Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-20-2021, 03:04 PM   #131
Hide

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Using his powers to illuminate the place, Bain searches for traps (SL 12+1) after Gathika checks for magic threats and signals it is OK to advance. He takes his time to ensure at least the entrance is safe. Then he tries proceeding to take his nap.
Old 04-20-2021, 03:05 PM   #132
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
Whoaaaa! Do you mean this Gathika is just too heavy for the elementals? THAT’S MEAN COMRADE TELRITH! Then I guess I will have to walk behind them (=;^;=)S

Besides the previous spells, Gathika casts detect magic (SL 14) in the area (including the door). She uses recover energy afterwards.

Comrades... maybe we will need check the door for normal traps and open it before we start the fire (MEOW).

This last “MEOW” sounds deliberately kind of retarded.

Baaaain please check the door before you go to sleep.

Then Gathika pokes Vic and says:

Grave diggers deal with coffins too, right? Maybe this door is like a coffin you can open?
Oh tame one, these seem to be niches, they must be filled with bodies and or ashes, I think we should open them after combat, lest we unleash a curse upon ourselves.

Gathika can you read the text outside? I can open de door for you no problem

Last edited by vicious Violence; 04-20-2021 at 03:09 PM.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:01 AM   #133
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Using his powers to illuminate the place, Bain searches for traps (SL 12+1) after Gathika checks for magic threats and signals it is OK to advance. He takes his time to ensure at least the entrance is safe. Then he tries proceeding to take his nap.
OOC: Rolled a 10. There are no traps around the cave opening.

Quote:
Besides the previous spells, Gathika casts detect magic (SL 14) in the area (including the door). She uses recover energy afterwards.
OOC: Rolled a 14. Mark off the cost of the spell. There is no magic at work around the cave entrance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
He will use camouflage (SL 16) to prevent attack surprises against him, taking advantage of his deep-sleeper perk to get back to action when needed.
OOC: Rolled a 7. Note the margin of success for later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
Vic rolls for survival (SL 15) to set up the fire. I think the best option is to focus on cave #2, seeing as it has the most trophies on display. Blocking the passage of water and flooding the most caves is a great idea. I am guessing setting everything up will take up most of the nighttime.
OOC: Rolled 16. You do not get a fire going or black the passage of water right...You can try again (and roll again) in 4 in-game hours.

Quote:
Gathika will cast Detect Poison (SL 14) on the goblin waters to find harmful substances. Then she will use Gift of Letters (SL 13) to read the message at cave 2; she also wonders if the skull from the last battle resembles the ones at the entrance. Finally she will use recover energy (SL 15) to get ther mana back.
OOC: Rolled 16, 14. Mark two FP for the failed spells. The skull from before does not resemble the severed heads here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
what language is the chalk inscription in? can we read it?
The chalk message features Common letters. Reading it is impossible, the message has been ruined by exposure, scuffing and water.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:10 AM   #134
vicious Violence

I would like to roll LUCK for the survival skill, as setting up the fire and blocking the water is primordial. Afterwards regardless of result I would like to roll FORCED ENTRE (sl 12) with extra effort (+1) to open the door.

addendum, I would like to check if the door is closed before using forced entry, just in case it is open.

Last edited by vicious Violence; 04-21-2021 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:21 AM   #135
ajardoor

Quote:
I would like to roll LUCK for the survival skill, as setting up the fire and blocking the water is primordial. Afterwards regardless of result I would like to roll FORCED ENTRE (sl 12) with extra effort (+1) to open the door.

addendum, I would like to check if the door is closed before using forced entry, just in case it is open.
The cave number 2 door is unlocked.

As for the Survival roll, thanks to Bain's unfortunate misstep, you'll suffer a -2, even in the rerolls.
Rerolls are 13 and 13. Your Luck recharges in 24 hours.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:05 PM   #136
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
The cave number 2 door is unlocked.

As for the Survival roll, thanks to Bain's unfortunate misstep, you'll suffer a -2, even in the rerolls.
Rerolls are 13 and 13. Your Luck recharges in 24 hours.
Vic barely gets the fire going and opens the door, is there anything he can see before the smoke gets too thick.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:10 PM   #137
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
(...) Rolled a 18! (...)
Since Vicious failed to light the fire in his first try, Bain lends him a hand. As they work with the fire, Bain tells this folktale about an elven magician who once set fire to "The Rain".

The battlefield was bleak, her side was losing.
It was dark and she was done, so she let it fall, her heart.
The magician set fire to The Rain and threw herself into the flames.
When it fell everyone died.

The Rain, by the way, is the name of a lost catacomb in Avalon.

So, why don’t we check if the Goblin Water is fuel?

And so, Bain pours Goblin Waters on the fire… Which in turn, almost spoils the fire they have been trying to light. Bain realizes quickly enough to stop, but the flame stays alive thanks to Vicious’ efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) Folks, where are we trying to light the fire?
Right in the spot where the cave-opening sucks all of the smoke!
Old 04-21-2021, 06:10 PM   #138
ajardoor

Quote:
Vic barely gets the fire going and opens the door, is there anything he can see before the smoke gets too thick.
Vic sees that the cave before him appears rather settled - its stone walls are cut into neat corridors, a passageway off to the right side, a bigger room past the left corner, and another room at the back-right. Footprints, recent ones, are on the floor.

OOC: How long are you guys going to wait after the smoke fills the place before going in yourselves? And how exactly do you wish to block the cave opening?
Old 04-22-2021, 11:13 AM   #139
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Whoaaaa! Do you mean this Gathika is just too heavy for the elementals? THAT’S MEAN COMRADE TELRITH! Then I guess I will have to walk behind them (=;^;=)S
"I asked how heavy you were. I didn't call you 'too heavy'. Yet. "

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:04 PM   #140
vicious Violence

I would like to roll Survival (15) to help in the construction of the dirt wall that will keep us safe from attacks, according to the diagram, I think it would span from the front of cave #2.

Last edited by vicious Violence; 04-22-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic