Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2022, 12:41 PM   #1511
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post

The two reactors that are on right now are having problems that require either a manual shut off or the immediate attention of a skilled reactor engineer.
I'm guessing Daymar's Engineering (Starship) - 13 is unlikely to cut it in this situation, so he's going to try to identify a reactor engineer among the prisoners, asking "Who here can help deal with the reactor problem?"
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 10:51 AM   #1512
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well hopefully they aren't keeping anyone with a gun in reserve.
Hopefully... though it crosses Hua's mind that there SHOULD be an officer with a gun somewhere in here...


Quote:
Well that's great! Hua doesn't need to make a dodge roll! :)
I'm just trying to clobber all of your characters at the same time! I think you'd rather have Hua roll dodge than Julian though...


Hua dodges.


Quote:
Now I fire one of the guys holding a tool (Vitals, two yards or less, 3 shots, bulk?).

I rerolled, if you want to use the previous that's fine
lets use the first roll. No bulk.


The man is shot, but both he and his comrade continue swinging... without effect.


Quote:
I guess the guards are in no position to help yet?
An invisible ally is blocking the door... would you like them to open fire or try to push through?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
I'm guessing Daymar's Engineering (Starship) - 13 is unlikely to cut it in this situation, so he's going to try to identify a reactor engineer among the prisoners, asking "Who here can help deal with the reactor problem?"
The insignia on half the uniforms indicate that about every other prisoner is qualified... but they all look at each other to see if anyone will say something rather than stepping forward.... its only about eight on this level, the rest are being held in other places.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 11:30 AM   #1513
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I'm just trying to clobber all of your characters at the same time! I think you'd rather have Hua roll dodge than Julian though...
If only I could bring her in as a stunt double; she might actually be able to make twenty dodge rolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
lets use the first roll. No bulk.

The man is shot, but both he and his comrade continue swinging... without effect.
Thought he would have gone down. Must have armour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
An invisible ally is blocking the door... would you like them to open fire or try to push through?
Fair point. Can I make it through the doorway without getting hit (or at least attempt to)? Maybe I could open the door further to make it clear I've passed through. Here's an evade roll (DX-5, foe is standing):

Quote:
[1071] 22-07-25 18:29:43 CEST
DX - 5
3d6 <= 10
1 + 3 + 3 = 7 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 04:27 PM   #1514
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The insignia on half the uniforms indicate that about every other prisoner is qualified... but they all look at each other to see if anyone will say something rather than stepping forward.... its only about eight on this level, the rest are being held in other places.
Am I correct in thinking these prisoners are not among those Daymar tried to subvert?

If so, he'll try Mental Surgery on the eight to see who he can convince to help him.

[1072] 22-07-25 23:26:08 CEST

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism), All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 16
1: 6 + 6 + 2 = 14 ... success
2: 3 + 4 + 3 = 10 ... success
3: 1 + 2 + 5 = 8 ... success
4: 6 + 1 + 3 = 10 ... success
5: 6 + 4 + 2 = 12 ... success
6: 5 + 2 + 6 = 13 ... success
7: 6 + 3 + 3 = 12 ... success
8: 3 + 3 + 3 = 9 ... success

After that, he asks again for one or more volunteers, in the service of El Quinta Republica.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 10:12 AM   #1515
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Thought he would have gone down. Must have armour.
Only a single hit doing 10 damage against a ST 11 guy, and a solid HT roll.

Quote:
Fair point. Can I make it through the doorway without getting hit (or at least attempt to)? Maybe I could open the door further to make it clear I've passed through. Here's an evade roll (DX-5, foe is standing):
The invisible dreadstormer moves into the crowd, clearing space for the soldiers, and bumping hard into them. Roll dodge against a random fist doing 1 point of damage.

The front two soldiers open fire against the two with weapons, with simple, precise shots they hope won't hit Hua. Both of men with fist loads go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Am I correct in thinking these prisoners are not among those Daymar tried to subvert?

If so, he'll try Mental Surgery on the eight to see who he can convince to help him.

After that, he asks again for one or more volunteers, in the service of El Quinta Republica.
Correct, they're still loyal to the Zorbani. As Daymar moves towards the men, the seem to realize he's intending to do something to them, and attempt to move away.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 10:56 AM   #1516
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Only a single hit doing 10 damage against a ST 11 guy, and a solid HT
I thought it was 30 with the vitals targeting, but anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
the invisible dreadstormer moves into the crowd, clearing space for the soldiers, and bumping hard into them. Roll dodge against a random fist doing 1 point of damage.
Quote:
[1082] 22-07-26 17:39:33 CEST
Dodge
3d6 <= 10
1 + 2 + 1 = 4 ... success
I weave and bob through the crowd. I guess the random punching guy gets thrown off balance.

Can I do suppression fire from within the crowd I'm in to (hopefully) disperse then so the security can take them more easily, or at least cut my way free from the crowd. If I understand correctly, I'd be making an attack roll at 8 or less against everyone within the area the crowd is in, but I suppose firing within the Hex might complicate things. And I dunno how the crowd is distributed or how many people are in the crowd

Last edited by TGLS; 07-26-2022 at 01:21 PM.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 11:26 AM   #1517
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Correct, they're still loyal to the Zorbani. As Daymar moves towards the men, the seem to realize he's intending to do something to them, and attempt to move away.
Daymar orders his guards to secure the prisoners. Then he will try to convert them as previously outlined.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 10:26 PM   #1518
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...)You have 10 compromised fighters and 4 clean, rather than 4 compromised and 10 clean fighters (...)
OOC: Alright, just to make the plan clearer:

Pacifica tells the compromised men to "stay away". The plan: They leave and pay attention; they will count one minute from Zybo's "arrival". Pacifica will talk to Zybo, and then they will attack everybody once the time's up (they will miss on purpose). They will take a formation and walk-in slowly to make it harder for Zybo to tell the enemy numbers.

The idea is to "infiltrate" Zybo's team. If the explosives specialist (Lt. Nichapu) is compromised, he will stay out of the fight (playing dead), if he's clean he will be with Pacifica. If for some reason Zybo or company happen to close the door and leave the rest out, Pacifica’s team will shoot back, and the “enemies” will play dead. For this reason, it is important not to attack all at once; because the rest may hide and lead an ambush.

Pacifica will make a "pincer attack". Zybo should remain unarmed, with the aim of having him believe Pacifica's side is the good side.


OOC: To coordinate these actions and execute the plan, Pacifica makes a tactics (9) 6 roll, (using Luck). So, according to my notes, I think these are the “clean men” in Pacifica’s team: Tozortu, Vorkuzo, Vinobi and Thorpojor (If it isn't like this, please let me know).

Pacifica greets Zybo an speaks:

Sir, I am glad you are alright. The Dreadstormers are after us.

Lt. Butieku told us that you would be either here or in section 18, arming a bomb to keep the Dreadstormers hands off the ship. She explained you would blow one of these sections and walk the opposite way to survive the explosion. We fought a group of Dreadstormers and Butieku got KIA, but her men should be on their way to section 18. According to the intel I gathered, Tutuna and Zibipor could be with allied to the enemy masterminds.


Regardless, Pacifica offers Zybo her help, to provide him with additional help.

OOC: That should be enough for a 1-minute conversation. If (later) Zybo or his group need more information she will add the following:

Vinobi summoned me to section 10. He wanted to discuss with you and I some intel I previously shared with him, intel regarding a potential attack deemed “the end game”. While I was on my way, the guards and I spied on an unusually large number of security crewmen going to the upper sections. We eluded them by reaching section 9, were I met with Thorpojor (who was tracking these men).

We faced a small group of “Dreadstormers” in Section 9, who tried to take over it. Then the captain sent Vinobi to help us, but things were already under our control, except for the shot crewmen. Thus, we got Lt. Butieku with us and more men. When we heard “the captain’s message”, we ran towards section 10, but everybody was dead.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 11:36 AM   #1519
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I thought it was 30 with the vitals targeting, but anyway.
My bad!


Quote:
I weave and bob through the crowd. I guess the random punching guy gets thrown off balance.
The invisible dreadstormer makes through the men, causing a great deal of chaos.


Quote:
Can I do suppression fire from within the crowd I'm in to (hopefully) disperse then so the security can take them more easily, or at least cut my way free from the crowd. If I understand correctly, I'd be making an attack roll at 8 or less against everyone within the area the crowd is in, but I suppose firing within the Hex might complicate things. And I dunno how the crowd is distributed or how many people are in the crowd
After the first evade, you have space. Its about 20 people crammed into a bunch of 10 foot hallways. Hua can go ahead and spray bullets.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar orders his guards to secure the prisoners. Then he will try to convert them as previously outlined.
The guards grab them one by one. After the second is converted, he immediately walks over to the terminal without needing any prompting, and starts flipping switches... and yelling for people to take specific actions on physical parts of the reactor. like turning some levers off and others on.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
OOC: Alright, just to make the plan clearer:

Pacifica tells the compromised men to "stay away". The plan: They leave and pay attention; they will count one minute from Zybo's "arrival". Pacifica will talk to Zybo, and then they will attack everybody once the time's up (they will miss on purpose). They will take a formation and walk-in slowly to make it harder for Zybo to tell the enemy numbers.

The idea is to "infiltrate" Zybo's team. If the explosives specialist (Lt. Nichapu) is compromised, he will stay out of the fight (playing dead), if he's clean he will be with Pacifica. If for some reason Zybo or company happen to close the door and leave the rest out, Pacifica’s team will shoot back, and the “enemies” will play dead. For this reason, it is important not to attack all at once; because the rest may hide and lead an ambush.

Pacifica will make a "pincer attack". Zybo should remain unarmed, with the aim of having him believe Pacifica's side is the good side.


OOC: To coordinate these actions and execute the plan, Pacifica makes a tactics (9) 6 roll, (using Luck). So, according to my notes, I think these are the “clean men” in Pacifica’s team: Tozortu, Vorkuzo, Vinobi and Thorpojor (If it isn't like this, please let me know).
Vinobi and Thorpojor are present and uncompromised. The others seem to be names you just made up, which is fine. you actually have one more: Vinobi does not count as part of the four. Nichapu is compromised.


The plan makes sense to me.

Quote:
Pacifica greets Zybo and speaks:

Sir, I am glad you are alright. The Dreadstormers are after us.

Lt. Butieku told us that you would be either here or in section 18, arming a bomb to keep the Dreadstormers hands off the ship. She explained you would blow one of these sections and walk the opposite way to survive the explosion. We fought a group of Dreadstormers and Butieku got KIA, but her men should be on their way to section 18. According to the intel I gathered, Tutuna and Zibipor could be with allied to the enemy masterminds.


Regardless, Pacifica offers Zybo her help, to provide him with additional help.
Zybo: "Wait, you think Tutuna is working with them? How sure are you? This is really bad."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 11:52 AM   #1520
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
After the first evade, you have space. Its about 20 people crammed into a bunch of 10 foot hallways. Hua can go ahead and spray bullets.
So that'd be, what, 2 or 3 people per hallway? Hopefully not too many shots wasted on the walls.

OK, I'll start hosing down the hallways with a continuous burst of laser fire from my pistol.

Quote:
[1086] 22-07-27 18:49:01 CEST
Ten Wild Shots
3d6 <= 8
1: 4 + 3 + 4 = 11 ... failure
2: 6 + 5 + 6 = 17 ... failure
3: 6 + 3 + 5 = 14 ... failure
4: 2 + 5 + 4 = 11 ... failure
5: 2 + 3 + 1 = 6 ... success
6: 2 + 1 + 3 = 6 ... success
7: 2 + 6 + 5 = 13 ... failure
8: 1 + 4 + 4 = 9 ... failure
9: 4 + 5 + 5 = 14 ... failure
10: 3 + 5 + 1 = 9 ... failure
11: 4 + 6 + 3 = 13 ... failure
12: 6 + 6 + 5 = 17 ... failure
13: 5 + 3 + 6 = 14 ... failure
14: 4 + 1 + 2 = 7 ... success
15: 5 + 4 + 4 = 13 ... failure
16: 4 + 5 + 1 = 10 ... failure
17: 4 + 4 + 6 = 14 ... failure
18: 4 + 2 + 6 = 12 ... failure
19: 2 + 6 + 5 = 13 ... failure
20: 4 + 4 + 1 = 9 ... failure

sum: 232, average: 11.60, success: 3/20 15%
About as accurate as you can expect I guess.

Quote:
[1087] 22-07-27 18:50:09 CEST
Damage
3d6 <= 0
1: 3 + 6 + 3 = 12 ... failure
2: 5 + 6 + 3 = 14 ... failure
3: 3 + 3 + 1 = 7 ... failure
I suppose we can ignore that <=0 bit
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.