Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 05-16-2011, 05:21 PM   #331
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Member House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speusippus View Post
Heh, well, I kind of skipped right to the second to last step there, because there is no one I'm friends with who lives near me who would have the slightest interest in playing this game.
You can probably find someone near you who is and make friends though, Munchkin is ridiculously popular relative to other SJGames. Unless you live in an extremely isolated and low-population area, odds are there's somebody nearby that will be willing to play it. Have you tried the Gamer Finder?
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #332
Speusippus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
You can probably find someone near you who is and make friends though, Munchkin is ridiculously popular relative to other SJGames. Unless you live in an extremely isolated and low-population area, odds are there's somebody nearby that will be willing to play it. Have you tried the Gamer Finder?
No yeah, I probably could you're right--

Family and work responsibilities prevent it. :(
Speusippus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #333
mindflare77

Hey all. Just picked up my first copy of Munchkin (been playing Munchkin and Super Munchkin at some game nights with friends otherwise), and some house rules we've agreed on...

1. No Wandering Monster cards. Got a monster and want to screw someone over (or just stop them from winning)? Play it. No discards required. Endgame becomes ridiculous.

2. Can play Super Munchkin/Half-Breed/One-third Breed/etc at any time, regardless of if you can fill it out or not.

And having read through all of these, I'm definitely liking the one about being able to go beyond level 10, but still needing to win a combat (or have Divine Intervention, or what have you) to win. May add that, and/or try to get a game of Epic going...

/addicted
mindflare77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #334
bonetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindflare77 View Post
Hey all. Just picked up my first copy of Munchkin (been playing Munchkin and Super Munchkin at some game nights with friends otherwise), and some house rules we've agreed on...

1. No Wandering Monster cards. Got a monster and want to screw someone over (or just stop them from winning)? Play it. No discards required. Endgame becomes ridiculous.
May I suggest that, instead of making a couple cards useless in the deck, use Wandering Monster cards as Enhancers? The Monster gets +5 plus one Treasure (or, for even more backstabbing, no extra Treasures)
MiB: #1602
bonetm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #335
Brf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindflare77 View Post
2. Can play Super Munchkin/Half-Breed/One-third Breed/etc at any time, regardless of if you can fill it out or not.
You already do not have to "fill out" those cards. You can play them as long as you have a single race or class, as appropriate for the card.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #336
DrBlowhole

No helping someone if they don't need help.

We had to make this rule once someone found a way to exploit the Fairy Dust expansion.
DrBlowhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #337
Brf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBlowhole View Post
No helping someone if they don't need help.
That is already a regular rule too. You cannot ask for help, unless you are losing.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #338
Eben

Boyfriend, girlfriend or husband and wife can not help their SO win the game.
Eben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #339
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eben View Post
Boyfriend, girlfriend or husband and wife can not help their SO win the game.
How do you define this? Just that they can't be a helper in a combat when the game is at stake? Or do you restrict them from doing ANYTHING that could be construed as helpful when the SO in question is level 9?
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:48 PM   #340
mindflare77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonetm View Post
May I suggest that, instead of making a couple cards useless in the deck, use Wandering Monster cards as Enhancers? The Monster gets +5 plus one Treasure (or, for even more backstabbing, no extra Treasures)
Oooooh. I like that idea. Definitely bringing that up next time we play, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brf View Post
You already do not have to "fill out" those cards. You can play them as long as you have a single race or class, as appropriate for the card.
Ah. Well in that case, my apologies. It was originally explained to me incorrectly, then.

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 05-24-2011 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Removed "what should I buy next?" tangent
mindflare77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice