Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Daily Illuminator

Old 01-19-2023, 11:00 PM   #1
RoboAdmin
Spam Assassin

Default January 20, 2023: Calamityware And "Troubles With International Shipping"

January 20, 2023: Calamityware And "Troubles With International Shipping"

Read this article on the Illuminator.
RoboAdmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 05:04 PM   #2
Þorkell
Icelandic - Approach With Caution

Default Re: January 20, 2023: Calamityware And "Troubles With International Shipping"

Read the post and as far as I can see the reason boils down to red tape and associated costs. Fair enough.

However, what I find odd is that only some US companies are choosing to stop shipping outside of the US (and Canada). I'm not talking about vast companies such as Amazon (I'm not a complete idiot), but companies that seem to be in a similar size category as SJ Games (less than 100 employee, SJ Games' website lists 37 names on the Staff page).

For example, I recently ordered boots from a small US company paid $45 in shipping and got my order in about a month. If I was to order DFRPG from SJ Games it'd cost about $99 in shipping, and probably take about half the time (not willing to spend $99+cost of DFRPG+ all relevant taxes to find out). The weight would be about the same, the RPG would be less bulky. I've ordered fountain pens from a small Virginia based company, paid $25 in shipping and gotten the order in about a month.

Shipping is weird, but I do get the feeling that it is specially weird on international orders from the US.

Viking kittens | My photos | More of my photos
Þorkell is offline   Reply With Quote