Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
Harry O'Gane

Default [IC] The Detroit Blues

The Detroit Blues:
Issue #1: Rodeos, Cowboys and Whole 'Lotta Love

Front Cover:

A helicopter view of Detroit in 1985. The sun from the upper right corner shines brightly on the city, and the shine reflects back from the Detroit River. There are no clouds, and it seems like it is summer.

---

Frame #1:

Two police cars are parked near the Detroit River. Stony shore can also be seen, as they are parked not far from it. The sun is scorching the earth, and it seems as it is very hot outside.

Frame #2:

Two policemen are dragging out a corpse from the river. It seems as if the corpse was found by a jogger who is talking to a third policeman, who is holding a paper block and a pen, noting down what the jogger is dictating. The corpse is of a middle-aged man in a purple suit. His face is colourless.

The fourth policeman is in the car, reporting to the station.

(OOC: Feel free to arrive at any time with your PCs, in whichever way you want to. All of you are aware of the situation that a body was found at this site. You all start with 5 FraPs. You may use more than one frame for now, but only if you want to give a bit of credit to roleplaying. Once in combat or anything similar, the rules are going to become a bit more strict. Have fun :))
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #2
Epic Kobold

Default Re: [IC] The Detroit Blues

Let me see if I can hit the style you're shooting for...
Frame#3
A continuation of frame #2, detective knight stands nearby watching the body being pulled out, he's wearing a brown suit without the jacket and a pair of sunglasses. He grimaces at the scene over a styrofoam cup.

Text box at the top of the frame: Of course the jogger had to wait until I was in the middle of breakfast to call in about this clown in a pimp suit who spent the night in the drink. Traffic was more touch and go than open heart surgery on an airplane, it's eight A.M. and already it's hot enough to make me a little jealous of the stiff's morning swim, and I can't decide if the coffee from that stand a block from here tastes more like old garbage or the back seat of my car.

Text box at the lower left segment of frame: It must be Monday.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:55 AM   #3
Skullcrusher

OOC: I'll give this a try

Frame #4:

A Dark Blue 1975 Caprice Classic pulls up behind Detective Knight. Burt climbs out of the drivers seat wearing blue jeans, Nike sneakers a and plan white T-Shirt. He adjusts his Tigers cap and pulls out another piece of Wrigleys. Placing it in his mouth as he clips his holster on his belt and slowly walks up to Knight chomping on his gum. "Nice morning ain't it? What they get another floater?"

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #4
Harry O'Gane

Frame #5:

The policeman who was talking to the jogger is shown approaching to Detective Knight and Johansen. The jogger standing behind him has his hand crossed, looking at the corpse with disbelief.

Frame #6:

A bird view of Knight, Johansen and the policeman who just arrived. The other two cops can be seen in the back, finishing the process of getting the corpse out of the water.

A bubble over the policeman who just came:
"Good mornin' gentlemen. I guess you'll want to talk to the jogger here, but he won't tell ya much, he just found the body. About one hour ago, he says."
Old 09-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
Epic Kobold

Frame 7
Closeup of Knight

"Anyone else around when you found him?"
Old 09-20-2011, 12:08 AM   #6
Harry O'Gane

Frame #8:

A closeup of the policeman. His face can clearly be seen now. He is in his middle 30ies, has lush, dark stashes and eyebrows. His nose is a bit crooked.

"No, Sir. The jogger, Mr... Gricket was the only one who saw the drowner so far."
Old 09-20-2011, 06:28 AM   #7
Epic Kobold

Frame #9

A closeup of a business card exchanging hands.

"If you remember anything else, no matter how small, give me a call. Beyond that, good luck having a nice day."
Old 09-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
Adina

Frame#10

Two more vehicles arrive at the seen. The first is an olive drab jeep. the second is the Medical examiners van. A tall lanky man gets out of the jeep and helps the assistant M.E. with his gurney.

"Not sure why they called me out, not really a crime scene here. Ah well, let me get a set of pictures, Dave, and I'll help you get him loaded."

[Zach taking pictures]

"Any ID on him Dave? Personal effects?"
Adina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:46 AM   #9
Skullcrusher

Frame #11:

Top down view of Detective Johansen viewing the body.

OOC: Can he tell who this person is perhaps using streetwise? Streetwise roll (3d6=16) oh well he failed by 4!

Close up on Johansen stroking his chin and looking perplexed and mutter to himself,"Never seen this guy before." Turning to the jogger he extends his hand and says,"I'm detective Johansen. I understand you ofund the body. Can you please describe the events leading up to the discovery of the body. Any thing unusual or out of the ordinary?"

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #10
Harry O'Gane

Frame #12:

A big frame, taking up one third od the page. On the left side Johansen is seen talking with the jogger. The jogger, wearing a singlet and shorts, having no facial hair and a short hair, says:

"I was joggin' when I noticed the body. I run here three times a day, Sir, and this shocked me completely. I ran back to my home, about 100 yards from here and called the police. "

On the right side, a view of Zach taking pictures. He's leaning over the corpse as he does it.

Frame #13

As he comes closer to the body, he notices that there is actually a wound in the chest of the corpse. Obviously, there is no blood. Probably because the man fell in the water right after being shot.

Tags
detroit, investigation, modern, police, the game