Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-13-2014, 10:56 PM   #1031
Lamech

Default Re: [OOC] Worlds of Fire

Makes sense.
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #1032
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Options I've seen:

Working for someone else:
lets us be vague and places no obligation on us to do or explain anything. gives them a faint reason to respect us (someone bigger is coming). doesn't explain why we are doing funny things. Invokes a deadline, but not too onerous of one.

Selling Something:
Gives an excuse to be out and about, and a decent excuse for doing funny things, but not a great one. On the other hand, we will be expected to be selling that item, which is quite an issue. lots of details will be required.

Researchers:
places no obligation to do anything and explains why we are doing funny things, but doesn't get us out and about too much. some details are required.

I vote in this order:

Researchers
Working for someone else
Selling Something

I encourage others to order their votes as well.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:29 PM   #1033
momothefiddler

Working for someone else: What eric said. We'll have to pick someone that won't be too easy to check in with, though.

Selling something: Requires lots of details or lots of work convincing people and messing with their minds. On the other hand, that might line up nicely with our job, which for now at least seems to involve wandering around and talking to people and digging in their minds, so it's not necessarily as much extra work as it might seem (we did not talk to you about the blazen and also we sold you a subscription to our magazine)

Researchers: Probably requires the same sort of boss choosing that working for someone else does, unless we want to get covered in red tape. The latter would need us to provide lots of details (or dig in lots of minds), too.

That said, I vote in the above order:
Working for Someone Else
Selling Something
Researchers

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:22 PM   #1034
pfharlock

It seems like the group is leaning towards, working for someone else. I'm in for whatever the group decides, do we know who a good/believable person to work for would be?

If we go with selling stuff, I want us to sell electronic bagpipes :) After you tell them that, that should really stop any further questions, (plus it amuses me).
pfharlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #1035
Lamech

I vote we just rewire the minds of anyone who gets too close and claim "proprietary information" and "no trespass" when non-officials ask. (This is somewhat tongue in cheek. John likes research too.)
Hiriko
Andrew

Last edited by Lamech; 02-18-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:02 AM   #1036
yoippari

Selling something: Hello sir, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior?

I don't know if the hilba have a sense of humor and if not then this particular product might not be a good cover. But it does have a reason to be out and about, weird things happening, and a reason to get a large space. Probably wouldn't garner much trust though and presumably someone might want to attend a service some time.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:00 AM   #1037
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Selling anything is a good way to get people to ignore you if done right, religion, bagpipes, or vacuum cleaners.

The religion angle is quite amusing, but has a lot of problems. Someone coming to a service isn't an issue: perfect brainwash victim. But you do generally need to have a standard of behavior, and you get lots of people ignoring you, and going out of their way to not talk to you. Oh, and who knows who you're going to offend.

It looks like we have:

2 for preparing the way (momo, pfharlock)
2 for research (lamech, eric)
1 for salesman (yoippari)

if we count the NPC's (alex), that gives working for someone else the majority...

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:11 PM   #1038
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
It looks like we have:

2 for preparing the way (momo, pfharlock)
2 for research (lamech, eric)
1 for salesman (yoippari)

if we count the NPC's (alex), that gives working for someone else the majority...
Now read on...
Old 02-26-2014, 01:42 PM   #1039
Totem

Please review these Character Sheets. This is what I'm using for keeping track of characters (I've got the Excel version of it though). Ignore the equipment for now; I copy the latest sheet when I create a new one, and Harry and Sam (NPCs) have been the latest sheets that I've been copying.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:28 PM   #1040
yoippari

Mine is slightly off probably due to some final edits before actually starting to play. Drop Architecture [1], Eengineer (Electronics/TL8)[2], Gardening [1], Leatherworking [1], Savior-Faire (military) [1], Soldier [1], Thrown Weapon (Spear) [1]. Drop Spear down a point to 13 [4]

That gives [-12]

Add in Area knowledge (frontline)-15 [2], Electronics Operation (Security)- 13 [1], Electronics Repair (Surveillance)-14 [1], Lockpicking-13 [1], Staff-12 [1] (defaults off spear),

Costs [5] so i'm still [-7]

Add perks Weapon Bond for the shotgun [1] and Forgettable Face [1]. That is the opposite of Distinctive Features on B165. I just realized I didn't run this one by you because it is from Powerups 2.

Anyway that brings me to [-5]
Drop Stubbornness [-5] from disadvantages. It brings my disads over the 50 point limit anyway.

GCA didn't include the 2 points for extra starting equipment so my point total actually comes to 282. Just deduct from my earned cp from the last adventure.

Last edited by yoippari; 02-26-2014 at 03:50 PM. Reason: recalculating.
yoippari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pbp, world-jumping, worlds of fire