Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-10-2023, 04:03 PM   #1701
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
She locks all of them but one person in the hydrogen cell. The people in the hydrogen cells are executed. Next, Pacifica orders her team to handcuff and muzzle up the remaining person (it will be the smallest/weakest person).

The Dread Stormer takes note of the guard that suggested the alternative and commends her idea.

Then the team makes a cautious traverse towards the comms.
Grab your bags and move on, ladies.
As Pacifica leaves the aphixiating cell behind, she notices one of her crew switch the air back on as they leave. (bare success on perception roll).

Pacifica makes it to the comms to find that between her and Hua, all of the rear of the ship except the living quarters have been swept.

Daymar is focusing on converted the enormous quantity of prisoners they have captured. This is a large amount of work, and he is the bottleneck.

Hua is gathering the forces and plans to take the living quarters of the aft third of the ship, and checking in with Daymar, when they get a report that a large "mob" of loyal crew armed mostly with improvised weapons is forming around deck 17-15 towards the bottleneck of the ship (block F).

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 08:24 PM   #1702
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
they get a report that a large "mob" of loyal crew armed mostly with improvised weapons is forming around deck 17-15 towards the bottleneck of the ship (block F).
"Here's my plan; I'll keep a couple pairs of guards back to sweep the remaining living quarters. The rest of the guards will head towards the 'mob' while I race ahead to confront the mob. Daymar should focus on the captured crew; we could need to go to battle very soon. Pacifica can proceed to face down the mob as she sees fit. Sound good?"
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 09:26 PM   #1703
Hide

Quote:
As Pacifica leaves the aphixiating cell behind, she notices one of her crew switch the air back on as they leave. (bare success on perception roll).
Is this the same person that suggested not killing the captives in the first place? If so, Pacifica will have this person walk beside her.

Pacifica will flank (for reduced defenses) the traitor with a surprise attack (while also being aware of the rest of the crew):

To improve her odds at flanking, she will try tactics (7+1) 8 (using luck), she will wait at most until they walk ¼ their way to the comms.

Then she will use her displacement ability (14) 8 and her stealth skill (15) 13 to attack the vitals (18) 14 of her target.

This should deal 11 HP of injury on hit, a major wound to the vitals.

If this is a different crew than the one that suggested sparing the life of the enemies, she’ll get ready to attack her. But if Pacifica's actions end the combat and there aren't other crew involved (i.e., the person that let interrupted the asphyxia was the same crew) then she doubles back to the comms.

Quote:
Pacifica can proceed to face down the mob as she sees fit.
Exactly, what do you mean?
Old 01-13-2023, 08:03 AM   #1704
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
[1233] 23-01-13 12:40:31 CET

Mental Surgery (as a job roll; Fanaticism)

3d6 <= 15
1 + 1 + 3 = 5 ... success

Done, and got a critical success, which bodes well for the conversion process.
This does bode well... but I still need PC action about the "mob" forming.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-18-2023, 08:52 PM   #1705
Hide

Upon reaching the comms Pacifica reports to her teammates. She tells them of her progress until the envoy’s arrival. She listens to their accounts, and asks Daymar:

How much time will it take you reaching this section?
Old 01-31-2023, 04:45 AM   #1706
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Upon reaching the comms Pacifica reports to her teammates. She tells them of her progress until the envoy’s arrival. She listens to their accounts, and asks Daymar:

How much time will it take you reaching this section?
"It's fairly close, but I'm going to be bringing company. We'll need a few minutes."

Daymar is going to gather up as many security crew and converts as he can, instructing them to arm themselves with what is available, before leading them down the nine decks to where the mob is forming.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:43 AM   #1707
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Here's my plan; I'll keep a couple pairs of guards back to sweep the remaining living quarters. The rest of the guards will head towards the 'mob' while I race ahead to confront the mob. Daymar should focus on the captured crew; we could need to go to battle very soon. Pacifica can proceed to face down the mob as she sees fit. Sound good?"
Hua heads towards the problem area. She can hear voices as she gets to the door near the last compartment.

Quote:
"It's fairly close, but I'm going to be bringing company. We'll need a few minutes."

Daymar is going to gather up as many security crew and converts as he can, instructing them to arm themselves with what is available, before leading them down the nine decks to where the mob is forming.
Daymar starts gathering security and other converted crew. Give me a leadership or administration roll to gather them.

How will you be arming the non-security forces?

Old 02-03-2023, 12:01 PM   #1708
TGLS

Quote:
Hua heads towards the problem area. She can hear voices as she gets to the door near the last compartment.
I'll try to listen in, opening the door a crack if needed.

Quote:
[1236] 23-02-04 21:50:00 CET
Observation
3d6 <= 13
6 + 1 + 5 = 12 ... success

Last edited by TGLS; 02-04-2023 at 01:50 PM.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 07:21 AM   #1709
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Daymar starts gathering security and other converted crew. Give me a leadership or administration roll to gather them.

How will you be arming the non-security forces?
[1234] 23-02-04 15:19:54 CET

Leadership

3d6 <= 14
2 + 5 + 4 = 11 ... success

Daymar will look around for whatever tools and equipment might be available to arm the non-security crew:

[1235] 23-02-04 15:20:39 CET

Scrounging

3d6 <= 14
5 + 5 + 3 = 13 ... success
Old 02-07-2023, 08:11 AM   #1710
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll try to listen in, opening the door a crack if needed.

There is a guard right outside the door, who investigates the door, snooping around. Hua is invisible, and the guard finds nothing. She gets a good bit of the speech: someone (an NCO?) is trying to get everyone pumped up for a battle.

Quote:
Daymar will look around for whatever tools and equipment might be available to arm the non-security crew:
Daymar organizes the officers he has access to gather a bunch of crew to fight. They are able to scrounge up 150 without too much effort.

You think you can bring 50 security and officers into the battle, leaving the remainder to hold things down.