Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2024, 01:18 PM   #801
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Royal:"you've certainly confounded us with your stories of where you came from. Go give it a shot."
Well, I don't exactly appreciate them thinking these true things are lies but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Its possible for it to be run as either, I'd think, with different benefits, depending on "tone". The roll is a 10... so a success.
I don't see much of a reason to start off sounding slick, though it is sort of hostile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Is this answer being spoken aloud as well, or summarized to your allies?
Well I assumed Julian would be speaking his telepathic responses aloud, like when he started with the Starpus, uh, yesterday (in-game).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Seven: "She says 'We took good care of them'.
"You 'took good care of them'? Maybe so, but they aren't your pets. They are people, who perform a tremendously valuable service. If they want to take a vacation, or decide on the destination of the ships sometimes, it should be up to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
And she wants to know who is maddest.
"Hungry Singer seemed pretty mad."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
And she wants to know who are you working for.
This I will not say as an astropic:
"I doubt she'll be happy with, 'the Panogan rebels'. Give me a plausible alternative."

Unless Royal or someone gives me a reason not to lie, I'll tell her the organization.
Quote:
[174] 24-01-25 15:03:49 CET

Luck FastTalk

3d6 <= 13
1: 4 + 6 + 5 = 15 ... failure
2: 2 + 6 + 5 = 13 ... success

sum: 28, average: 14.00, success: 1/2 50%
w ddd
ddd

[173] 24-01-25 15:02:56 CET

Fast-Talk

3d6 <= 13
6 + 2 + 6 = 14 ... failure
brutal dice luck, luck spent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
And she says 'messages slow'. I think she's complaining about how slow she is when she's multitasking."

Seven: "Royal: She's headed off the path. They aren't headed towards you anymore."
"Hopefully this is a sign she's somewhat receptive."

Last edited by TGLS; 01-25-2024 at 07:05 AM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 02:10 PM   #802
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
brutal dice luck, luck spent
I already rolled for this conversation, we're still playing the 10 out. Save your luck.



Quote:
This I will not say as an astropic:
"I doubt she'll be happy with, 'the Panogan rebels'. Give me a plausible alternative."

Unless Royal or someone gives me a reason not to lie, I'll tell her the organization.
Royal: "Would she be more happy with 'Skilled Theives'? I suppose you could be working with Earth, with one of the other colonies out there, or be detractors from among the Astropics themselves. There are two possible motivations here, Trying to liberate the starpus, or obtaining them for ourselves. But don't spin a story bigger than you can handle."

Quote:
"Hopefully this is a sign she's somewhat receptive."
Seven: "At least somewhat... and you've already dragged them all over the place."


Seven: "She wants to know if you actually have a plan for getting off the station."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 04:10 PM   #803
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I already rolled for this conversation, we're still playing the 10 out. Save your luck.
K
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Royal: "Would she be more happy with 'Skilled Theives'? I suppose you could be working with Earth, with one of the other colonies out there, or be detractors from among the Astropics themselves. There are two possible motivations here, Trying to liberate the starpus, or obtaining them for ourselves. But don't spin a story bigger than you can handle."
You know what? Let's forget naming the client. "Well, somebody's willing to pay to break the Concordance's monopoly, and the Starpus is going to get a fatter cut than just food and shelter this time. But yeah, we're in it for ourselves."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Seven: "At least somewhat... and you've already dragged them all over the place."

Seven: "She wants to know if you actually have a plan for getting off the station."
"Not with all this security around."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 09:55 AM   #804
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
You know what? Let's forget naming the client. "Well, somebody's willing to pay to break the Concordance's monopoly, and the Starpus is going to get a fatter cut than just food and shelter this time. But yeah, we're in it for ourselves."
Seven: "She says 'I see', and she wants to know how you got involved."
Royal: "We need her to trust us just enough to stop her from following us."

Quote:
"Not with all this security around."
Seven: "she says then why are you talking to me?"
Royal: "Don't tell her we're desperate. Try and get her to do things. And indicate we have something in the works. Might be time to switch over to offering money. Or try and work the guilt angle a bit more. She's still wandering."


Seven: "She's asking What you are. are you old concordance? do they know about you?"
Royal: "Do we even want to answer that one?
Florence: "How can we not?"
Royal: "We can flat out refuse. That's valuable information. use it as leverage."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 11:26 AM   #805
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Seven: "She says 'I see', and she wants to know how you got involved."
I rather not explain the whole kidnapping thing. "Well... I was made an offer and I took it."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Royal: "We need her to trust us just enough to stop her from following us."

Seven: "she says then why are you talking to me?"
Royal: "Don't tell her we're desperate. Try and get her to do things. And indicate we have something in the works. Might be time to switch over to offering money. Or try and work the guilt angle a bit more. She's still wandering."
"Well, we have some plans we could try, but they won't work if you keep chasing us around."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Seven: "She's asking What you are. are you old concordance? do they know about you?"
"What's old Concordance?"

I guess it could be a weird turn of phrase to say, used to work for the Concordance, but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Royal: "Do we even want to answer that one?
I'm not sure how to give a straight answer to the first without giving this one away.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 01:58 PM   #806
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
It was kinda strained having Julian be the one to negotiate with the Starpus, but at least there the case could be made that as the one who was speaking directly it made sense for him to be in control. Here, it's kinda backwards. I can think of explanations why, but they have implications about the setting and/or Reena.

And to be fair, I wouldn't really mind if negotiation control was taken away from Julian.
He's still the one speaking directly... but there is a two way channel now via the site now. I'll have Royal take a little more control.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I rather not explain the whole kidnapping thing. "Well... I was made an offer and I took it."

"Well, we have some plans we could try, but they won't work if you keep chasing us around."
Seven: "She says its her job to look for us."
Florence: "Can we lead them to some of our old sites?"
Slam: "And maybe set a bomb off while they're looking?"
Royal: "We do need to give her somewhere to go. Are your legs holding out Julian? we could send her running all over the station. That won't last forever though. Maybe if we leave the screamer somewhere it will help them."
Slam: "We've got to take out the seeker.*"
Florence: "We probably do. Do you have a way to do it?"
Slam: "The bombs."
Florence: "That could work. A shame to kill our new little contact. Seven and I will buy some time. Offer her some money. Or even an exit. If I can get her as an additional astropic... that'd be valuable."



*note: "screamer" is the weapon that takes out astropics, seeker is the new thing they're tracking you with.... unless I messed that up. just highlighting there are two different creatures involved here.



Quote:

"What's old Concordance?"

I guess it could be a weird turn of phrase to say, used to work for the Concordance, but...
That's me. Mr. Weird turn of phrase. Yes, she's asking if you used to work for the concordance.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 05:30 PM   #807
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Seven: "She says its her job to look for us."
Florence: "Can we lead them to some of our old sites?"
Slam: "And maybe set a bomb off while they're looking?"
Royal: "We do need to give her somewhere to go. Are your legs holding out Julian? we could send her running all over the station. That won't last forever though. Maybe if we leave the screamer somewhere it will help them."
Quote:
[175] 24-01-31 01:28:28 CET
Hiking
3d6 <= 11
5 + 2 + 2 = 9 ... success
"I've walked more than this before."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Slam: "We've got to take out the seeker.*"
Florence: "We probably do. Do you have a way to do it?"
Slam: "The bombs."
Florence: "That could work. A shame to kill our new little contact. Seven and I will buy some time. Offer her some money. Or even an exit. If I can get her as an additional astropic... that'd be valuable."
"Bombs?! What? How big?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
That's me. Mr. Weird turn of phrase. Yes, she's asking if you used to work for the concordance.
"... No, I haven't worked for the concordance."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 10:43 AM   #808
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I've walked more than this before."
Royal: "Good. Tell us if you loose energy."

OCC: I like how both boys have hiking.
Quote:
"Bombs?! What? How big?"
Slam: "I don't know. I'd have to rig them up. Just big enough to kill the tracker and make them move slowly when tracking us."

Quote:
"... No, I haven't worked for the concordance."
There is no response to that.

Royal says that they'll take over the conversation. They want Julian to head back to the tank by a moderately indirect route. "We'll try to set up something with a screamer. come over here and practice combat with one. We need all the advantage we can get. If we can turn Reena, fine. If not, we'll lead the concordance into a trap.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 12:45 PM   #809
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Slam: "I don't know. I'd have to rig them up. Just big enough to kill the tracker and make them move slowly when tracking us."
Just a couple people... Just Concordance people... And they're bad guys...

Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Royal says that they'll take over the conversation. They want Julian to head back to the tank by a moderately indirect route. "We'll try to set up something with a screamer. come over here and practice combat with one. We need all the advantage we can get. If we can turn Reena, fine. If not, we'll lead the concordance into a trap."
I keep my uncertainties to myself and head back to the tank. "A trap with a bomb?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 08:09 AM   #810
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I keep my uncertainties to myself and head back to the tank. "A trap with a bomb?
Royal: "That's an option, but we're leaning away from it. Or making it just a part of it. Though a lot depends on if you can provide us with a solid weapon."


Julian comes back to the tank with the screamers. They are still quite agitated. Florence is there, with a bag of medical supplies.


Florence: "Royal wants you to try out the astropic attack you thought you could do on the screamers. I'm here in case they fight back and you need to be revived or moved."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lost in dreams

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.