Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2022, 12:00 AM   #1381
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Yes, you do, and your soldiers have clean shots that don't risk hitting you.
Thanks! For the surprise attack, Pacifica delivers a DWA (kick) against 2 targets, first she goes for a regular security member and then for Lt. Butieku. Do they have "bullet" guns?

DWA (Karate)
3d6 <= 15
1 + 2 + 6 = 9 ... success

Damage 2d6+5 (tox):
2d6
2 + 2 = 4 + 5 = 9

DWA (Karate)
3d6 <= 15-7
1 + 3 + 4 = 8 ... success

Damage 2d6+5 (tox):
2d6
4 + 5 = 9+5 = 14
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 05:51 AM   #1382
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar:
Sergant Pookivo: "If we've lost contact, then they probably reported back. They know we're here. What directions do you expect an attack from? Are we striking out anywhere?"


Hua:
Hua vanishes from sight, and enters the laser section. They have obviously noticed security passing through armed, and have been disrupted by it. Everyone is talking about it, and they all seem tense.

The successful observation roll indicates that enemy security exited to the aft on deck 10... through a door into the officer's quarters, which is locked by officer security codes... which Pacifica got for you a while back.

Pacifica:
Lt. Butieku has a slug-thrower at her side but has a laser riffle in her hands. Everyone else is using laser riffles. Pacifica can't DWA with two kicks without some sort of jump/acrobatics roll. I'm changing the first kick to a punch unless otherwise indicated.

Lt. Butieku is hit hard and goes down. The security Pacifica hits takes quite a bit of damage (7 points) but stays up.

Vinobi hits a guy, and two of Pacifica's people open fire, both striking their targets.

The only guy still up drops his weapon and raises his hands.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 07:51 AM   #1383
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua:
Hua vanishes from sight, and enters the laser section. They have obviously noticed security passing through armed, and have been disrupted by it. Everyone is talking about it, and they all seem tense.

The successful observation roll indicates that enemy security exited to the aft on deck 10... through a door into the officer's quarters, which is locked by officer security codes... which Pacifica got for you a while back.
I'll head back to Daymar, Pookivo, whoever and report in.
Quote:
[969] 22-04-29 14:25:16 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
4 + 5 + 2 = 11 ... success
"The security guards have returned to the officer's quarters. I say we prepare to hit the officer quarters posthaste. Get me two guards who are good at acting. We'll get them on the inside, along with yours truly, to warn any of our officers still in their quarters. Say they're making a report or something. Then when we open up on them we'll have a few more guns on the inside."
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 11:53 AM   #1384
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Pacifica can't DWA with two kicks without some sort of jump/acrobatics roll. I'm changing the first kick to a punch unless otherwise indicated.
Got it! Jump-kick (a technique that gives you +2 to damage) does not require acrobatics for execution, but it needs acrobatics to avoid falling down. To comply with your observation, I just rolled acrobatics to deliver the two kicks with DWA (without the +2 of the jump-kick technique, in other words the damage I rolled stays the same):

Acrobatics
3d6 <= 14
2 + 2 + 4 = 8 ... success

Quote:
Lt. Butieku is hit hard and goes down. The security Pacifica hits takes quite a bit of damage (7 points) but stays up.
Hopefully the security is out now, considering a major wound!
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 02:15 PM   #1385
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll head back to Daymar, Pookivo, whoever and report in.

"The security guards have returned to the officer's quarters. I say we prepare to hit the officer quarters posthaste. Get me two guards who are good at acting. We'll get them on the inside, along with yours truly, to warn any of our officers still in their quarters. Say they're making a report or something. Then when we open up on them we'll have a few more guns on the inside."
"Well, that's where we were heading anyway, I guess it just means they're reinforced and know that we're coming, but we've got to hit them anyway."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:58 AM   #1386
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Got it! Jump-kick (a technique that gives you +2 to damage) does not require acrobatics for execution, but it needs acrobatics to avoid falling down. To comply with your observation, I just rolled acrobatics to deliver the two kicks with DWA (without the +2 of the jump-kick technique, in other words the damage I rolled stays the same):

Hopefully the security is out now, considering a major wound!
Taking 9 damage rather than 7 does not change the wounding category, though it does make the guard cross to under 1/3rd HP and suffer dodge penalties. She still drops her weapon and puts up her hands
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 09:06 AM   #1387
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll head back to Daymar, Pookivo, whoever and report in.

"The security guards have returned to the officer's quarters. I say we prepare to hit the officer quarters posthaste. Get me two guards who are good at acting. We'll get them on the inside, along with yours truly, to warn any of our officers still in their quarters. Say they're making a report or something. Then when we open up on them we'll have a few more guns on the inside."
Sargent Pookivo: "We don't train for acting sir. Being discrete and calm on discovery of critical information, yes, but not actual acting."


Sargent Nubitothi:"No, but Booki and Nortocho are far too good at lying for their own good. They're both here."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 02:44 PM   #1388
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Sargent Pookivo: "We don't train for acting sir. Being discrete and calm on discovery of critical information, yes, but not actual acting."

Sargent Nubitothi:"No, but Booki and Nortocho are far too good at lying for their own good. They're both here."
"Good, bring them to me. We'll enter through a lower entrance in case they're worried we're going to be coming from this direction. We'll contact our officers, then take the other officers unawares when you attack. We should aim to do the attack X minutes from now."

IQ roll for the X:
Quote:
[971] 22-05-03 21:35:21 CEST
IQ
3d6 <= 14
2 + 2 + 4 = 8 ... success
So who should be in the quarters? I think Vibibu shouldn't (and isn't) and Vinobi should (but obviously isn't), and that leaves Chojo, Jokuchi, Jivithi, and Nichapu as unclear.


Then it's on to sneaking into the a officer quarters.
Quote:
[972] 22-05-03 21:44:03 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1 + 5 + 4 = 10 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 09:57 AM   #1389
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Good, bring them to me. We'll enter through a lower entrance in case they're worried we're going to be coming from this direction. We'll contact our officers, then take the other officers unawares when you attack. We should aim to do the attack X minutes from now."

IQ roll for the X:


Then it's on to sneaking into the a officer quarters.
Could you specify the route you are taking? What story will the actors have prepared? Are you going invisible for this?


You probably want seven minutes to get in and warn the fifth column before the attack hits.



Quote:
So who should be in the quarters? I think Vibibu shouldn't (and isn't) and Vinobi should (but obviously isn't), and that leaves Chojo, Jokuchi, Jivithi, and Nichapu as unclear.
Chojo and Nichapu are off duty, Jivithi and Jokuchi are on duty.



****************************
What is Daymar up to?



And of course, Pacifica is in the middle of action...
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:38 AM   #1390
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
What story will the actors have prepared? Could you specify the route you are taking? Are you going invisible for this?
Did I have any extra uniforms from when I stole them to give to the released prisoners? Do any of them match shields or missiles? I'll fetch one of those and change before hand if so.

Route is one floor down from 6F to 7F, then into the elevator down to 13F, then back up into 12F.

I won't be going invisible (please disregard the roll I made), instead I'll be posing a prisoner who they'll be taking to the officer for interrogation, I was spotted without a buddy or something, and the officer for the current shift doesn't recognize me but the other shift's might. If I don't have a uniform, a different story where I say that I was told to do something suspicious by Chojo could do too. Then Chojo can go tell Nichapu.

I'd also like the security guards to be carrying additional guns, perhaps holding a gun in their holsters while having their weapons drawn.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.