Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-05-2022, 08:30 AM   #791
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well first I'll conceal the bleeding of my missing arm, get dressed, and try to pose as a vagrant or something and wait them out. [Disguise for that, Acting to pretend to be a vagrant]

I'll wait, I dunno, an hour. I'll wonder a little about why they have a tunnel leading out of the basement to begin with.
I think she can just stick that arm down her pants where it usually goes. Roll first aid.

The Knight Shamans pay little attention to the beggar, looking instead for the tentacled monster from who-knows where.

Halcyone's urban survival indicates that the tunnel is there to put great big objects in the basement without using the stairs... like giant blocks of ice.

I think during that hour the speech is going to happen, and we've caught up with V.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:33 AM   #792
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious is shadowing the more violent rabble-rouser from the speech...

Did we plan a check-in?
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 10:00 AM   #793
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I think she can just stick that arm down her pants where it usually goes. Roll first aid.
Quote:
[488] 22-08-05 16:58:12 BST
First Aid
3d6 <= 16
3 + 5 + 3 = 11 ... success
Quote:
Halcyone's urban survival indicates that the tunnel is there to put great big objects in the basement without using the stairs... like giant blocks of ice.
Well, I was more wondering why would they still need a tunnel. Weren't the melders all done away years ago?

Quote:
I think during that hour the speech is going to happen, and we've caught up with V.
Could I redeploy my swarms in the grand order building to see if they have any interesting to say about me? Maybe there are conspirators who might see a connection between the attack and whatever they're planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Did we plan a check-in?
Quote:
As the speech concludes, Vassarious shadows the extremist who showed the more violent tendencies and prepares to check in with Halcyone...
I think you wanted one.

"So, how's your end of the investigation going? I underestimated how difficult it would be to deal with a couple knight shamans, so I guess the knight shamans are on alert now. Hopefully you've had more success."
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 01:15 PM   #794
the_matrix_walker

"From the little technological snoopers I've seen about, I'm guessing you already have a pretty good idea. I had a lovely dinner with a Knight Shaman named Yorkig and toured their facility and inspected some of the dwarven artifacts and a text left behind. I tried to give your bugs a good view of the book titled "Principles of StoneWyrk" so it can be reviewed later. I was able to inspect their 15 frozen charges while I was there. I am now friendly with several of their number, which could come in handy, and I studied their forms, and that of the stone melders, so I can attempt to use those shapes if we think they will be of use.

I attended the speech, and there was a person of interest I am currently tailing... they had a more violent predilection than the other rabble-rousers, and so I am investigating.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:27 PM   #795
TGLS

Quote:
"I had a lovely dinner with a Knight Shaman named Yorkig and toured their facility and inspected some of the dwarven artifacts and a text left behind. I tried to give your bugs a good view of the book titled "Principles of StoneWyrk" so it can be reviewed later."
"I'll check and see whether the book is readable."
I do that

Quote:
"I was able to inspect their 15 frozen charges while I was there.
"I suppose you got as good a look at the foggy blocks as the bugs did. I think somebody removed one of the blocks, but I wasn't able to confirm whether one of the blocks doesn't have a stone melder inside."

Quote:
"I attended the speech, and there was a person of interest I am currently tailing... they had a more violent predilection than the other rabble-rousers, and so I am investigating.
"Need any help tailing him? Otherwise, I'll head back to the room and review the speech. Maybe get an idea if the rabble rousers are actually doing anything."
Old 08-08-2022, 10:31 AM   #796
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
I do that
"I am able to read the text, I simply did not have the time to do so without it being obvious that I could do so."

Quote:
"Need any help tailing him? Otherwise, I'll head back to the room and review the speech. Maybe get an idea if the rabble rousers are actually doing anything."
"I believe I have this in hand for now. Let me know if you find anything interesting in your review of your technological divination."
Old 08-09-2022, 08:05 PM   #797
TGLS

Quote:
"I am able to read the text, I simply did not have the time to do so without it being obvious that I could do so."
"If I understand Corco's translation magic right, I could probably read it too, not that I could make heads or tails of it. I just want to be sure that the drones captured good pictures of the pages. You had to flip through it pretty fast, right?"

Quote:
"I believe I have this in hand for now. Let me know if you find anything interesting in your review of your technological divination."
"Will do."

-- EDIT --
OK, let's review recording the speech and the crowd, and try to answer a few questions with Memetics! and Observation
-> Obviously Uglin was surprised by the fifth rabblerouser. Was he pleased by this surprised, or was he upset?
-> Was the crowd driven by the rabblerousers or did he crowd have the attention/energy to break out into cheering on it's own?
-> Did any of the shamans in attendance seem to have a different response from the other shamans (i.e. positivity to the speech, excess negativity)? Were any trying to conceal their emotions?
-> Did V miss anything from their vantage point on the ground?

Assuming a Memetics! roll each and an observation for the last:
Quote:
[489] 22-08-10 14:50:44 BST
Memetics!
3d6 <= 15
1: 3 + 4 + 3 = 10 ... success
2: 6 + 5 + 1 = 12 ... success
3: 6 + 3 + 2 = 11 ... success
sum: 33, average: 11.00, success: 3/3 100%
[490] 22-08-10 14:51:29 BST
Observation
3d6 <= 16
3 + 1 + 4 = 8 ... success

Last edited by TGLS; 08-10-2022 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-10-2022, 10:55 AM   #798
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
"If I understand Corco's translation magic right, I could probably read it too, not that I could make heads or tails of it. I just want to be sure that the drones captured good pictures of the pages. You had to flip through it pretty fast, right?"
"I believe I made things clear to the bugs for a fairly complete reading. I was sure to align the book for a good view when I noticed the monitoring devices buzzing about. I may have had to turn the pages too quickly to be read, but we can slow the footage or freeze the frame I presume. "

Can I have a more detailed description of my quarry? Apparent social status, dress, anything identifying, body language that may be instructive... that sort of thing.
Old 08-10-2022, 11:29 AM   #799
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Vassarious is shadowing the more violent rabble-rouser from the speech...
Quote:
Can I have a more detailed description of my quarry? Apparent social status, dress, anything identifying, body language that may be instructive... that sort of thing.
The aggressive rabble rouser is richly dressed... but has not taken good care of his fine clothes. His numerous piercings, bracelets, and necklaces are dirty and tarnished. He has dust all over himself. He carries a particuarly large light stone around his neck. He's dressed like one of the mining orcs, and but doesn't seem to know quite as many of them as some of the other knots of people.

He goes to a large (for here) house that's quite a bit better kept than the others, and he is welcomed after he lets himself in.

Quote:
Well, I was more wondering why would they still need a tunnel. Weren't the melders all done away years ago?
They were... It seems they never filled the tunnel back in...

Quote:
Could I redeploy my swarms in the grand order building to see if they have any interesting to say about me? Maybe there are conspirators who might see a connection between the attack and whatever they're planning.
Haclyone redeploys the swarms to spy on the grand order. Her hand has been frozen in a translucent block of ice and placed in the basement with the knights guarding it. There are now six knight-shamans in the basement: three orcs and three lizards. More knights continue to arrive. It does not take them too long to call the majority of knights off of the hunt, though a few continue looking around.

There is a lot of discussion about what Halcyone is and what her motives were. Almost all of them agree she is some sort of monster from before the last cataclysm. There is some disagreement if she is a "creature or a construct". There is a lot of disagreement if she works for the dwarves or for some other unknown faction. They aren't sure what exactly she wanted, but they all agree is seems to involve the stone melders, and they want to be on high alert to guard the ice blocks.

You'll need a roll to really sort through oddles of data to find someone who is worried about Halcyone interfering with their plans.

Quote:
give me a photography roll. If relying on the swarm's programming roll vs. 12.

Quote:
OK, let's review recording the speech and the crowd, and try to answer a few questions with Memetics! and Observation
-> Obviously Uglin was surprised by the fifth rabblerouser. Was he pleased by this surprised, or was he upset?
He was a little of both, frustrated with some of the extra cheers and pleased with others. The factors seem to be complex, but generally he likes the added enthusiasm but finds it is impeding the smooth delivery of his oration.

Quote:
-> Was the crowd driven by the rabblerousers or did he crowd have the attention/energy to break out into cheering on it's own?
The crowd was managed by the rabblerousers, but after things got going they needed less and less.

Quote:
-> Did any of the shamans in attendance seem to have a different response from the other shamans (i.e. positivity to the speech, excess negativity)? Were any trying to conceal their emotions?
Yes, three tried to play it cool, one occasionally nodded on one point or the other, and two showed naked disgust.

Quote:
-> Did V miss anything from their vantage point on the ground?
Not especially. depends if you have more questions to ask.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 01:31 PM   #800
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious moves out of sight and shifts... Taking on their Air Elemental form to have a closer look at the house and continue their surveillance.