Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 01-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #31
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Updated / New Character Sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozumcrans
I have what I feel to be a rather annoying problem. The PC I'm making has combat reflexes, Axe/mace of 13 and Broadsword of 16, yet the darn thing keeps defaulting the parry skill to axe (Parry 10), not broadsword (Parry 12)!! Any way I can fix this? You would think a little spinner or button asking me which weapon skill I want to program to default to would be available.
You can set that in the Protection window, under the View menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozumcrans
I also wish to Hand Weapons table was larger to accomodate weapons with multiple uses. The character has a knife, throwing axe and sword, yet thw sword has to appear on page three while the medium shield of all things appears in the top.
If you have the most current patch and Data Update installed, open Character Sheet Options... from the View menu, select charactersheet.gcs from the drop-down list, and under Miscellaneous Options, click Yes to the option to "Sacrifice space from the Notes section" and you'll have more room for the hand weapons.

I hate the default character sheet myself, but I've tried to make it more usable for more folks with various options. I hope this one helps you out. You might also want to check out some of the other character sheets available out there.

Armin
Armin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:12 PM   #32
rozumcrans

This illustrates the difference between a novice and an expert--thanks.
rozumcrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:48 PM   #33
tmedwards

Just a heads up that FlexSheet has been updated and that the update has been sent to Melange for hosting. Until he gets it posted, here's the change log for your perusal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
FlexSheet, version 1.36 ChangeLog
  • Corrected a problem with the option to print the Ad/Disad sections before the Skill sections whereby the Languages section was stuck to the top of the Skills section rather than to the bottom of the Cultural Familiarities section as it should be.
  • Updated the extended DR section to handle extra/irregular body parts somewhat more gracefully.
  • Normalized the way all costs are printed.
FlexSheet, version 1.35 ChangeLog
  • Added an option to print skills on a new page.
  • Added an option to print the Advantages/Perks/Disadvantages/Quirks sections either before or after the Skills/Techniques/Paths/Spells sections.
  • Added an option to change the print color of bonuses and conditionals.
  • Various printing corrections throughout the Advantages, Perks, Disadvantages, Quirks, Languages, Skills, and Techniques sections. Notable differences: the Languages section only prints if you have at least one language and the Advantages, Perks, Disadvantages, Quirks, Skills, and Techniques sections only print if there is at least one item that will print within them (this is a parent/child fix).
  • Corrected the printing of an extraneous separator line when printing Ads, Perks, Disads, and Quirks.
  • Corrected a printing problem where a mostly empty Cultural Familiarities section could extend past the end of the column.
  • Updated the printing of the single and extended DR sections, per the new GCA DR scheme.
  • Reordered many of the options to try and make it easier to find what you're looking for.
  • Removed a couple of obsolete and unused functions (they had been obsolete since FlexSheet 1.32 due to the changes required by the GCA v4.0.287 update).
Cheers!

GCA4 resources: GCA Repository, Phoenix (r66), GMCS (2.17), Bookish (r12)

Last edited by tmedwards; 04-07-2006 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Added version 1.36 changelog
tmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:14 AM   #34
Taellosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmedwards
[*]Added an option to print the Advantages/Perks/Disadvantages/Quirks sections either before or after the Skills/Techniques/Paths/Skills sections.
Sweet! I've been manually doing this by editing the sheet lately. I vote this option also be added to other things. I have taken to putting my character portrait on page two, for example, because, along with the above, it winds up reducing the final printout by a whole page.

Thanks for staying on top of Flexsheet while Melange is occupied with those petty real-life things that seem to be sucking up so much of the time he could be devoting to us! (kidding, of course, Melange. Hope the clean-up and rebuilding process is going well for you and your neighbors)

Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
-Jeff Raskin
Taellosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 05:11 PM   #35
tmedwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taellosse
Sweet! I've been manually doing this by editing the sheet lately. I vote this option also be added to other things. I have taken to putting my character portrait on page two, for example, because, along with the above, it winds up reducing the final printout by a whole page.
Hmm. Well, I do plan on making the sheet more or less sortable with regards to the order in which sections print, eventually. I'm mostly waiting on the List type options to debut first. In the meantime, I do have a FlexSheet variant that swaps the column positions of the stat sections and the image section, as an option, so it shouldn't be difficult to make an option that shunts it to page 2.

Since we're talking about this.... Which column do you normally add the image section to on page 2? Do you just drop it into the same position as on page 1, column 2 top, or something else?

Old 04-07-2006, 05:35 PM   #36
Digganob

Quote:
Just a heads up that FlexSheet has been updated and that the update has been sent to Melange for hosting.
I was under the impression that Melange was no longer doing that. Has he changed his mind?
Digganob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:14 AM   #37
tmedwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digganob
I was under the impression that Melange was no longer doing that. Has he changed his mind?
Not quite.

Melange has chosen not to participate on these forums at the moment due to differences with the moderators. Additionally, he is currently very busy and has little or no time to work on FlexSheet. Add those two together and the end result is that Melange is currently unable to support FlexSheet himself. However, not wanting either of those problems to adversely affect all of the users of FlexSheet, he has been generous enough to allow a few others (currently Naryt and myself) to make updates to FlexSheet in his stead. Beyond that, as far as I know, he intends to continue to host FlexSheet, and all of the other files that he's currently hosting, on his website.

As to changing his mind, about the moderators here... who knows. Once he is less busy and has some free time available again, he may very well decide to reconcile his differences with the moderators and come back or he might never do so. Only time will tell.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:13 AM   #38
Kyoya

Quote:
Melange has chosen not to participate on these forums at the moment due to differences with the moderators. Additionally, he is currently very busy and has little or no time to work on FlexSheet. Add those two together and the end result is that Melange is currently unable to support FlexSheet himself. However, not wanting either of those problems to adversely affect all of the users of FlexSheet, he has been generous enough to allow a few others (currently Naryt and myself) to make updates to FlexSheet in his stead. Beyond that, as far as I know, he intends to continue to host FlexSheet, and all of the other files that he's currently hosting, on his website.
Keep in mind that while I'm pretty busy myself, I am willing to host any files someone needs hosting on my site,

One of those things keeping me busy is working out a way to allow folks I'm hosting for an easier time updating their sheet and adding in descriptions and changelogs, etc.

That means I've been trying to learn PHP much better than I already know it.

Otherwise if you contact me via my mail attached to this account I will manually add the file and update everything.
MIB #2289 | I host some GCA stuff
Kyoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:49 PM   #39
tmedwards

FlexSheet v1.37 is now available for download from Melange's site.

FlexSheet, version 1.37 ChangeLog
  • Added a new subroutine to handle printing of the expanded DR section. This will make it easier for the FlexSheet hackers out there to put it in other parts of the sheet if they wish. The new subroutine allows you to specify the number of sub-columns within the expanded DR section in which to print the body locations.
  • Changed the number of sub-columns in the expanded DR section that FlexSheet prints by default from one to two, which reduces the vertical space it requires. This was done for various reasons, including several user requests.
  • Changed some often used variables with constant values to actually be constants.

Old 04-13-2006, 08:00 PM   #40
Kyoya

Quote:
To remind you I also Mirror Melange's site. Msg me or e-mail me and I'll make it so you can easily update there as well.

In the meantime the sheet was manually updated on the mirror.
MIB #2289 | I host some GCA stuff

Last edited by Kyoya; 04-13-2006 at 08:06 PM.
Kyoya is offline   Reply With Quote