Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-16-2021, 01:01 AM   #971
vicious Violence

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

AFAIK we should roll perception for the attackers,. And we aré near the entrance, and we detected the zombies near the door
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:29 AM   #972
PumpkinLorica

How? We have a GOKEK watching the rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Bushy stands behind Gathica, watching the rear.
Also Bain isn't giving his back, he's flanking from the side OR WE WOULD BE PIN CUSHIONS. He can see and warn us just like the gokek can.

Don’t get me wrong, the surprise attack is OK. WE WANT SO MUCH BLOOD! But we aren’t completely brainless uwu.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:51 AM   #973
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Great!

The fast-draw was successful, it was a 14 (6):
Hide: 3D6 → 6(1 +3 +2)

Then the "fast" ready was 14 (16):
Hide: 3D6 → 16(5 +6 +5)

I just wanted to summarize it, as it is implied that a fast-draw roll precedes the ready roll; hence the arrow will be ready for the next turn!

Regarding the IC, Bain is camouflaged and under cover.
They must roll to find about Bain, and Bain must also roll to notice the enemy.
Not to mention he is the furthest from both sides.
Bain has attacked zombies multiple times, and is within the Sunlight spell radius. And if that did not blow his concealment (according to the DF rules, attacking reveals yourself, although I am open to hiding again after that during combat, but that requires an action), the bandits can still make rolls every turn Bain acts to spot him. And they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
AFAIK we should roll perception for the attackers,. And we aré near the entrance, and we detected the zombies near the door
You already did. Bain made an Observation roll as you guys entered the cave. The bandits had a lookout (the "severed head" in an alcove), but Bain did not investigate and just entered the cave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
How? We have a GOKEK watching the rear.

Also Bain isn't giving his back, he's flanking from the side OR WE WOULD BE PIN CUSHIONS. He can see and warn us just like the gokek can.

Don’t get me wrong, the surprise attack is OK. WE WANT SO MUCH BLOOD! But we aren’t completely brainless uwu.
The earth elemental was watching the rear, yes. But the bandits are in darkness and made their Stealth roll.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:12 AM   #974
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

What was the radius on the sunlight spell? I don't see that it was ever specified.

Could I get a diagram of this cavern complex? at least the part we're in? You've described it incompletely a few different times, and I've never been able to understand the descriptions, and I've expressed my confusion before. We should have a good understanding of at least this section of the cave because we've spent rests in it.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:21 PM   #975
Hide

I will leave my comments via PM.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:04 PM   #976
PumpkinLorica

Gathika threw her light like Bain’s attack, 5 yards away to cancel our penalty. It stretches 4 yards from that point to Vic’s attack range. It makes no sense to cast the light over us, we don’t want to cancel their penalties but ours. This isn’t the first time we are here. .. the watch post thing is odd. Bain checked the place, he said “preventive observation” or something. You didn’t mention anything new besides the zombies.

Also, F in memory of Vic’s critical /ᐠ.-ꞈ.ᐟ\
Old 09-17-2021, 01:44 AM   #977
ajardoor

Quote:
Could I get a diagram of this cavern complex? at least the part we're in? You've described it incompletely a few different times, and I've never been able to understand the descriptions, and I've expressed my confusion before. We should have a good understanding of at least this section of the cave because we've spent rests in it.
I do not have my computer with the Paint program on it right now...
The corridor from the cave opening leads down into a three way junction. To the left is the mess hall. To the right is the guard post. In front is another corridor going forward a few yards and then off to the right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
Gathika threw her light like Bain’s attack, 5 yards away to cancel our penalty. It stretches 4 yards from that point to Vic’s attack range. It makes no sense to cast the light over us, we don’t want to cancel their penalties but ours. This isn’t the first time we are here. .. the watch post thing is odd. Bain checked the place, he said “preventive observation” or something. You didn’t mention anything new besides the zombies.
The light radius gets rid of darkness penalties within it, and like lights has a small 3 yard distance from its edges where the darkness penalties are only -3 or less (see the section on light sources), outside that distance the normal darkness penalties resume. I already factored that in.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:51 AM   #978
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
I do not have my computer with the Paint program on it right now...
The corridor from the cave opening leads down into a three way junction. To the left is the mess hall. To the right is the guard post. In front is another corridor going forward a few yards and then off to the right.

That's not a three-way junction... that's a four-way. Where in this is the party, and where are the bandits?

Quote:
The light radius gets rid of darkness penalties within it, and like lights has a small 3 yard distance from its edges where the darkness penalties are only -3 or less (see the section on light sources), outside that distance the normal darkness penalties resume. I already factored that in.

Does that match the spell description? the daylight spell is weird. I think its intentionally described as an overhead beam to avoid getting the "bonus" area.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 09-17-2021 at 08:29 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 10:22 PM   #979
ajardoor

Quote:
That's not a three-way junction... that's a four-way. Where in this is the party, and where are the bandits?
The party went left, on the edge of the mess hall. The bandits are on the right, inside the guard post (so behind you, unless you were watching the rear). (I did not count the way you came in, for the junction, but yes it is a four way, sorry.)
Old 09-18-2021, 04:51 AM   #980
ajardoor

Bain objects to the bandits surprising and attacking him. I think he did not make it clear that he was flanking the zombies from the side.

Players, I am curious what you say about this. You might convince me of one thing or another, but right now I am of the opinion the attack is valid.

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, fantasy, magic, martial arts