Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #11
Mailanka

Default Re: Sun and Moon Talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
Why not grab a copy of White Wolf's Scion. That game should give you tons of ideas for Solar/Lunar talents in different cultures. (They added a Stars Perview in the Persian Gods supplement).
Get it on a discount, though, because while it's alright to strip mine for ideas, the rest of it's crap.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #12
Refplace

Healing Slumber
Causes the target to fall asleep and if the sleep is deep enough he gains supernatural recuperative powers for the duration. This can be set for any length of time the caster desires.
Statistics: Affliction 5 (Affliction Sleep +150% with Permanent Duration +150%; Secondary Effects +98%: Metabolism Control 10 (Only while sleeping, -50%), Rapid Healing (Only while sleeping, -50%), Regeneration (Regular, Only while sleeping, -50%), Very Fit (Only while sleeping, -50%)) [249]

Pricey but there are no limitations on it yet, as I don't know your campaign or goals well enough. As it is this is a powerful attack that can put a target to sleep with a HT-5 to resist. If critically fail or fail by 5 or more then the secondary healing powers take effect. Metabolism Control changes the sleep to Hibernation and lets the caster specify a time to wake up.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #13
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Healing Slumber
Causes the target to fall asleep and if the sleep is deep enough he gains supernatural recuperative powers for the duration. This can be set for any length of time the caster desires.
Statistics: Affliction 5 (Affliction Sleep +150% with Permanent Duration +150%; Secondary Effects +98%: Metabolism Control 10 (Only while sleeping, -50%), Rapid Healing (Only while sleeping, -50%), Regeneration (Regular, Only while sleeping, -50%), Very Fit (Only while sleeping, -50%)) [249]

Pricey but there are no limitations on it yet, as I don't know your campaign or goals well enough. As it is this is a powerful attack that can put a target to sleep with a HT-5 to resist. If critically fail or fail by 5 or more then the secondary healing powers take effect. Metabolism Control changes the sleep to Hibernation and lets the caster specify a time to wake up.
There's no need for it to be able to put an enemy to sleep. That's fine. Preferably, it should be on a smaller scale. Drawbacks will include the One Eye disadvantage and it should also require Concentration. It could put the (willing) target to sleep but the regeneration would only last as long as the Concentration. This will hopefully cut the cost quite a bit. However, I'm not extremely good with building Afflictions. This is for a character with roughly 255 points (including disadvantages and quirks).
Raekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #14
jabarto

Quote:
Only while sleeping, -50%
Is this appropriate? I mean, "unconscious only" is a mere -20%.

Not that I'd mind being proven wrong. I always liked the idea of powers that heal someone as they sleep.
jabarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #15
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabarto View Post

Not that I'd mind being proven wrong. I always liked the idea of powers that heal someone as they sleep.
I based it off the Projection limitation as these benefits all go away if your woken up. Might be too big a limit though and I'm open to other ideas.
What the Op wants is going to be pretty hard for all the abilities on that ow a budget too.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 07-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #16
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

First note: Rapid Healing is included in Regeneration. I'm just throwing that out there.

Why does it have to cost so much? It surely doesn't need to. Well, not the way that I'm seeing it. It doesn't have to be ultra powerful. Forgive me for not being able to do this myself. My mind is really messed up right now and I've had a stressful day, but I know I won't be able to rest until I can solve this.

-I want it to be a "beneficial" Affliction (no need to target enemies)
-There isn't currently a need to take it past level one
-Permanent Duration is not necessary
-Metabolism Control is not necessary
-Very Fit is not necessary
-Automatically assume my custom -25% limitation is on it
-It should require concentration
-A higher level of Regeneration would be more useful
Old 07-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #17
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekai View Post
First note: Rapid Healing is included in Regeneration. I'm just throwing that out there.
OOps I forgot that and just looked for a couple of related advantages.

Quote:
-I want it to be a "beneficial" Affliction (no need to target enemies)
-There isn't currently a need to take it past level one
-Permanent Duration is not necessary
-Metabolism Control is not necessary
-Very Fit is not necessary
-Automatically assume my custom -25% limitation is on it
-It should require concentration
-A higher level of Regeneration would be more useful

The higher level is useful for making them fail their HT roll and increasing the duration if you remove permanent.
OK so all you want is just healing of HP? The other stuff was added to increase effective HT to recover from disease and poisons.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 07-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #18
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

Quote:
OOps I forgot that and just looked for a couple of related advantages.

The higher level is useful for making them fail their HT roll and increasing the duration if you remove permanent.
OK so all you want is just healing of HP? The other stuff was added to increase effective HT to recover from disease and poisons.
Haha. Well, I was looking for anything to cut down the price by even a little bit.

Well, I don't think I need to worry about super long duration. I mean... He's an Ally at the beginning of the campaign. He doesn't need super badass abilities. Which is also why I think I can save the poison/disease stuff for later as well.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #19
Phoenix_Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabarto View Post
That's completely different. That's unconscious use only, meaning you can't control when it works.

That said, "only while asleep" would be essentially 1/3 of the time, giving it a base value of -25% as an Accessibility limitation. I would be tempted to give an extra -5% due to not being ever used while the character is active, which seems somewhat more constraining for (some) abilities than if the ability was active for the same amount of time, but while the character was also active. Then again, that might be too generous when you consider that a person can often get extra sleep.
Phoenix_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:34 AM   #20
jabarto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Dragon View Post
That's completely different. That's unconscious use only, meaning you can't control when it works.
Ah. I'm not sure how I forgot that, I must have taken a glance at the modifier recently and went off the name. You'd think GURPS would break me of that habit at some point.

Carry on then.
jabarto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
moon, powers, sun, talents