Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2022, 07:06 AM   #491
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

"That might be. So... what are you, and ... what are these allies I can't imagine? Are there more of you? You could kill me right now, so a good two dozen of you might be able to turn the tide.... but why do you want to help us? Why aren't you siding with the rest of the emperor's creations?"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 07:32 AM   #492
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

"My vaguery is not something I can banish here, you must accompany me. The need for the utmost secrecy is paramount until we can travel to a place of security. Then all can be made clear to you. For now, I can at least assure you, I am no creation of the Emporer."
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 07:38 AM   #493
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

"Where is this place of secrecy? lead on!"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 07:50 AM   #494
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious picks up the pen and uses the non-writing end to point to a place on the map a bit closer to the caves than they are. "I have one other to collect. Meet me here in three hours..." (Vassarious will say more or less time depending on how far the final General is) "And we will make the last leg of the journey together."

And Vassarious will then go get the last General and bring them back to rendevous and proceed into the caves together.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 08:04 AM   #495
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
(Vassarious will say more or less time depending on how far the final General is)
It's a five hour plane ride each way....
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 10:11 AM   #496
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

...

Okay, I guess I'll do them one at a time then and bring this one in and go get the other so there is no chance of them telling the wrong person while I'm running between them...
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 12:51 PM   #497
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Oh, I should have read that skill description first...

The pickpocket attempt works: Petracus is so enamored by your hand touching his arm that he doesn't notice your tentacle touching his wallet. Attention to detail has been overcome by attention to pretty face.
OK. Let's continue. I'll tell Petracus I need to head to the bathroom to freshen up. Hopefully he doesn't go to check his phone, or at least this phone. Then I'll slip into a corner out of sight to call the PR firm.
Quote:
[340] 22-02-16 19:46:53 GMT
Memetics!
3d6 <= 15
2 + 4 + 4 = 10 ... success
[341] 22-02-16 19:47:43 GMT
Stealth
3d6 <= 15
5 + 3 + 2 = 10 ... success
Then I'll head back over and slip the phone onto the floor with my foot arm.

--

I think that about covers getting the address, so next would be calling up all the maid services.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 05:28 AM   #498
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
...

Okay, I guess I'll do them one at a time then and bring this one in and go get the other so there is no chance of them telling the wrong person while I'm running between them...
Randicol is surprised at the request to go to the cave, but with some assurance that its necessary for secrecy, he agrees to go, and journeys to the front near the caves.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK. Let's continue. I'll tell Petracus I need to head to the bathroom to freshen up. Hopefully he doesn't go to check his phone, or at least this phone. Then I'll slip into a corner out of sight to call the PR firm.

Then I'll head back over and slip the phone onto the floor with my foot arm.

I think that about covers getting the address, so next would be calling up all the maid services.

Go ahead and do so. What Item will you claim to have lost, and what will you do if the office offers to contact the maid themselves and pass on the information?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 08:06 AM   #499
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

(( If we take a step back... can Randicol send word to the remaining General to meet us en-route, rather than having to do every invitation separately?))
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 08:16 AM   #500
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Go ahead and do so. What Item will you claim to have lost, and what will you do if the office offers to contact the maid themselves and pass on the information?
I'll just assume it's a gimmie as to eventually contacting the correct office.

...

OK, instead of making up a story that I lost something, I'll say I have something belonging to a maid at the address. I'll pick out a generic enough name so that I'll probably get a result. I'll try to be vague and evasive as to what it is, "it's a garment", "I don't want to embarrass her further", etc. And I'll try to emphasize that I want to apologize for the way I was reacting, "I was a bit drunk", etc.

Quote:
[342] 22-02-17 15:15:40 GMT
Intuition (for the name)
3d6 <= 16
1 + 1 + 6 = 8 ... success
[343] 22-02-17 15:16:05 GMT
Acting (to sell the story)
3d6 <= 15
3 + 4 + 4 = 11 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.