Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2021, 09:40 PM   #111
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

"I would look upon the mystic source of these enchantments. Please, show me the other chambers... I must see the full context of the enchantment before interceeding."

Vassarious maintains a pleasant and 'angelic' tone, conveying a sense of warmth, despite speaking in a stark formality...

She adopts a falsehood as truth in her imagination and thinks of the forces present as her own entourage to banish any feelings of intimidation that might otherwise show.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 10:39 PM   #112
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Ok, that makes sense. What's the answer to "How much time"
I'll go with maybe a third to half my time, for maybe a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"What? Didn't they test that? whose oversight was that? I'll teach you! We have the car right here..."
"Well I guess learning would beat walking everywhere."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Its an old fashioned clunker built for style (at least to the TL10 eyes beholding it). Thelodox has Halcyone slowly driving it around the parking lot.
This calls for a roll, I guess.
Quote:
[65] 21-08-11 05:33:17 BST
Driving Default
3d6 <= 9
5 + 1 + 6 = 12 ... failure
Well, it doesn't look good, but I suppose once you add TDM it should fall well under margin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Well, actually... that was a bet between me and her. I feel kind of bad about it. We were on the roof to have a good vantage view, and she said the dumpster would be fine exit in an emergency. I said it wouldn't, she said it would... and then I put money on it, and she jumped."
"Well I guess I'm lucky that I'm more risk averse than her. Or less of an acrobat. Probably both."
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 09:02 AM   #113
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"I would look upon the mystic source of these enchantments. Please, show me the other chambers... I must see the full context of the enchantment before interceeding."

Vassarious maintains a pleasant and 'angelic' tone, conveying a sense of warmth, despite speaking in a stark formality...

She adopts a falsehood as truth in her imagination and thinks of the forces present as her own entourage to banish any feelings of intimidation that might otherwise show.
The "tour guide" priest looks confused: "which other chambers? I am not sure of what you are talking about."


He is intentionally being obtuse.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll go with maybe a third to half my time, for maybe a week.
Ok... we'll roll at the end of that time.
Quote:
"Well I guess learning would beat walking everywhere."

This calls for a roll, I guess.

Well, it doesn't look good, but I suppose once you add TDM it should fall well under margin.
Halcyone manages not to crash into anything, but isn't picking up driving nearly as quickly as she would have hoped. Thelodox is fairly patient with her, and says he hopes they will soon move on to actually navigating traffic... which will be harder to practice.

Quote:
"Well I guess I'm lucky that I'm more risk averse than her. Or less of an acrobat. Probably both."
"We'll see. I haven't dared you to do anything yet!"


As Thelodux is driving the General to a place to eat, General Rubrum leans over the Halcyone. "Miss, I hear you came from Verdaze. How do you like the desert!" He chuckles to himself. "They always pass on a doctored picture to us. How is the rebellion there going, really? They still confident the emperor is going to stay asleep?"


After the Dinner, Rubrum has Thelodux make a detour to a hospital, and asks to see Alexa, the injured bodyguard you are substituting for. How will you be securing this hospital visit?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 11:59 AM   #114
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
As Thelodux is driving the General to a place to eat, General Rubrum leans over the Halcyone. "Miss, I hear you came from Verdaze. How do you like the desert!" He chuckles to himself. "They always pass on a doctored picture to us. How is the rebellion there going, really? They still confident the emperor is going to stay asleep?"
I'll present a reasonably accurate picture from my research earlier, peppering it with anecdotes the same way I did with Thelo earlier. With regard to confidence in the emperor, I'll say:
"More or less. Some people find it quite odd that the Emperor is staying asleep for so long, but they tend to keep to themselves about it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
After the Dinner, Rubrum has Thelodux make a detour to a hospital, and asks to see Alexa, the injured bodyguard you are substituting for. How will you be securing this hospital visit?
How was dinner? Is food on Verdaze as awful as they say?

Alright; I think it should pretty simple. We'll have one of us with the General at all times (to keep him safe in case something happens), and another wherever the General will be next (to case the area for potential threats). I'll volunteer myself to case ahead, though the general has the final say. In either case I'll be keeping my eyes peeled.

Quote:
[66] 21-08-11 18:58:13 BST
Observation
3d6 <= 16
5 + 3 + 2 = 10 ... success
[67] 21-08-11 18:58:44 BST
Danger Sense
3d6 <= 16
1 + 6 + 3 = 10 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 02:48 PM   #115
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The "tour guide" priest looks confused: "which other chambers? I am not sure of what you are talking about."


He is intentionally being obtuse.
From what Vassarious sees here, can they guestimate where a power source might need to be?

The angel cocks her head so very minutely that only the very observant would notice the body language.

"Pay that no worry. A person cannot be expected to know everything. I'm sure I can find it... or perhaps there is someone more knowledgeable?"
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 08:30 AM   #116
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll present a reasonably accurate picture from my research earlier, peppering it with anecdotes the same way I did with Thelo earlier. With regard to confidence in the emperor, I'll say:
"More or less. Some people find it quite odd that the Emperor is staying asleep for so long, but they tend to keep to themselves about it."
"So they're suppressing any worries with public pressure. Hmmph"


Quote:
How was dinner? Is food on Verdaze as awful as they say?
The food is better than the military stuff you've been eating. But this is a fairly exclusive place mostly frequented by the brass: you get leftovers from the kitchen to eat on the way to the hospital. Its good food, if a bit greasy.


Quote:
Alright; I think it should pretty simple. We'll have one of us with the General at all times (to keep him safe in case something happens), and another wherever the General will be next (to case the area for potential threats). I'll volunteer myself to case ahead, though the general has the final say. In either case I'll be keeping my eyes peeled.

That's what I needed to know.



As you are sweeping ahead, a man in a hospital bed with several bandages and covered in wires and tubes suddenly sits up and points "Its Her! The woman to watch for! The tentacled herald of beyond! You found me!"



Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
From what Vassarious sees here, can they guestimate where a power source might need to be?
At least some of the priests are trained in this architecture. You don't know if any of them are present. On the other hand, the location of the power source is simple: its the very center of the complex.


Quote:
The angel cocks her head so very minutely that only the very observant would notice the body language.

"Pay that no worry. A person cannot be expected to know everything. I'm sure I can find it... or perhaps there is someone more knowledgeable?"
The Guiding priest bows his apology. "We have no expert here. Would you allow us to fetch an architectural expert?"


Vassarious's danger sense is tingling. They have no intention of letting her anywhere near this power center, and she's shown herself to be a threat somehow. She expects a fight soon.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:45 AM   #117
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
As you are sweeping ahead, a man in a hospital bed with several bandages and covered in wires and tubes suddenly sits up and points "Its Her! The woman to watch for! The tentacled herald of beyond! You found me!"
How far ahead of the general am I? Did anyone else witness this?
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:48 AM   #118
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
How far ahead of the general am I? Did anyone else witness this?
There is an inconvenient nurse in the hall, who may or may not have heard something. You are about 20 yards in front of the general.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 02:08 PM   #119
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
There is an inconvenient nurse in the hall, who may or may not have heard something. You are about 20 yards in front of the general.
How far ahead is the destination? Would it be practical to doubleback after leading the general to his destination? Could I possibly delay the general without it being suspicious? There's no plausible explanation for this, right?

In either case I'll play it off like I didn't even notice the patient:
Quote:
[68] 21-08-12 21:07:17 BST
Acting
3d6 <= 15
5 + 3 + 6 = 14 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 07:26 AM   #120
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
How far ahead is the destination? Would it be practical to doubleback after leading the general to his destination? Could I possibly delay the general without it being suspicious? There's no plausible explanation for this, right?
Destination is another 20 yards ahead. Doubling back is practical. Delaying the general while you check out a potential threat is quite possible (you can even say you had to make sure a man muttering insane statements wasn't a threat). There is no obvious mundane explanation, I suppose...


Quote:
In either case I'll play it off like I didn't even notice the patient:
The patient wavers in his confidence: "You are her, aren't you? He showed me you..." He lays back down "please be her."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.