Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 08-31-2021, 05:06 PM   #1
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Tower of the Moon: Coming Sept 3 for TFT

Gaming Ballistic is proud to announce that the product campaign for Tower of the Moon, a new TFT adventure by David Pulver, will launch this Friday, September 3.

The adventure is written, edited, laid out, the art is complete, and the PDF is hyperlinked. What’s left to do?

Nothing. That’s why we’re skipping Kickstarter and jumping right to Backerkit. Right now, this Backerkit Landing Page will allow you to sign up for more notifications, such as when the Backerkit store opens on Friday morning (roughly 8am Central Time).

This is an experiment, both to test out the capabilities of Backerkit Launch, as well as to offer “immediate gratification” for products that are finished. This page here on my blog substitutes for the usual campaign page found on Kickstarter. I hope you join me, and spread the word!
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 10:42 AM   #2
DouglasCole

Default Re: Tower of the Moon: Coming Sept 3 for TFT

The Product Launch campaign for Tower of the Moon, a new 16-page Gothic horror adventure, is now live!

It comes in versions for both The Fantasy Trip and Swords and Wizardry

You can browse Gaming Ballistic’s entire product catalog, more or less, on the Backerkit “pre-order” store, as well as select items (in limited quantities) from Steve Jackson Games (dice, GM screen, and some of the core books and sets). There are also a few Dragon Heresy and D&D-based items on sale as well.

A few things have come up as we launch this somewhat unique direct-to-Backerkit campaign as we’re an hour or so into it.

PDF Availability: There ARE PDFs available for nearly everything. You might just need to scroll down a bit. The Tower of the Moon PDF is way down in the TFT section. At the end, due to the vagaries of the alphabet.

International Physical Shipping: There is, regrettably, no international shipping of physical goods for this campaign. Please scroll down to No International Shipping…Yet at the Gaming Ballistic Website for why, and more details on how I hope to navigate this in the future.

You can find very (!!) detailed information including live links to all products at the Tower of the Moon Campaign Page on my website. One of the downsides to the Backerkit-only launch is that all the detailed information is in a different place than the web store.

To find out more, including live links at the individual item level, jump to the

Gaming Ballistic Tower of the Moon Info Page

You can also

Jump right to the pre-order page

I’m really curious to see how this project does, for many reasons, including trying out the "unlockable add-on" feature that might be a key step in dealing with international physical print orders.
Old 09-11-2021, 10:45 AM   #3
DouglasCole

Tower of the Moon Shipping and Stock Update

Everyone who has pre-ordered books has their PDFs available by download within a day. Once the orders are locked and cards charged, you can get your files.
  • I have packed up and shipped out something like 88 books.
  • I have six more ready to go, labels and all.
  • I ran out of labels.
  • I also ran out of flat mailers, but I got my restock yesterday, so that'll carry me through the next wave of books.
  • I am out of Tower of the Moon books, but am expecting 100 more on Wednesday ... and since I'm 2/3 sold through that box as well, I just ordered 100 MORE five minutes ago.
  • I am awaiting a set of hardcopy files from Thomas and David; when I get those I suspect it will be about 10 days before I can start getting the OSR books out as well
  • I've ordered the first wave of SJGames stuff - like TFT hardcovers and dice - and expect that on Monday

That's about it. By the end of next week, with labels and books and boxes and dice in hand, I should be able to clear out most of the orders out. I may even take a few more steps, come to think of it.

Thus far, a bit over a week in, we have 250 orders. My goal is to hit around 450, which is 80% of the lowest Kickstarter backer count to date. Obviously more is better.

Thoughts to Date

Thus far, response has been "wait, it's shipped already?!" which was basically the point.

No reviews or comments on the PDF that come to mind yet.

Response the first week has been good; not sure I'll get the "last week surge" that is so common with Kickstarter. There's no reason to wait, nor is there really an "ACT NOW!" impetus.

Total sales count is critical, so in the end, a short Kickstarter followed by the same Backerkit phase might well be the right answer. Not sure.
Old 09-17-2021, 04:20 PM   #4
DouglasCole

We've reached the halfway point in the Tower of the Moon Product Launch.

Almost every order placed to date has already been shipped out, with the exception of the OSR/Swords and Wizardy book, which is still being assembled and revised. All part of an experiment to reduce the time it takes to get product in your hands. Orders are arriving in backers' hands each day, before the campaign is even over. So...working so far!

I hope you'll support the little experiment. Thus far, people seem to be pleased. On the Gaming Ballistic Blog, a supporter left this mini review, which is all David and could hope for:

Quote:
"Clever mixing of various gothic horror tropes (captive needing rescue in a tower, scheming undead villain, werewolves) to create a satisfyingly rich adventure. Plenty to do: treasure to gain, some more challenging to carry out and sell; a mercenary rival party to deal with; items with which one can interact for weal or woe; imaginative magic to find; rousing combats to win. A delightful cover illustration, nice clear maps and helpful repeats of individual levels in the text, appropriate interior art.

Universal themes, adaptable to other systems. Highly recommended."
I hope that you'll consider supporting the product, and the experiment!

Check it out!

or

Jump right to the ORDER page
Old 09-30-2021, 02:26 PM   #5
DouglasCole

The Tower of the Moon campaign ends tonight.

However ... I am pleased to report that as soon as I shuttle this current batch of books to USPS, that 100% of packages and PDFs will have gone out to the customers.

On the day the campaign ends.

That's a record for me. :-)
Old 10-02-2021, 12:39 PM   #6
mehrkat

Hi I bought tower of the moon on backerkit but never got the pdf
Old 10-02-2021, 08:59 PM   #7
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrkat View Post
Hi I bought tower of the moon on backerkit but never got the pdf
The download links are sent automatically by Backerkit. That probably means it went to spam.

Email me at gamingballisticllc at gmail.com and I’ll resend the link.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:13 PM   #8
letatcestmoi

It’s a really good looking adventure. I’m hoping to get a one shot adventure night on Halloween.
letatcestmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 02:07 PM   #9
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by letatcestmoi View Post
It’s a really good looking adventure. I’m hoping to get a one shot adventure night on Halloween.
I think this is a good choice for a Spooky-Day one-shot.
Old 10-09-2021, 09:03 AM   #10
larsdangly

Agreed; this is an exceptional horror adventure, well suited for dropping into most any campaign.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote