Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2021, 08:56 AM   #641
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The failure by 1 doesn't actually seem to impede Hua. After loading up the shield powder she asks Thibi to excuse her for JUST a second.

She comes upon an officer and four members of security removing the voltmeters from their storage location.
OK, I'll try to find a hiding place where I won't need my photorefraction, then have and illusory person obviously peek at them then rush away in the hopes of drawing some of the security away, then maybe proceeding with a daze and trash strategy.

Quote:
[425] 21-04-19 16:55:02 CEST
Camouflage(?) to hide
3d6 <= 16 : 2 + 4 + 4 = 10 ... success
[426] 21-04-19 16:55:30 CEST
Hologram
3d6 <= 15 : 6 + 1 + 2 = 9 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:20 AM   #642
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Hua ducks behind a corner, and makes her illusion. The men are VERY jumpy, notice the illusion, and immediately take up defensive positions. The four members of security have laser riffles (personal, not the ones you disabled earlier). The (female) officer has a laser pistol. She doesn't draw it though. She pockets the voltmeters and reaches for the comm system, which is nearby. The comm system will only be able to reach two rooms on the ship... but they are the control rooms.



The gaurds are defensive, looking for anything that twitches.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 01:02 PM   #643
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Well that didn't work. Turning invisible again and trying to slip out.

Quote:
[427] 21-04-19 20:58:44 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15 : 3 + 6 + 5 = 14 ... success
[428] 21-04-19 20:58:56 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 5 + 3 + 1 = 9 ... success
I'm guessing that they've probably got the other two or are headed to the next two very soon.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 07:55 AM   #644
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well that didn't work. Turning invisible again and trying to slip out.

Hua is able to leave the security guards and officer.



Hide, I think its time to start the infiltration of officer's quarters.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 01:01 PM   #645
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

With the report ready and her shift finished, Pacifica hastily heads for lunch with Nejora; she looks happy and excited with the results of her job.

We did a great job today, did not we Nejora? I guess it is time to congratulate ourselves and celebrate with a well-deserved meal. If we weren’t in the middle of hyperspace, I would treat you to a steak… so I will pat your back instead.

Since I have Zybo’s papers ready, we are going to make haste and have the quickest of lunches. We will return the dossiers to the chief and probably discuss with him the results of the audit.


Pacifica takes puts the dossiers in a bag (including her report) and heads to lunch with Nejora. After having their meal, they head to Zybo’s place.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:48 AM   #646
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

(Rolled SF (military) to handle the irregular approach of your officer)

Commander Zybo sees Pacifica approach him, and is somewhat surprized at her suggestion that they meet in private, but quickly agrees... he doesn't want this discussion of all things to be overheard. they leave Nejora with the bulk of the section in the command center, and Commander Zybo takes Pacifica to his office, past the security system...
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:45 PM   #647
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) Commander Zybo takes Pacifica to his office, past the security system...
Pacifica walks through the halls following Zybo, collecting as much information as she can: Passwords, security layout, camera positions, etc. The thought of killing Zybo crosses her mind, as this reminds her of her former job. Suddenly the faces of those she has killed in the name of LA QUINTA REPUBLICA come to her, reassuring Pacifica.

Pacifica's Observation:
3d6 <= 14
1 + 4 + 1 = 6 ... success.

(Thinking) I have done this too many times, this is almost scripted: Knife goes in, guts come out; this is my job all about. Let's find what his final destination.

Once at Zybo’s office, Pacifica waits for the officer’s permission to sit and talk. She then turns the dossiers back to Zybo and presents her report, starting with a quote of her report’s summary.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:04 AM   #648
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacfica gets his security code.



Zybo gets into the analysis of the dossiers: he really wants to discover any dreadstormers, as they threaten the ship and possibly the entire war. He makes no mention of Pacifica's sudden change in security status.



If Pacifica shows him the suspicious girl, he'll launch into plans for how to shadow her after hours, and ask for advice.


Is Pacifica going to try and get Daymar in here right now, or is there a different plan for exploiting Zybo's new "Trust"?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:13 PM   #649
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica continues with the presentation of her report and elaborates on the profiles of the potential Dread Stormers. At a certain point she stresses about the importance of teamwork and trust in the ship, and how it has been a foundation for the results she is presenting…

… Since the Dread Stormers made themselves present, we have been on alert, taking note of the rumours and odd events in our ship; my colleagues and I have been striving for sight beyond sight. And Sir, this takes to us an important matter: I have unconfirmed information regarding the engine section. It seems somebody has been spoiling the engines, which might lead to a malfunction that might not only compromise our mission, but could also threaten our crew.

Pacifica explains she received the information from Daymar Konic, a mate in the hyperspace team. She tells Zybo she is certain that summoning him might clear most of the questions that could stem from this pressing matter.

Pacifica's fast-talk (Zybo):
3d6 <= 13
5 + 4 + 4 = 13 ... success
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 03:02 PM   #650
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar is eating his lunch when two security guards show up and say they're here for him.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.