Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-18-2013, 01:42 AM   #1
CLINE_28

Default Munchkin Mega Case of Holding Stuff.

Calling all SJ game brains we need a Munchkin Mega Case of Holding Stuff.

We need a English card case, similar to the German Sammlerkoffer, filled with all kinds of Munchkin goodness.

I think this would be a great Kickstarter project. Since the Mega Case would have the largest price tag for a stand alone item in the Munchkin product line. With a lager price tag it gives you more room to have special pledge price ranges. It also allows for a larger profit margin with the Kickstarter's fees and any other fees that a project like this encounter. A Kickstarter project could also allow some consumer input much like the Ogre project.

The Ogre Kickstarter was a huge success for SJ Games. I don't think the Mega Case could possibly fail with the massive Munchkin following.
CLINE_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:40 AM   #2
emillang1000

Default Re: Munchkin Mega Case of Holding Stuff.

That case would be gargantuan. And, made out of wood/plastic/"something resilient enough to support all that stuff", would cost a lot. A LOT.

The Sammelboxen that were released in Germany is significantly bigger than the Sammelkoffer, being a wooden box vs. a briefcase respectively, and even the Boxen gets filled up with everything now.

The problem is that they're constantly putting out new stuff. To accomodate EVERYTHING, and planning on more cards printed, you'd need to build the box such that there would be space for approximately 5000 cards, plus space for other merch like Kill-O-Meters, Pawns/Babes, boards, Dungeon cards, etc.

3000-card cardboard boxes are already a monstrosity to transport. And the Sammelboxen aren't exactly "portable" either. My own custom-made wooden box is BARELY portable (fits into most backpacks, even if it DOES weigh about 10lbs when fully loaded), but it only has space for about 1500 cards or so, which is JUST Fantasy Munchkin + variants.

Additionally, I'd imagine something made out of plastic like that would cost well over $50, and if you made it out of a better material like wood it'd top $100 a piece.

While I like the thought, it's probably never going to happen, just 'cause it isn't feasible in ANY manner to create one - not enough people are going to spend a LOT of money on a case which will likely rarely (if ever) leave their houses.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:36 AM   #3
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by emillang1000 View Post
To accomodate EVERYTHING, and planning on more cards printed, you'd need to build the box such that there would be space for approximately 5000 cards,
That wouldn't nearly be enough for everything we've done plus everything on the 2013-2015 schedules so far.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:51 AM   #4
CLINE_28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
That wouldn't nearly be enough for everything we've done plus everything on the 2013-2015 schedules so far.
It may need to be turned into a Munchkin Mega Suit Case of Holding Stuff..
CLINE_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:18 AM   #5
LordArach

It doesn't look like third-party game accessories do very well on Kickstarter.

Praise "Bob"!
LordArach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #6
RL

I have two Sammlerkoffers, and they are sufficient for the foreseeable future, regardless of what SJ Games has planned for the next few years. They were freaking expensive, though, and I ended up trading a lot of stuff for them.

I agree with the OP in that it would be nice to see something from SJ Games along the lines of a Sammlerkoffer or Sammlerbox. I also agree with the other posts that it wouldn't have to be all-encompassing (the Sammlerchest?). Something modular would be okay. But the boxes of holding are just too small for me. And if I'm going to hold my collection in cardboard boxes, I can buy those from a sports card store in sizes that are much better at holding my collection.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
Donovan

From the various descriptions I would call it the Munchkin Toolbox of holding.

if sjgames did license such a thing, there are probably companies that make similar to what's being requested.
Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #8
HPmunchcraft

I don't need a box that holds everything but something that could hold all my fantasy munchkins cards would be nice
HPmunchcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #9
Blazinjsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPmunchcraft View Post
I don't need a box that holds everything but something that could hold all my fantasy munchkins cards would be nice
Just get 2 Sammlerkoffers, 1 for fantasy, 1 for everything else

Check out my trades ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 🍕
Blazinjsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #10
jvacca1

I have the base sets [apart from Conan and Fantasy] in their original boxes. I have all Fantasy cards in this Holiday Magic box from this past christmas, with the dividers I bought it works fine for the time being, but once Pathfinder is out that won't fit in. And then I have a toolbox trading card case I have from my childhood, that was used for Hockey Cards for all other set expansions. A second (and possibly a third) of that one would be ideal in my mind, but the company who made it [which was local] has been out of business for over 15 years. Sigh.

They should sell the Munchkin Car of Holding $20,000 for a car with the trunk a card organizer with like 15,000 exclusive cards.
jvacca1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kickstarter, mega case, munchkin, ogre, sammlerkoffer