Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2022, 12:44 PM   #831
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

"While I did like to notion of leading the knights to their quarry to do their own dirty work, I suppose it would be more reliable to intercede and attend the unveiling ourselves and secure the prisoner."

When Vassarious takes the Ice Orc form, are there any icy powers in the template he picked up as the base? That may come in handy in keeping this guy frozen...
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 08:23 AM   #832
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"While I did like to notion of leading the knights to their quarry to do their own dirty work, I suppose it would be more reliable to intercede and attend the unveiling ourselves and secure the prisoner."
"Good, I'll gather up the equipment and hopefully I can make it back in time."

V just has a suit of armour, and they were wearing it, right? I'll go fetch my rifle, cutlass, construction foam (enough to seal several doors shut), and explosives (enough to breach a whole in the side of an average building).
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 08:33 AM   #833
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Halcyone goes back to the Cave to pick up her gear. Will she be doing anything to make it look less out-of-place?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 09:54 AM   #834
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Halcyone goes back to the Cave to pick up her gear. Will she be doing anything to make it look less out-of-place?
Well I was kind of hoping the barrel of construction foam would resemble a barrel of something else. Maybe beer.

Failing that I'll look for a barrel to hide the foam barrel in. It should be denser than water, so maybe I could hide other items in there too?
Quote:
[505] 22-09-02 15:52:04 BST
Scrounging for barrels
3d6 <= 16
5 + 4 + 2 = 11 ... success
Would I have happened to have brought along anything like a backpack? Doesn't need to be huge, just enough to carry 30 lb. of explosives and gauss clips.

Does the rifle happen to have a folding stock? UT says no but maybe? How difficult would it be to stuff the rifle down a pant leg? Maybe it would be a little easier given that the leg isn't full of leg.

Are there rules about openly displaying weapons in public? Not sure if the cutlass would cause a problem.

Could I get some clothes that might do better to help conceal items underneath them, like a long and flowing dress? Maybe I could hold a rifle at the ready while walking around.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 02:56 PM   #835
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well I was kind of hoping the barrel of construction foam would resemble a barrel of something else. Maybe beer.
rolling IQ... 11... sure, you can have it look like a barrel. Or two barrels.


Quote:
Would I have happened to have brought along anything like a backpack? Doesn't need to be huge, just enough to carry 30 lb. of explosives and gauss clips.
You brought a backpack. You had to walk through the door with all that stuff.

Quote:
Does the rifle happen to have a folding stock? UT says no but maybe? How difficult would it be to stuff the rifle down a pant leg? Maybe it would be a little easier given that the leg isn't full of leg.
lets roll for it... 50% chance...No. Sorry. make sure to bring it next mission.


Quote:
Are there rules about openly displaying weapons in public? Not sure if the cutlass would cause a problem.
No, weapons go everywhere.

Quote:
Could I get some clothes that might do better to help conceal items underneath them, like a long and flowing dress? Maybe I could hold a rifle at the ready while walking around.
Or long and flowing robes... yeah, that will work. The two dominant biomes are desert and Artic, so bulking up on clothes works.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 11:21 PM   #836
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
rolling IQ... 11... sure, you can have it look like a barrel. Or two barrels.
Let's go with a barrel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You brought a backpack. You had to walk through the door with all that stuff.
Cool, I suppose it matches local backpacks (though I suppose a barrel and a backpack might be a bit much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
lets roll for it... 50% chance...No. Sorry. make sure to bring it next mission.

No, weapons go everywhere.

Or long and flowing robes... yeah, that will work. The two dominant biomes are desert and Artic, so bulking up on clothes works.
Right, so I'll need to make a Holdout roll at -4+X (where X is the clothing bonus) for the rifle. Can the easier to conceal minineedler just be lumped in under the same roll? A Nun's habit was a +5, so that's probably the ceiling.
Quote:
[506] 22-09-07 05:16:53 BST
Holdout MoS
-3d6 +11
- 1 - 6 - 5 + 11 = -1
Looks like a pretty bare success, then again I don't think I'm being searched.

Maybe an Acting roll to get across town? Trundling across town carrying a big ol' barrel, barely breaking a sweat might come off as a little odd.
Quote:
[507] 22-09-07 05:21:16 BST
Acting
3d6 <= 15
5 + 1 + 6 = 12 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 09:56 AM   #837
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Halcyone decides rolling the barrel will look most natural, and once into the more populated area of the cave, starts rolling the barrel rather than carrying it. Its still a fair distance. Where is Halcyone bringing the stuff?


As Halcyone is walking back, more orcs trickle into the granary... including one who seems to be the leader.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 11:20 AM   #838
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Halcyone decides rolling the barrel will look most natural, and once into the more populated area of the cave, starts rolling the barrel rather than carrying it. Its still a fair distance. Where is Halcyone bringing the stuff?
I suppose V told me about the granary? I'll get into the general area of there and then contact V for further instruction.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 10:55 PM   #839
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I suppose V told me about the granary? I'll get into the general area of there and then contact V for further instruction.
Yes, Vassarious slipped out and took orcish form to update you on the granary and returned to watch for... exactly this development!

The elemental watches over the group and examines the interaction to finish evaluating the social dynamic, as to the leader and his lieutenants and who might be harboring their prize.

-

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 09-08-2022 at 04:50 PM. Reason: fixed verbiage
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 10:31 AM   #840
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

The leader listens to the groups discussion about unveiling their "prize". After about 15 minutes of back and forth, he interjects, and everyone falls into line: They will be exposing just the face of the prisoner, and they will be doing it tonight. He assigns them to come up with strategies for negotiating with it, down to the specific words.



It appears they are waiting to get the wording right, but also for an allied knight-shaman to show up to roll back the ice.



Halcyone arrives near the granary.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 09-09-2022 at 10:36 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.