure what. Its maybe 100 feet across. He seems to be 30 to 40 feet off the ground. The ceiling level were he is is cluttered with lights, pipes, cords, ductwork, catwalks, and crane hooks. The ceiling is only about seven feet up, and is a solid iron plate... seemingly without welded joints, cut only in the places where pipes and tubes come through. The catwalks allow pretty good coverage of the room... he thinks maybe there are exits at the end of the room, but not to the sides. Getting up and down is done via ladders that aren't currently lowered.

The floor is mostly covered in those big tanks, and in what look like control boxes for the tanks. He can see spots where instead they have big white 10 foot cabinets: he thinks the yelling is coming from behind one of them. He sees a few other spots with the cabinets.

The tanks are a variety of sizes, with several pipes leading to each of them. The largest are bigger than school busses, but some of them are only the size of a large desk.

Looking around for weapons, clothes, and fire doesn't turn up too much. he does find a long metal pole with a hook on one end... about 12 feet long right now, and it telescopes out. If he could get a screw-driver or wrench he could pry all sorts of metal parts out of this place. There is no indication of clothing. The fire suppression system seems to be overhead, so there are no handy fire-extinguishers to use as weapons. He does see what looks like a breaker box, if he wants to try and start an electrical fire... but with what? The cabinets might have something useful, but they are all on the bottom level.

This is a great place to hide: the question is how to hide from many places at once and how to observe the other people best. Is he trying to get closer to the assault?

Old 08-26-2022, 07:18 AM   #1168
the_matrix_walker

Peter does his best to remain quiet and position himself to better see what is going on below. He takes the pole, thinking it may come in handy in hooking something useful.

(I presume Goliath is present and Peter is trying to keep him quiet all the while.)
Old 08-26-2022, 09:12 AM   #1169
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Four men are surrounding a fifth, with the fifth tied to a chair. The Cabinets are arranged into a sort of room, with a work-table in the center. They don't seem to be interrogating the man, just beating and berating him. One of them is holding a rather large and intimidating looking assault riffle. Two of the assailants are wearing uniforms of some kind, including the guy with the gun. The other two and the man being beaten are wearing white lab coats, though the coat of the victim is now streaked with red.

The cabinets look very useful: clothing is peaking out of one. Another seems to hold tools. They have locks on them, but have been left open.

The tirade of abuse has references to "our operation", "exposing us", "you think you're so clever", "the law", "How much you've cost us" and descriptions of how painful the man's death will be. He appears to be an officer of the law himself.

Goliath is sneaking along behind Peter... but then the dog turns and wants to go looking behind a set of ducts.

Old 08-26-2022, 09:30 AM   #1170
the_matrix_walker

Fear grips peter and he freezes for a few moments, his eyes locked on the assault going on beneath him. Once he relaxed a bit and his thoughts are his own again, his mind races as he searches for a way to help this poor man.

When Goliath wants to go exploring, Peter gives him the 'shush' sign and the 'dismissed' motion to give him leave to sniff around. If Goliath turns back to show Peter something, he will investigate.

If any of the cabinets are out of the sightline of the assault, he will extend the hooked pole and see if he can retrieve any of the clothing or tools from an open cabinet.

If he feels he has what he needs to do so, Peter will attempt to shut down the breakers. If they are labeled, he will just do the lights.

Are there only ladders? Can Peter see any way to get Goliath down from here? The crane hooks maybe? Are any of the ducts angled so they might slide?

Tags
lost in dreams