Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2022, 12:28 PM   #1331
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

OK. Do you want me to come or are you fine running on your own? Do you think we could multitask and I could take the officer's area while you convert over at deck 9?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 03:32 PM   #1332
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK. Do you want me to come or are you fine running on your own? Do you think we could multitask and I could take the officer's area while you convert over at deck 9?
I think it would be good for Hua to accompany Daymar to deck 9, and then we can assess whether to split up the group.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 03:44 PM   #1333
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
I think it would be good for Hua to accompany Daymar to deck 9, and then we can assess whether to split up the group.
Alright, let's go.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 09:26 PM   #1334
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK. Do you want me to come or are you fine running on your own? Do you think we could multitask and I could take the officer's area while you convert over at deck 9?
OOC: It could be dangerous going to deck 10 "alone".

PD. Guys, thanks for coming to deck 9.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 10:51 AM   #1335
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar and Hua make it to deck 6 to gather the rest of security... as they are securing the prisoners, they hear laser fire just in front of them.

*******************
Pacifica is waiting for Daymar to show up and mind-control her prisoners (who are rather worse for the wear) when a man opens a hatch on the port side of the compartment, then quickly ducks out.

"Pacifica! its Lt. Vinobi! Captain sent me down here to make sure everything is alright! I've got Lt. Butieku* and four security loyal to the captain with me. What's going on here? Is it safe for us come through?"

would Pacifica please make a perception roll.

*not a subverted officer.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 11:12 AM   #1336
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar and Hua make it to deck 6 to gather the rest of security... as they are securing the prisoners, they hear laser fire just in front of them.
Who could that be? Did we have guards posted outside of the command center? Is there an alternative exit to to the command center? If so, I'd like to exit and try to get behind them.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 03:41 PM   #1337
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Who could that be? Did we have guards posted outside of the command center? Is there an alternative exit to to the command center? If so, I'd like to exit and try to get behind them.
I believe there are a number of ways into and out of the command centre, so that should be possible.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 04:03 PM   #1338
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

A few rolls for maneuvering and recon:
Quote:
[899] 22-04-12 23:01:39 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
3 + 3 + 6 = 12 ... success
[900] 22-04-12 23:01:50 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1 + 6 + 5 = 12 ... success
[901] 22-04-12 23:02:31 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
1 + 4 + 1 = 6 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 01:08 PM   #1339
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

So the level 6 command center is very much in a difficult to access angle: Its got a capacitor to its aft, which is very much not traverseable, and the port and starboard doors are blocked by missile tubes.



Going up and over is all clear... deck five's bow is nice and clear. Going down and under on deck 7-9 can get you about 40 feet beyond the current compartment before you enter the main forward lasers, which can be traversed, but awkwardly.



I'm assuming Hua is going up and over.



As to if you had gaurds outside the command center... I assumed so. lookouts are a pretty standard idea. If you explicitly don't want that, let me know and we can run it differently.



Here is a handy dandy map if we want to use it. Hua and Daymar are currently in B2, the laser fire seems to be coming from C2 aimed at the gaurds at the door between B2 and C2
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 03:24 PM   #1340
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
As to if you had gaurds outside the command center... I assumed so. lookouts are a pretty standard idea. If you explicitly don't want that, let me know and we can run it differently.
Well, wanted to be sure. I didn't remember saying so explicitly so I wasn't sure if this was nervous guards shooting at something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I'm assuming Hua is going up and over.

Here is a handy dandy map if we want to use it. Hua and Daymar are currently in B2, the laser fire seems to be coming from C2 aimed at the gaurds at the door between B2 and C2
Up and over and through the fore hatch on C2. Hopefully nobody spots the opening hatch.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.